IGNORED

new autechre may 19th

chaosmachine

this album is fantastic.

Chenc9-1dub is actually not that great IMO, its just like a speedy regular chenc9x but without that awesome second half.

90101-71-121 is awesome, although its a bit all over the place at times, still very cool

Perlence losid 2 is fantastic, its a perfect halfway between beat and ambient, and its definately a nice long intermission before the epic storm.

I'm thinking notwotwo is going to be a moderately lengthy bit but again an ambient piece so more of an intermission as well

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rook

This is cool. If you take it as what it is, just outtakes, I enjoy it. I am glad that they have not done this for other albums. I find myself rarely listening to Quaristice in full now because I like some of the alternate versions better.

Guest Tankakern
i dont think they could have made such a mistake on more than one website.

i think we have a treat coming

live set. if only...

Did anyone think that if it is 140 minutes, one of those last tracks just might be some version of the live set!?!?!?!?! Especially since the Perlence tracks, the 90101 tracks and even The Plc ccc all have same snare-ish sounds. I can see a 40+ minute piece that goes through tons of movements, not unlike the new sets.

Maybe....

was thinking the same thing. not necessarily a live recording from the tour, but more an extended "live in the studio" jam from where they made the edits for the quaristice/quadrange seperate tracks. this would be amazing, just so long as it didnt repeat all the tracks we have been downloading. i'd rather hear extended chunks of improvised dufferent stuff than a megamix of everything preceeding it.

i want 1 hour of autechre noise, ambience and glitching similar to the hafler trio collaborations except less minimal! i know they can do it!

It should arrive really soon on bleep then... I'm a bit pissed off they don't always put the track at the same time on bleep... At the beginning it was around 3pm, now it seems like it's 5pm...

Guest Jacck

notwotwo is appearing on the autechre.ws player, though it can't be played. (hm...) not on bleep yet though.

Notwonotwo is up on bleep, and it's 9'37

so that's 50 minutes left just for perlence 6-36, or 10mins if they indeed put 140minutes instead of 1h 40mins...

Notwonotwo is up on bleep, and it's 9'37

so that's 50 minutes left just for perlence 6-36, or 10mins if they indeed put 140minutes instead of 1h 40mins...

And what's it like? An extension of this ambient piece or a lot different?

And it will be / has to be 50 minutes for perlence 6-36... else it's no use to release it as one seperate itunes ep.. it would not make sense. And also they really can't promise 140 minutes on three sites for so long without correcting the error, if there was an error of course. No one is that stupid! :-)

Also I paid €13.50 for 140 minutes, so I need 140 minutes! :-)

I completly agree with you my dear Fredd-E, it wouldn't be on a separate ep if it was only a 10min track, and that wouldn't have let the 140 minutes thing on so many sites (including warp and bleep) for two weeks if that was a mistake...

Now Notwonotwo is really an expansion of the original quaristice track, you can tell that the first 5'34min are not different (on first listen) and then it's a really great ambient expansion, I can't tell you anything more, since my english vocabulary is not that great to describe music, but it's really a great expansion of an already amazing track.

Awesome! This would have been such a better end than the last track on Quaristice. With all these different versions I feel inspired to make my ideal Quaristice album now.

Hi, I'm new here, been lurking for a while. A big Autechre fan. :)

However,

Is anyone not that keen on any of this new stuff? I'm pretty surprised at all the praise, to be honest. I wasn't that keen on Quaristice, but Simmm is such an incredible track that it saved it for me. All these new reworks just bore me to tears though. They just sound pretty tame and wanky. I'm a massive fan of Confield, Dratt, and Untilted, but all this new material just sounds lazy, meandering, and half baked.

Sorry to be so negative on a first post, but I was just wondering if there was something wrong with me or if anyone shared my feelings. :)

Sorry to be so negative on a first post, but I was just wondering if there was something wrong with me or if anyone shared my feelings. :)

No we all love Dratt as much as you do.

And not all of these new tracks are long tame "boring" tracks...

PS: Read the rules.

Guest Jacck

you're not listening to them. :angry:

but yes, i'm also an avid fan of Dratt.

