IGNORED

new autechre may 19th

chaosmachine

Guest DavBrav
Btw where is the TRACK BY TRACK Artwork they promised? it didnt come with the downloads and that album artwork posted earlier is not track-by-track

There's new artwork for "The PLC ccc". The rest will come out with the other tracks, as they're released. The artwork that was posted in this thread is just for the four EPs that will be released on iTunes, Beatport, etc. Only the files from Bleep will have the individual artwork, it looks like; it was the same story with Quaristice.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maddestmax

the way people call the artwork lazy just shows how many people think about art in general.

its a profound misunderstanding of crativity in general.

would it be better if they painted complicated oil paintings that take a lot of time and expensive materials.

geez.

i work in graphics and its this kind of crap that gets on my nerves the most.

so many people cant take minimalism.

you leave some white space on a poster and people will call it empty.

you use less font sizes and keep things simple and people have the feeling they aren't getting anything for their money.

has one ever heard of this man?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazimir_Malevich

just my opinion.

I like the art, it's a nice concept and works well - what do you complainers want, oilpaintings?

same idea same time

:laughing:

yes i think this is definitely part of it, and you also have to understand that its a like a double whammy of minimalism on both fronts, the visual artwork is extremely minimalist and frankly these 'versions' of alternate takes on quaristice, especially the first one on bleep are quite minimal, it sounds like the PLC on the 2nd quaristice disc with half the layers taken out of it. I have to admit i am feeling the autechre minimalism disappointment right now too, but mostly just because of the audio.

Guest DavBrav
the way people call the artwork lazy just shows how many people think about art in general.

would it be better if they painted complicated oil paintings that take a lot of time and expensive materials.

geez.

you use less font sizes and keep things simple and people have the feeling they aren't getting anything for their money.

just my opinion.

Personally, my favorite is Kenneth Noland, especially his circle prints. I have a poster print of this one on my wall. Less really is more. You don't always need instant gratification, you know; it's very rewarding to watch something unfold. Same goes for artwork - you could throw everything down and have a Master P album cover, or you could show some restraint. I personally love what DR has done for Quaristice.

Seeing how people bitch about these pieces as "too minimal", I would love to see their reactions to Plastikman.

Guest maddestmax

I have the impression ae are trying to demystify their music.

they are just growing out of their mystery-image i guess.

I would love to see their reactions to Plastikman.

Plastikman is the true representative of proper minimal music. I'm still deeply in love with "pakard" from "artifakts bc" -- 12 minutes of pure minimal acid techno. No second it gets boring. He's truly able to make interesting repetitive songs with only a couple of sounds. Must have something to do with the incredible mastering/mixing of his tracks with subtle warm fx/ambience.

Guest Tankakern

geez.

just my opinion.

I like the art, it's a nice concept and works well - what do you complainers want, oilpaintings?

same idea same time

:laughing:

I couldnt agree more. Yet, for somebody who is aware of the fact that DR's artwork pertains––intentionally or not––to Malevich, your avatar is terrible.

I think Warp's angle on the new artwork should have also been minimal however: "*BRAND NEW ARTWORK FROM DR*". They are gearing people up for disappointment, no matter what the outcome is.

Seeing how people bitch about these pieces as "too minimal", I would love to see their reactions to Plastikman.

if you mean aurally, i love plastikman. Consumed is one of my favorite electronic albums of all time, id probably put it in my top 10. I'm also a big fan of pan sonic, pxp, coh and snd, who are pretty fucking minimal. Its just that with autechre i've always come to expect a very strong amount of detail and intricacy to their works. Even untilted which feels very minimal in some ways, was still imo much more intricate and detail oriented of an album than quaristice.

and yes i agree that Autechre have given up and just grown tired of making such insane tracks people cant figure them out, the mystery is gone intentionally and now its just them having fun which seriously i can respect, but i can also put myself in the shoes of the complainers of the double whammy (visual/audio) minimalism.

Guest maddestmax
your avatar is terrible

yes. thank you.

i am funny that way.

They are gearing people up for disappointment

true. but in this digital world we just want so much now,

have short attention spans and everything seems so close to us.

its become very hard to give things time and space.

for example the way you can skip through music and video by clicking into the time bar.

i never used to do that with tracks or films.

if you mean aurally, i love plastikman. Consumed is one of my favorite electronic albums of all time, id probably put it in my top 10. I'm also a big fan of pan sonic, pxp, coh and snd, who are pretty fucking minimal. Its just that with autechre i've always come to expect a very strong amount of detail and intricacy to their works. Even untilted which feels very minimal in some ways, was still imo much more intricate and detail oriented of an album than quaristice.

and yes i agree that Autechre have given up and just grown tired of making such insane tracks people cant figure them out, the mystery is gone intentionally and now its just them having fun which seriously i can respect, but i can also put myself in the shoes of the complainers of the double whammy (visual/audio) minimalism.

I have the feeling that the breakcore scene snares spawned made both aphex and autechre tired of this breakcore / drill n bass music as lots of people have been jumping the bandwagon during the last years and taken away the freshness it had in the beginning

in this way you could say venetian snares had some (anti) influence on them

I have the feeling that the breakcore scene snares spawned made both aphex and autechre tired of this breakcore / drill n bass music as lots of people have been jumping the bandwagon during the last years and taken away the freshness it had in the beginning

in this way you could say venetian snares had some (anti) influence on them

i think breakcore was part of it, but i think overall it more to do with the influx of a million new 13-19 year old electronic music producers who download all the new warez and try to make a whole album in a 1 month period.

Guest maddestmax

Perlence range 7 is next up for tomorrow.

wonder what that will sound like. five out of the thirteen have perlence somewhere in the title and i must say that the original lp take of perlence is one of my favorite tracks of the whole new batch. I must say i really like this whole one track at a time thing. eating 140 min at once is just to much to compensate for me anyways.

Guest Rook

I am going to wait for the whole release I think before I give these a real listen.

Maybe.

I dunno.

Guest DavBrav
Also, I'm just going to say it. This is "The Plc" chopped and screwed. Which is an excellent idea for an artist such as Autechre who usually manage to fit so many ideas into such a short space of time.

I'm listening now and that's exactly what it is.

Just look at the title "ccc"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=triple+c%27s

Wow - great catch in the title! Sc-sc-sc-screwed up records.

Guest Kenneth172

Reading through all these posts, all I have to say is what a load of over-conceptualised over-analysed bullshit.

Guest Enter a new display name
im hoping for more total redux tracks like Blyz castl, i think thats my favorite 'alternate' version so far just by the very nature it sounds like a completely different track.

Yeah, seriously. I'm starting to think Blyz Castl is the best track Autechre has ever released this year so far.

Archived