IGNORED

new autechre may 19th

chaosmachine

Guest maldoror

downloading the flac now... really looking forward to hearing it. i actually prefer the versions they've released on bleep to the "versions" on the "versions" bonus disc. so they've been working more with hardware interfaces (can't remember the name of the machine) this go round? i remember reading an interview around draft when sean said that since they wrote their own software to make the music, the "interface had become transparent" or something to that effect. guess they wanted a more hands-on approach?

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suscribed for the mp3 version of Quadrange and they give me perlence 6 36 in flac in my bleep orders.... weird stuff....

Guest maldoror
I suscribed for the mp3 version of Quadrange and they give me perlence 6 36 in flac in my bleep orders.... weird stuff....

so they did that for just the one track? weird. well, you saved a fraction of two bucks, so that's always a good thing.

speaking of which, i assume they charge more for the FLACs because they consume more bandwidth?

lol at everyone who was actually expecting the live tour. Probably won't be listening to this ambient track much, but a nice bonus for those who liked the Hafler trio collab. A little more variation would have been nice though...

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

subrange 6-36 is a waste of space and time, I think I'll never listen to it fully

Guest maldoror
i'll be happy if its an hour period, i'll be a little disappointed if it is just this for an hour but even then at least we didnt get 4 mins for the last track.

i'm at 11:30 now and it hasnt changed really

also can you only get the artwork if you bought the FLACs? if so someone PM me the zip when they get it

they're supposed to have a zip file for you to download with the artwork for the FLACs after the fact. they couldn't put the art in with the flacs for some reason.

I actually quite like the Hafler Trio collaboration (and his own stuff), but those fart sounds are a bit distracting, heheh. It'd be nice if the track actually slowly evolved rather than looped, but never mind. I had a feeling this long track would be something like this.

I actually quite like the Hafler Trio collaboration (and his own stuff), but those fart sounds are a bit distracting, heheh. It'd be nice if the track actually slowly evolved rather than looped, but never mind. I had a feeling this long track would be something like this.

wait so autechre seriously just release a long loop to fill the other 40 minutes of space? what a fucking cop out

Guest maddestmax

what the fuck with all the complaining?!

autechre hardly have released much ambient.

when they do they fucking deliver.

its pretty clear this kind of track would not have been released on cd or vinly.

but as an mp3 wheres the fucking problem?

if this was some rare, hard to aquire shit there wouldnt be all this bitching.

geez.

I agree it's disappointing but at the end of the day, they really don't owe us anything. I'm happy to have gotten the new material to create my own ideal Quaristice album.

Remember, people bitched about Analord too, but at the end of the day it was some great new material. I look at Quaristice the same way.

the problem was we were expecting 140 minutes of new material.

all said and done there is about 25 minutes of new material on quadrange.

SOOO disappointed with the last one, YES ambient is awesome but not when its just a fucking loop for one whole hour.

I have lost all respect for autechre after this release, they are officialy SELLOUTS

what the fuck with all the complaining?!

autechre hardly have released much ambient.

when they do they fucking deliver.

its pretty clear this kind of track would not have been released on cd or vinly.

but as an mp3 wheres the fucking problem?

if this was some rare, hard to aquire shit there wouldnt be all this bitching.

geez.

sorry forgot autechre was infallible to certain genres of fan boys

most of these quandrange tracks are deeply deeply disappointing for what Autechre is capable of.

this last ambient track sounds lazy as hell to me, if it sounds amazing to you you have every right to enjoy it and i have every right to sayits a pile of crap.

I agree it's disappointing but at the end of the day, they really don't owe us anything. I'm happy to have gotten the new material to create my own ideal Quaristice album.

Remember, people bitched about Analord too, but at the end of the day it was some great new material. I look at Quaristice the same way.

im happy but its kind of like a lack luster ill take anything i can get sort of happy.

who the fuck is actually going to buy the subrange bundle on its own?

jesus that is so irritating and its a fuckin rip off too considering more than half of the tracks on this album are long boring loops

im happy but its kind of like a lack luster ill take anything i can get sort of happy.

Yeah man, me too, me too. We're always hoping for another Confield or whatever but they are just doing their own thing, take it or leave it. If that's what they want to release, then so be it. Even though each release wasn't exactly my cup of tea, between all the bonus material I can put together my own Quaristice of killer tracks. Just consider it a very pricey customizable album.

*Admittedly the one aspect that did piss me off was that soundboard fan recordings were strictly prohibited if it's not getting a proper release, wtf! But we can't make them release the soundboard no matter how hard we try...

I am lolling at all the people who got their hopes up unrealistically high and are pissed at Autechre now. Swearing off their music forever because a release you had absolutely no obligation to buy didn't live up to your high standards? Get a fucking life dude.

Guest Tankakern

Yeah man, me too, me too. We're always hoping for another Confield or whatever but they are just doing their own thing, take it or leave it. If that's what they want to release, then so be it. Even though each release wasn't exactly my cup of tea, between all the bonus material I can put together my own Quaristice of killer tracks. Just consider it a very pricey customizable album.

*Admittedly the one aspect that did piss me off was that soundboard fan recordings were strictly prohibited if it's not getting a proper release, wtf! But we can't make them release the soundboard no matter how hard we try...

I am lolling at all the people who got their hopes up unrealistically high and are pissed at Autechre now. Swearing off their music forever because a release you had absolutely no obligation to buy didn't live up to your high standards? Get a fucking life dude.

What is "lolling". There's no need to use that abbreviation. Just type in laughing -- it just takes the same time. Yes people's lives were not as risk if they didn't buy this but people are entitled to their opinion. People complain or praise: this is what these boards are for. So stfu and stop complaining about people complaining.

Guest DavBrav

I for one think it's quite beautiful, and really awesome that Ae decided to stretch out such a lovely idea.

Guest AWATDOD
So stfu and stop complaining about people complaining.

No you stfu and stop complaining about people complaining about people complaining.

I for one think it's quite beautiful, and really awesome that Ae decided to stretch out such a lovely idea.

Cool dude, glad at least ONE person likes it. :ok:

I think it will make nice background/falling asleep music at the very least, which I can appreciate since I didn't get my hopes up.

I think the big reason I'm irritated is I bought the mini-subscription in advance so before I even had a chance to preview any of the tracks I had paid for mostly loops, slightly different arrangements of tracks and stuff.

That being said its not really that bad, I was just very angry with subrange 6-36.

I just read on warp that Autechre is releasing a new LP this year!!!! the album is titled 'tunnel' and it is a 2 hour long recording of a wind tunnel with no effects or anything.

Archived