IGNORED

What are you expecting for BoC's next release?

Guest Enter a new display name

Nice thoughts. I think the tracklisting is quite good, until the very end of the album where it goes haywire. If they had swapped McQuarie ridge for Farewell Fire I think it would have been so much better. Farewell Fire is a dud, and McQuarie ridge is just a good send off tune

BoC said in an interview that they intentionally put two 'quiet' tracks (compound eye and farewell fire) to close out the album for stylistic reasons, despite the fact that it initially seems somewhat counter-intuitive to do so ... something about how the campfire has died down and it's night/eerie/dark, i forget precisely how they put it

am i a twat 4 not liking oscar see through redeye and chromakey dreamcoat. They suck old mans balls

oscar see through red eye is my least favourite on TCH. kills the congruency of the album IMO.

Yep, I agree. I never understood how when OSTRE and SAI were leaked prior to the album release, most people preferred OSTRE. It doesn't kill anything for me, but I usually feel like skipping OSTRE and Hey Saturday Sun to get to Slow this bird down and tears.

Nice thoughts. I think the tracklisting is quite good, until the very end of the album where it goes haywire. If they had swapped McQuarie ridge for Farewell Fire I think it would have been so much better. Farewell Fire is a dud, and McQuarie ridge is just a good send off tune

BoC said in an interview that they intentionally put two 'quiet' tracks (compound eye and farewell fire) to close out the album for stylistic reasons, despite the fact that it initially seems somewhat counter-intuitive to do so ... something about how the campfire has died down and it's night/eerie/dark, i forget precisely how they put it

Just because they had a reason doesn't mean it was a good one. I think this would be a great idea if the album up until that point had been so emotionally intense and draining that the listener needed a respite. But really I think BoC just have difficulty ending their albums well, Happy Cycling was a great send off but not intended as the last track AFAIK. Magic Window was a misguided idea, and Corsair feels about as wimpy as Farewell Fire to me. They could have ended Geogaddi with You Could Feel the Sky (great name, decent track), and TCH with Tears, and I think they would have been stronger albums.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Yggdrasil

Oscar See Through Redeye is a great standalone track...suberb detail and production. I do agree that it would have fit better in a different context outside of TCH, though (judging from "Skyliner", OSTRE seems like it would have been a good Trans-Canada tune).

Farewell Fire is a brilliant way to end the album, IMO. Actually had a vision while listening to it for the first time that led to a wedding between two close friends (no drugs involved, don't worry).

Here's a scary thought - Beck gets the brothers to convert to Scientology. They have a fondness for cults, after all...

(shivers)

beck's a scientologist?

i love dayvan cowboy and also been getting into a lot of anticon stuff recently so really looking forward to the remix too.

i hope they go over all prog for the new album (sorry that was supposed to be ironic, but they are getting closer with each album..........)

Guest Bored of Canada

i miss the claustrophobia of geogaddi...the sense of doom

tch is good but it seems very open (for lack of a better word); there's more space, less of a dream-like quality

I hope trans-can revisits some of those darker areas.

but hey it's boc. I'd gladly listen to the boys doing laundry

Guest chromakey_dreamcoat
how come you all come from canada?

:excl:

What are you talking about? This board is rather full of british dudes.

Archived