IGNORED

More Ulililia Updates

Joyrex

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

:O

he says the reason he listens to video music at different speeds was because he used to do it on his talkboy!! lololol :)

• 3 weeks later...
#11 From pizza rolls to deep dish minis - fast: I hate having to eat, really, I do. Combined with degreasing, it takes me 2 1/4 hours to eat one of my main pizzas. Pizza rolls are even worse at about 2 hours for only half as much. It's just too much time and takes motive away. Hamburger Helper is faster, but almost always requires milk, of which I don't get too much of. Snacks aren't too reliable and Macaroni isn't too tasty unless I use the combination method of Hamburger Helper and Macaroni. Upon trying some of those deep dish mini pizzas, of which are just 5.5 or 5.6 ounces each, I knew they'd answer the speed solution. I tend to have much more of these than I do the others, even the regular pizzas, simply because they're twice as fast but still just as filling. It only takes 70 minutes (as opposed to almost 140) to eat 5 of them, though I usually do 4 instead. I'm now focusing much more toward these than regular pizzas and they have other added benefits. The "pizza thing" as I call it doesn't have to be washed since these cook in the microwave in under 2 minutes - I can just wait for ad sessions and cook it during the entire "spamming session" as I often call them (I often think that the station is getting spammed.). Essentially, they're even better than pizza rolls since I don't need a plate. I put the minis on a quad-folded paper towel (for degreasing, a shortcut I found) and heat them in the microwave. I can have these things at any time without having to bother with waiting to get the "pizza thing" washed, a plate washed, or a pan washed (the latter is for Hamburger Helper, if I have milk for it).

Even though I don't drive and I have very good vision (500 to 600 dpi), even I can't see the road due to the glare. This doesn't happen with the standard headlights.

:laughing:

I can just wait for ad sessions and cook it during the entire "spamming session" as I often call them (I often think that the station is getting spammed.).

:wub:

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

I didn't know he was on eBay.

#13 Very tempted to get an SNES off Ebay, even though I have one: This seems weird. I have a working SNES, so why would get another one off Ebay? One reason: I haven't seen it in almost 6 years now! I have no idea where it is. Sure my room is a mess, but the SNES has been missing since before I moved to my current room and oddly, it was never found here. I do recall getting screenshots of Super Mario World and a bug I found, but that was about the last I saw of it. It's been missing ever since. The other reasons are as follows, in order of most important to least important:

1. First off, there's the original Bubsy that I've got a few thousand hours of play on that's also available. I've been tempted to see what the SNES version looks and especially sounds like. I've heard that the Genesis has weak/deteriorated sound and the SNES doesn't. I've love to hear OWTLI, my most listened to song of all with an estimated 1,000,000 to 1,300,000 plays (yes, over a million - that's two consecutive years' worth, most of which obtained during the first 5 to 7 years of having the game), spanning the almost 15 years I've had the game. I'd also love to hear Desert Zone, which as roughly 350,000 to 650,000 plays, the second-most listened to song of all (that's one year of consecutive play, spread out in the same way as OWTLI only about half as often. I'd also like to see if some of the bugs present in the Genesis version are also present in the SNES version as well. I don't know what differences there are, but by playing both, I'll get a sense of this. I'd also like to see if I have a better chance of getting those 32 px/fr speeds, unlike the Genesis version which has faulty collision at times. This towers over everything in terms of the effect it has toward my temptations, more so then the others combined.

2. I want a video of a few bugs I know of in Super Mario World. There's one that I have screenshots of from the 2002 or 2003 times, but these screenshots are full of static because of the defective TV tuner I had. I would really like to record videos of this and other things.

3. There's also FF6 (known as FF3 on the system). Sure I have the PSX version, but the PSX version suffers major frame rate problems (which is odd in that a system about 4 or so times more powerful than the SNES is unable to draw 10 32x32-pixel sprites whereas the SNES can) and I'd love to see how meteor looks at true speed. Meteor is my top favorite effect of all FF games that I've at least seen. The PSX plays it at half speed due to the frame rate problems.

4. Lastly, there's Mario, a generalization. The NES/SNES style Mario has all but vanished, at least that I've seen. Super Mario Sunshine kind of doesn't count, but it's the only known Mario game on the Gamecube. I don't know what the other systems have for that generation or the current generation (likely the Wii, a system I don't want due solely to the controller).

