IGNORED

Kind of disappointing when you play Augmatic Disport

Guest themutableone

Guest themutableone

It isn't surprising but its still lame. :cry: Oh well. She wasn't like "OMG WTF IS THIS MYEH" so its alright. She's still into the easy, more accessible Autechre. Will it ever click with her?

The thing about autechres music is its often very difficult to get into newer stuff before the older stuff.

Think of it this way: Autechre themselves needed to make that journey in order to get into the style they have now.

Personally I haaaated Untilted when I first heard it, around the time I got into ae. Its like the whole incremental change thing. Its easy to take baby steps, so go from the beginning and get her into the albums one by one.

If you love incunabula, you would prob like amber, if you love amber you prob like Tri Rep, so on and so forth.

You just need to slowly shift her perception of music if she isnt able to accept the really abstract stuff

one day she'll get it, I remember well the day that I first heard LCC and Iera and wanted to puke

Now I'll be honest, my first album was Incunabula and I proceded to buying Cichli Suite, Chiastic Slide, and Confield off iTunes. When I first heard it, I knew Confield was great but I also knew I needed to take some time with it.

Chiastic Slide blew me away the 3rd or 4th time i listened to it (after a couple months break)

Once I appreciated all those releases I downloaded Untilted and their other stuff. Still haven't gotten into listening to Quaristice yet

Step by step is a good idea I guess. I didn't like Untilted in the beginning either... though in my case, I don't think I was put off by the abstraction, I just didn't see through it so much so I thought it was nothing special. My first ae was draft and my initial thoughts on it were "pretty nice to play in the background while doing something", so I guess the same goes for this one. I wasn't bothered by it but I didn't really notice the fun that lies within the complexity or the complexity itself all that much... reinforces the theory that draft is easier and faster accessible than Untilted, and so on.

What kind of old ae is she into? Just the typical "girly" stuff like Bike etc or the whole of Amber and the likes?

Guest Enter a new display name
girls can't understand IDM. Fact.

If you were old enough (and intelligently located) to see Autechre in concert, you would be surprised. :angry:

Guest theSun

just because they whore themselves at ae shows doesn't mean girls understand the music.

the girls i saw at the toronto show all looked like they just crashed their slut train into the club and screamed about how drunk they were the whole time and how "omgsobassy!" the subs were. but it was dark in there, so i only saw the people around me.

It isn't surprising but its still lame. :cry: Oh well. She wasn't like "OMG WTF IS THIS MYEH" so its alright. She's still into the easy, more accessible Autechre. Will it ever click with her?

seems like a really bad choice for an AE track to play if you want to impress... well anybody who's into music electronic

or otherwise

until you get at least 1.5 minutes in, even to a normal autechre fan the beginning of the song sounds kind of amateurish

I've only met one other person who likes Autechre. Fucking Ontario.

Ontario FTW, I'm in Ottawa where are you at?

Sometimes Kingston, sometimes Toronto.

I was at the Toronto performance, and I guess there were a bunch of people there, but autechre should be filling up more than just a small club.

• 1 month later...
Guest Abuse

i've played augmatic disport to some people to impress them but they did not enjoy it. i think i've never met a person who likes autechre. 

and playing autechre to your girlfriend (or any girl) is very much like playing autechre to your cat or the dust bin.

I played it to my friend at full volume and he said he liked the bass at the end.

It reminded me of the time I played Lentic Catachresis to my other friend and he stared at the wall for the entire length of the track. When it finished I asked him how it was and he just said it was good.

Guest Pilcat
i've played augmatic disport to some people to impress them but they did not enjoy it. i think i've never met a person who likes autechre. 

and playing autechre to your girlfriend (or any girl) is very much like playing autechre to your cat or the dust bin.

the only guy i know who actively enjoys the musical stylings of brown & booth i met online about 6 years ago, we hang out every couple months. the only girl i know who likes them is insane.

and lol @ cat/dustbin

"you like that hat rush, eh, stripsey? eh?"

girls can't understand IDM. Fact.

If you were old enough (and intelligently located) to see Autechre in concert, you would be surprised. :angry:

been here for a few years and just returned with renewed interest. been back for a week or so. just realized that your avatar is the best thing.

Does it really matter whether or not someone likes Autechre? I personally think it's better to keep music like that to myself, unless I genuinely think someone will like them based off what they already listen to.

is guided by voices really that good? i used to listen to alien lanes alot but never liked it THAT much

Guest Caustic
Augmatic Disport has probably the most jarring intro to any Autechre song.

Gantz Graf

gantz graf's intro = the first few bars, but really quiet.

MYTH BUSTED.

Archived