Guest vodor

However,

Is anyone not that keen on any of this new stuff? I'm pretty surprised at all the praise, to be honest. I wasn't that keen on Quaristice, but Simmm is such an incredible track that it saved it for me. All these new reworks just bore me to tears though. They just sound pretty tame and wanky. I'm a massive fan of Confield, Dratt, and Untilted, but all this new material just sounds lazy, meandering, and half baked.

i see where you're coming from. there are plenty of negative opinions round here; i don't think you're alone!

i'm not really wowed by quadrange, but it's fun. they're fun tracks. it certainly doesn't compare to any of the proper releases, including quaristice. it's kinda boring. fun though!

Guest DavBrav

"notwotwo" is quite nice. Now lord only knows what "Perlence subrange 6-36" holds in store...

In keeping with the hyperbole of this thread, they owe fanboys nothing less than a supernatural being which can satisfy everyone's desires. A musical equivalent of biblical manna, if you will. And hey, if it doesn't total up to 140 minutes, we can at least look forward to some hilarious "oh no Autechre how could you not do exactly what I wanted?!" posts.

However,

It's funny....there is a lot of the new material that i dig, but i do kinda get what you mean about some out it being meandering. Tankakern and Rale start off fantastic, but they don't really seem to evolve......it's almost like they have a basic core amount of elements to a track, you hear them all in the first minute, and then you hear them rearrange and fucked around with for another 3-4 mins. They don't really try to bring anything new in to the track. Having said all of this, there have been tracks that I LOVE. Altibzz is probably in my autechre top 10 now. IO is the bomb. Notwo, Paralel Suns, Perlence Suns and the start of Simmm are all fantastic.

But listening to extended versions, i am pretty surprised as to what seems to count as "a difference" to the tracks. That second track off Quadrange was pretty unnecessary. Chenc9 let me down a bit.

But I think the main thing that gets me is listening to fantastic stuff in their live set and not hearing it on albums. When I compare something like Fwze to the whomper electro hip-hop opening of their live set I'm kinda bamboozled.....really, if they opened an album with that track it'd blow my head clean off, i'd be thinking "jesus, that's a weird way for an ae album to start, but it frickin rules!".....if they had a track like the kinda minimal techno-ish part about 12-13 mins in where they drop in that 4/4 beat i'd be stunned....and i'd get really excited, and i'd probably listen to the album religiously. And if they were mixed in with tracks like Fol4 and Altibzz, it'd probably be my favourite autechre album. I was reading an interview with them there recently where they were talking about "steels" and how it really contains some crazy techniques that they won't go in to. But.....it's a pretty crap "track". "Bnc Castl" is a track that i can't find a fitting time to listen to....I kinda get this really frustrated feeling with the quaristice tracks that JUST as the track seems like it is gonna go somewhere really cool, it falls flat on it's face and leaves you feeling a little robbed.

Either way, i love the fact that autechre seem to be brutally honest and genuine with what they release, and i hope they continue on to release music. I think what jars me about quaristice mainly is how there are so many tracks and when you go to view it as a whole it kinda hard to get a complete picture of it, especially when there are a good few tracks seem to finish before anything really interesting happened with them.

And welcome to the forum btw.

Guest maldoror
But I think the main thing that gets me is listening to fantastic stuff in their live set and not hearing it on albums.

amen to that. i've managed to get downloads of the shows i've seen (started back on the Confield Tour, then Untilted and Quaristice) and plenty of others, and it amazes me that they'd never put out professional releases of these (some of the recordings are pretty good quality, i think a few are soundboard). the material they did on the confield tour just sounded so angry, i really don't think they've ever captured anything quite like it on record (well, maybe a few tracks here and there). the opening sections of both the Untilted tour and the Quaristice tour surprised me as well with the fact that they actually locked into a pretty solid groove for about 5 minutes... there are obviously other highlights in their live set, but sometimes I'm like "okay guys, we KNOW you can get a groove going, let's here some of that".

I really like some of the remixes they've released better than the versions on the "actual album," which isn't saying i dislike the new album, because i don't. i've been listening to autechre for quite a while now, and am really glad to see them not repeating themselves. of course, there are those who could say that releasing an hour of "random" noise every few years is a form of repeating themselves, but autechre albums, i think, require around 6 listens before i really "get it" (the later material, that is).

Guest vodor
But.....it's a pretty crap "track".

steels is friggan awesome. one of my favorites on the album.

Guest maddestmax

notwotwo just completly fucked my up on laptop speakers and without smoking thc. god damn.

Archived