IGNORED

new autechre may 19th

chaosmachine

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vodor

personally, i think the new stuff will sound like quaristice.

gosh, talking about the new release is fun!

Sorry guys, but I'm very pessimistic about it...:(

It can't be better than Quaristice...because otherwise it would be their official 2008 album.

I hope I'm wrong!

Guest Tankakern
personally, i think the new stuff will sound like quaristice.

gosh, talking about the new release is fun!

oh, has he been a bitch to you too?

After listening to quite a lot of Autechre for some time, I conclude that they are a hit and miss band for me mostly.

Now if you'll excuse me.

*runs*

They've got quite a few genius tracks though.

Guest Enter a new display name
Ya don't like amber!? Janey mack, that was the album that got me in to them, some frickin gems on that.

Amber has never impressed me either. :undecided:

Ya don't like amber!? Janey mack, that was the album that got me in to them, some frickin gems on that.

Amber has never impressed me either. :undecided:

goddamn relisted to nil

Guest dangulberry

this thread represents the end of fan message boards.

everyone has differing expectations about new releases. probably best to keep them to ourselves and not dispel whatever 'magic' is created by prerelease info/hype. there's only a few days to wait!

certainly I don't know who would have any interest in getting into an argument about how such expectations differ between people.

and I don't know how anyone could have such powerful feelings towards another set of quarisitce versions! I mean I'm looking forward to it, but I've learnt not to expect anything 'new' as such.

But each to their own. Excitement is a genuine emotion, whatever is the catalyst behind it.

Since Amber is proving to be more exciting than Quaristice v3.0 --

Go try listening to the album from track 8 through to the end. I always found the latter half of it was much more exciting. The first bit seems like (in retrospect) b-sides for tri-rep. =}

Guest jubes

preetty sure the new material is going to sound like 90101, rale, an like the autechre.ws 23-24 fev2008 broadcast at 5hours-42mins

i want 140mins of fol3/fol4 style noise!

Glue mic to stomach and record some of your bowel sounds. Add random panned white and pink noise and that's it. And ya...don't forget to add some quality reverb (like Lexicon pcm91:-)

But it's not that easy...

I like Fol3 & fol4 a lot!

man i'm super psyched for this release because i'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled on tuesday and i'm going to be high on painkillers for a few days with easily 140 minutes to spare several times over

Also didnt they say track-to-track artwork? that would be quite interesting indeed! Hopefully the Designer's republic actually tries to make some artwork that is representative of each piece instead of just random squares and geometry...

Archived