IGNORED

new autechre may 19th

chaosmachine

Guest DavBrav
I mean ....logically.....they started with pirate radio broadcasts right ? pirate, so they would not mind having their music pirated on a website and what is easily given to you may also be taken away as easily ....ah fuck coffee

Fruitless endeavor there. The facts are, the release is available legally, and shortly will be (probably already is) available on torrents and slsk. Ae aren't going to starve because you downloaded their music, nor are they some fresh out the gate act that need to prove their commercial viability to stay afloat. It's just a personal decision of whether or not you think its worth it to pay for this music, simple as that.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name

I will wait until all those tracks are available into one bundle. Judging by what I heard on Bleep.com, I am quite satisfied with the different sound from The Plc off Quaristice.

Guest Tankakern
Addressing those "milking it" comments, I guess I'm just seeing this from a different light. Ae are significantly influenced by dub, a genre which is prone to "versioning" the same basic ideas (a bass line and a beat most often, with different effects / speeds / percussion applied) a number of times. I don't think this is a conscious decision by Ae or Warp to make money the easy way - it's more an illustration of how many different directions the ideas and themes from Quaristice can go.

i agree with this––but only in part. the whole milking it issue comes from ae themselves when they said that releasing their liveset would be milking it. i think with these versions of versions of versions there is no milk left. i just find it hugely disappointing that they could have released other material, like the liveset. lol. i like the first track released today though.

Guest CATS
pm plz

this

also, i dont see anything wrong with AE saying 'lets make a few extra bucks and get some of this extra stuff laying around released'. i think they did this consciously, to make a little extra cash and get the tunes to fans.

The idea of milking an album for all it's worth is hardly new, whether it be labels lifting several singles from it or producing multiple reiterations like this. Maybe people just aren't used to artists like Ae doing it. I'm not bothered, nobody forced me to pay for it.

The Plc ccc is OK, but hardly earth shattering. Still looking forward to the rest of this release all the same.

Guest Tankakern
pm plz

this

also, i dont see anything wrong with AE saying 'lets make a few extra bucks and get some of this extra stuff laying around released'. i think they did this consciously, to make a little extra cash and get the tunes to fans.

got to pay the rent somehow.

Guest AWATDOD

there seems to be much confusion!

if it helps anyone i remember reading a post on here about archive.org with a link to a quote from sean booth that explains pretty well why they don't want to release live sets.

Guest lenapiem

Here it is now, and happy to have this as first post. for a couple of hours now the Warpbot mail opened the new Ae work. Available in both mp3 and Flac (thanks for this), the first Opus is "The Plc ccc", and the way it's a hundred years light from the original make me impatient for the next productions. http://forum.watmm.com/style_emoticons/watmm/beer.gif

Great job once again, it's worth it

Guest Tankakern

Here it is now, and happy to have this as first post. for a couple of hours now the Warpbot mail opened the new Ae work. Available in both mp3 and Flac (thanks for this), the first Opus is "The Plc ccc", and the way it's a hundred years light from the original make me impatient for the next productions. http://forum.watmm.com/style_emoticons/watmm/beer.gif

Great job once again, it's worth it

i would be lost without your post. great debut.

Guest Enter a new display name

Did anybody read that e-mail message from Warpbot?

Here are the artworks for the 4 EPs:

aebundles_amended.gif

Quaristice.PPP9.ep.ae - 4 track bundle

Quaristice.9T9P.ep.ae - 4 track bundle

Quaristice.c9Pn.ep.ae - 4 track bundle

Quaristice.Subrange.ep.ae - single track

aebundles_amended.gif

oh my lol, this is art!

look at the grey making the contrast between black and white only just bearable

*boner*

Oh my lol.

Guest DavBrav
The Plc ccc sounds like somebody farting while falling down a long flight of stairs.

It shapes up a little after 6 or so minutes but that's a lot of farts and knocks on the steps to wait through.

My, how many times in the past month have people on this board resorted to "farting" to describe Ae sounds? Frankly, someone should record her/himself farting while falling down a flight of stairs.

I still prefer my description of chopped and screwwwwwwed.

I think its a great idea for ae to release this stuff and its NOT that expensive if you cant afford the $11 or so for the mini-subscription than how the fuck do you afford your internet line to dload it all on torrent?

I think Plc ccc isnt bad, not the greatest ever but definately a good first to get us excited about the rest.

Btw where is the TRACK BY TRACK Artwork they promised? it didnt come with the downloads and that album artwork posted earlier is not track-by-track

im hoping for more total redux tracks like Blyz castl, i think thats my favorite 'alternate' version so far just by the very nature it sounds like a completely different track.

thehauntingsoul:

warpbot said this in the mail today: "We are unable to tag our FLAC files with images however at the end of the 2 week period we will add a Zip file containing the track-by-track artwork from The Designers Republic."

I like the art, it's a nice concept and works well - what do you complainers want, oilpaintings?

something more representative of the music like the draft 7.30 artwork with the dozen or so included works. That would be better but i am still a fan of the simplistic geometric obscurity, and its a return to their old art style for albums like tri repetae and lp5, its nice.

Archived