That's a quite a few reasons and you can see how my temptations are getting so high. It's that first one that's really doing it because it has such a strong effect. I haven't gotten one yet, however, but it seems like I may, with 95% certainty, get one within the next 3 months.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

"Woke up at 1:59 PM and went to bed at 3:19 AM"

Are we sure Ulilillilia is not in college?

some politics in this update, havent seen that before

#24 If I were to donate money, I'd put it...: Let's say I won a sweepstakes, but there were strings attached. I won $250 and was to donate 20% of that (which is $50). The guidelines state that the donation can go to whatever charity or the related I wanted, as long as it was donated, otherwise, I don't get any of the money. Above all, I'd put that $50 toward the environment and to fight global warming, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it. $50 toward the environment, in the long run, is like $200 toward Red Cross (and that's without inflation) or even $1000 for a coastal metro area. I get this for one reason. With continued global warming due to things like CO2 (carbon dioxide) and CH4 (methane), deforestation, etc., the polar ice caps and Antarctica's ice sheets would melt and raise sea level. It's already happening and it seems to be getting worse. With sea level rise, coastal cities, where most live, will frequently be flooded (or even be permanently flooded and cost a huge amount. With flooded cities, the residents would have to move elsewhere and it would cause chaos all over. If Katrina was bad, think about it happening along every coastline around the entire planet. While $50 toward environmental protection may not seem like much at first, it'll amount to a few hundred in the long run. What about the Red Cross? With a lot of climate refugees, they'll easily get overwhelmed. I, thus, would think that tackling the global warming issue should be next to the top for priorities, almost tied with that of fixing the economy.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Iain C
"Woke up at 1:59 PM and went to bed at 3:19 AM"

Are we sure Ulilillilia is not in college?

Ulillillia sleeps to a progressive schedule, he has de facto 26 hour days so his time is out of sync with the rest of the world's.

ulillillia is very, very messed up. if you read the 'fears' on his website it's quite clear he doesn't live in reality and needs help with several serious issues. Things he currently is unable to do are:

walking up and down stairs normally

irrational fear of mirrors

unable to say the words "people" and "person"

can't use regular chairs

can't use silverware

is autistic or has some other serious mental problem

http://www.ulillillia.us/aboutme/majorfears.shtml

"#12 Bathroom troubles - parents + mirror: Years ago, the main bathroom was rebuilt. It was in great need of it - the floor was weak and you could almost fall through it, especially in the areas near the toilet. As kids, me and my sister occasionally and deliberately flooded the bathroom. Then, around 6 years ago or so, my parents rebuilt the bathroom, including the floor. They rearranged everything. They got this one big mirror and placed it so that it was directly in front of the toilet. I warned them not to put it there, but they refused. I knew that later on down the road, arguments about it would occur and I'd keep saying "unblock it first" when they tell me to use it instead of the master bedroom's bathroom. This continued on for years, but usually only two to four incidents per year and nothing major. Then, along came July for 2008.

I got into a heated argument over it, the worst of all that I can recall. These actually continued for 2 or 3 days, longer than ever before. I began using my tricks to sort of "sneak it in" and this went for only 2 days. As I frequently had in my mind drifts (not my mind game), I often stated of the parents having three options. The first was to simply get rid of the mirror. It'd be the easiest and most trouble-free. The second would be to move it, as a recommended. The third would be to do nothing but let me use the then-current bathroom I was using. After getting into trouble over this, I, literally, avoided going to the bathroom. I drank a lot less than usual and I ate a lot less. At one point during the argument, I had thoughts of actually busting the mirror and I've busted many before that have blocked access to important areas (including the phone). The parents put curtains over it as an attempt, but that's nowhere near good enough."

it's almost a form of abuse/neglect that his parents aren't getting him therapy and help he desperately needs. maybe they are and he just doesn't write about it. they probably didn't know how to help him, tried various things and then gave up a long time ago, content with him living at home and playing videogames forever

Guest narkeworld
TriptoMNDuluthScenicRestStop11.jpg

i think i love him

he looks like the guy from the waltons

This picture reminds me of Aphex.

it's almost a form of abuse/neglect that his parents aren't getting him therapy and help he desperately needs. maybe they are and he just doesn't write about it. they probably didn't know how to help him, tried various things and then gave up a long time ago, content with him living at home and playing videogames forever

I emailed him a while back, he says he has seen quite a lot of doctors and has been diagnosed with OCD but never with autmism or aspergers. Despite the fact that he seems like classic Aspergers to a lot of people, word among those in the know seems to suggest that OCD is the correct diagnosis.

I dont think he gets regular therapy though. From reading his site I get the impression his family dont have a lot of spare money to spend on his care or treatment. I think they kindof understand him but they don't really understand computers so they miss a lot of his best moments.

Surely this guy might google his own name or other keywords that would tip him off to his WATMM fan base? I would shit if a YouTube showed up of him describing the board's obsession in his droll, nasal voice.

I think he looks at pages that refer to his site sometimes, but he is very averse to anything NSFW, and doesn't like signing up for new forums or sites. So he probably doesnt come here often.

Post that email - would love to see what he writes like outside of the site/forums.

Archived