IGNORED

AE gets taken out of Grammy ads

Bob Dylan

That's dispicable! Sure, it's not a very big thing but that's effectively altering Yorke's preference/freedom of speech. That massive Vose In has been taken out. Wankers.

Autechre gets removed from Yorke's right chest in favor of David Bowie! Scott Walker shoved off Yorke's left shoulder to make way for the Rolling Stones!

PRICKS

Thom Yorke probably wants to be a bit more secretive about his love for Autechre, lest his fans find out who he's been ripping off this whole time.

Thom Yorke probably wants to be a bit more secretive about his love for Autechre, lest his fans find out who he's been ripping off this whole time.

if you think radiohead is ripping off autechre i don't think we are listening to the same bands.

i have pretty much all of ae releases and most radiohead.

Guest themutableone

Why do you people keep saying autechre was taken out? The were not taken out, simply moved.

EDIT: Technically they were "taken out", but that doesn't mean they aren't still there. More than once too.

if you think radiohead is ripping off autechre i don't think we are listening to the same bands.

i have pretty much all of ae releases and most radiohead.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like radiohead quite a bit. But over the last several years they've been trying their hand at electronic music and they generally tend to do a pretty shit job of it (the gloaming? wtf). And they do make a pretty big deal about citing autechre (and afx) as influences. I can see how they're sort of trying. For example, the beginning of 15-step sounds pretty ae-wannabe to me. Old ae, at least. They're unlikely to catch up.

Guest bitroast

heh. if thom had it his way probably be full of awhole lot of stuff that people havent really heard of... and dubstep. i'm not saying he has some amazing ecentric taste in music, and i know he actually really does like autechre and modeselektor and such, but i can imagine the list looking awhole lot different if he actually had it his way.

Why do you people keep saying autechre was taken out? The were not taken out, simply moved.

EDIT: Technically they were "taken out", but that doesn't mean they aren't still there. More than once too.

read the rules

I MUTE THEE!

Guest bitroast
On the official site he's currently bigging up the Harmonic 313 and Leila albums.

yeah yeah. ignore the grammys poster and just look at these lists to see what thom likes (random playlists he posts every now and then)

'Ghost Town' by the Specials

'Dirtbox' by Harmonic 313 from When Machines Exceed Human Intelligence

'Homeless (Quarta 330 rmx)' by Cardopusher

'Little Acorns' by Leila Feat. Khemal & Thaon Richardson from Blood, Looms And Blooms

'Hotta' by T.O.K.

'Goodnight Georgie' by Clinic from Internal Wrangler

'Caution Me' by The Chap from Mega Breakfast

'Mad Again (Jokers Of The Scene - Trancehall Mix) by South Rakkas Crew from Mad Again (Drop The Lime / Fake Blood Mixes)

'I'll Be Seeing You' by Billie Holiday

'Impossible Bouquet' by No Age from Nouns

1. Robert Wyatt Stay Tuned

2. Matmos Les Folies Françaises

3. Darkstar Need You

4. Kwaidan Hoichi < kwaidan

5. Four tet Ringer < Ringer Ep

6. Public Enemy Night of the living baseheads

7. The Sight Below At first touch

8. Nina Simone I put a spell on you < feeling good

9. Aaron Martin & Machinefabriek Cello Recycling < cello recycling

10. Plastikman Ping Pong < Closer

1. One Ting (Dabrye Remix) >King Midas Sound >Cool Out (Dabrye / Flying Lotus Remix)

2. Serious Times (Truth & Soul Vocal Version) >Gyptian >These Are Some Serious Times

3. Indian Thick Jawns feat. P.E.A.C.E >Diplo >Florida

4. The_Dark_Side_Of_The_Sun_2000_And_One_Remix_>Modeselektor

5. Pathwayz >Digital Mystikz

6. Double Checked > Sascha Funke

7. Bad Boy Lick A New Shot >Ninjaman, Bounty Killer, Beenie Man and Ninja Ford

8. Ick Muss Aus Dit Millieu Heraus >Paul Kalkbrenner

9. harrowdown logic jump rmx

10. Air (Featuring Doom) >Dabrye >Two/Three

11. Angels And Demons At Play >Sun Ra

12. Press The Trigger >Poison Chang >Rumble In The Jungle

13. South Rakkas Crew Remix >The Bug >Poison Dart

14. Encoded Flow (Featuring Kadence) >Dabrye >Two/Three