IGNORED

Rate Your Lunch™

Joyrex

AMERICANS ARE GREAT. AMERICANS ARE THE BEST AT EVERYTHING. ESPECIALLY FOOD, AMERICAN FOOD IS BLIMMIN FANTASTICO.

that's out of the way now.

just talk about your fucking lunch otherwise this thread will become really shit, like other food threads.

lol what's eating you?

edit: i had italian ham n cheese sandwich. and a twix.

shite/100

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i like american style breakfasts, pancakes and syrup and all that sort of thing instead of brown sauce. its kinda sickly, and you cant eat a big portion, but its pretty nice i think. obviously it cant beat a straight up full english with a bit of brown.

little chefs american breakfast used to be wicked

It's more this side of American breakfasts I don't really dig. The whole sweet aspect. You don't seem to get that in England so much (I'm discounting cereals and the like here). I'm sure your sausages etc are pretty good.

To be honest I can't really stomach breakfast in the mornings in general, so I have an overriding memory of trying to eat this incredibly sweet meal first thing in the day. Not good

Guest serpico009
Motherfuckers is gonna make me bust out some biscuits and gravy eh?

brown gravy, or the white stuff with little sausage bits and crumbs in there?

Guest Deep Fried Everything
AMERICANS ARE GREAT. AMERICANS ARE THE BEST AT EVERYTHING. ESPECIALLY FOOD, AMERICAN FOOD IS BLIMMIN FANTASTICO.

that's out of the way now.

just talk about your fucking lunch otherwise this thread will become really shit, like other food threads.

if someone says "Americans can't do breakfast for shit" i feel justified in responding, just as if someone said "the British can't cook roasts for shit" i'm sure that would incite just the same reaction on the other "side."

lunch today... hmmmmmmm, think i might keep it simple with soup, and probably fruit of some sort, probably a pear. btw, eating big lunches is ok, but i think a big problem that people run into is they eat a large lunch, and ignore the fact that their body still isn't hungry when dinner rolls around and still eat a mammoth dinner on top. i know i do that sometimes, but it's a mental block i try to break.

I might just go for another bowl of müsli (already had one and I rate it 4/5)

Dinner tonight will be scrambled eggs, bread, dried ham, tomatoes... Damn, I'm all out of tomato pesto

mmmmm and i'm not trying to incite anything in this wonderful food thread, so let's all be at peace...

favorite lunch? i make this great loaf of meat (some call it a meatloaf) all spiced to hell with sweet onions, peppers, cumin, etc etc, , and for leftovers slop some dijon mustard onto a good bread, white, wheat, multi-grain, doesnt matter... with a slice of loaf and chow.

mmmmmm, also love Fage yogurt, the really fatty stuff, no skimping here.

as tauboo has said

this is not a trans atlantic food fight

this is a lunch review

heh heh, you know in America they actually eat lunch at a different time from us here in the uk, due to the time difference.

LOL! crazy.

Eating any form of meat for breakfast is totally unnecessary in my opinion.

I've limited my meat intake to one meal a day, and i only buy from the local farm produce from the local butcher.

It's my way of offsetting the horrendous amount of electricity i must waste making acid in my bedroom :ok:

You may call me CAPTAIN ENVIRONMENT

Thread derailment duly noted

For a good, inexpensive lunch on a weekend I like to get some pretty cheap noodles. Cooking these (with an Oxo cube, salt + pepper and maybe a few birdseye chilis if I'm feeling adventurous) is great if you pimp it out. I like to fry off some red onions, cherry tomatoes, salami (or other cold meats), peppers, courgettes, mushrooms, olives etc, and combine with a nice cheese on top (perhaps a smoked one). Served with some lightly toasted tiger bread, or a crusty bap or two, lovely stuff.

:mellow:

fuck.

anyway, i had another slice of pizza. it was chewy rubbish.

edit: now i'm eating toast with black pepper cream-pate with various types of lettuce, and some seasoned plum-cherry tomatoes. it's aight. oh and some munster

Guest placidburp

Hi I'm newish!

I had a Tuna/Mayo Sandwich and tomato and herb pasta from a packet(just add water and a wee nob of butter and heat in a pan for 10 mins.)! it Was very nice. Though the Pint of Bulmers Cider im drinking to wash it down is much betterer. A little eye opener before work. :D

Since it's 10:30 am I'm going to just pretend I'm having lunch right now. In front of me I have an open-faced pulled pork sandwich with tangy memphis style BBQ sauce, melted jack cheese, and pickled spicy cabbage, with a side of fried okra, buttered corn bread, and a bowl of chicken tortilla soup. Also to my left is a plate of sliced avocado, juiced with lime and sprinkled with cracked sea salt. I have a tall frosty mug of IBC root beer to my right. A giant, fresh, warm, soft chocolate chip cookie awaits me once I've finished the meal.

Since it's 10:30 am I'm going to just pretend I'm having lunch right now. In front of me I have an open-faced pulled pork sandwich with tangy memphis style BBQ sauce, melted jack cheese, and pickled spicy cabbage, with a side of fried okra, buttered corn bread, and a bowl of chicken tortilla soup. Also to my left is a plate of sliced avocado, juiced with lime and sprinkled with cracked sea salt. I have a tall frosty mug of IBC root beer to my right. A giant, fresh, warm, soft chocolate chip cookie awaits me once I've finished the meal.

see That's what i'm talking about... that is a big ass lunch, could you seriously eat all of that? i'd really have to stuff myself to be able to even think about eating all of it.

Goddamn, that sounds great! A bit too much food, though.

Today is Tuesday. Tuesday mean's Treebeard's Meatloaf with Mashed New Potatoes, and Steamed Green Beans with Mushrooms.

Then again, I always get that, so perhaps I'll try something different today. Will report back later with my results.

see That's what i'm talking about... that is a big ass lunch, could you seriously eat all of that? i'd really have to stuff myself to be able to even think about eating all of it.

*sings star spangled banner*

Archived