IGNORED

Need some new headphones

thehauntingsoul

I posted this in the EKT gearbox but since hardly anyone goes in that forum anymore, I figured I'd post it here. Besides, you guys would probably have a pretty good handle on what kinda headphones are optimal for Autechre music.

I had skullcandy over-ear, and the sound quality was pretty decent, but the fucking plastic band is cheap as SHIT. It has broken in 3 places, and the most recent break (today) is one that is completely fatal.

What headphones do you guys use? I want to spend around $80 or so, I want decent quality, not for performing live or anything, just good quality headphones for listening to music. Needs to be over ear head-band style. I dont want earbuds or the clip ons.

I have Sony V600s. Not the best headphones I've ever used but I've been really happy with the quality for the cost. I think they're about $100.

Guest Joebot Kill
I have Sony V600s. Not the best headphones I've ever used but I've been really happy with the quality for the cost. I think they're about $100.

I use these: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD555-HD-...1089&sr=8-1

theyre fucking sweet. They dont do too great of a job of blocking out sound since theyre open ear headphones. but the quality is perfect. ive listened to LP5, Draft, Envane, and Chiastic Slide with them (as well as a bunch of other electronic stuff) and they sound fucking amazing. i never liked draft or chiastic slide until i heard it with these. i cant recomend them enough!

Guest JohnTqs

Sennheiser HD280 Pro

i'm listening right now and they're pretty fucking sweet, and only 100 dollars. as far i know the freq response is pretty flat which is good.

i got my 280s on right now, which i couldn't recommend more

but i would like someone who has tried these and one of the audiophile sennhiser phones to do a little compare and contrast so i can see if an audiophile phone like 555 hds would be worth the extra cash

280pros are really great, i get a little hot in them for whatever reason but very nice sound quality

i also have a pair of sennheiser px200 that are super lightweight and portable since the 280ps are like a space helmet

my shure in ear are very nice but i get uncomfortable wearing them for too long...does sound like the shit is in you skull though

280pros are really great, i get a little hot in them for whatever reason but very nice sound quality

i also have a pair of sennheiser px200 that are super lightweight and portable since the 280ps are like a space helmet

my shure in ear are very nice but i get uncomfortable wearing them for too long...does sound like the shit is in you skull though

dude the px 200s are ace

they're pretty durable too. once they were under my sweatshirt and i threw my science book on them (didn't know they were under there) and nothin happened

Guest spraaaa
i use these to listen to dub and reggae:

skullcandy-rasta_web_iso.jpg

well duh! lol. i used to have a pair of shoes that would match those. they had a weed symbol inside a velcro strap that went across the laces.

thirded or fourthed on the senn 280s!

Get this stupid fucking headphone topic out of this subforum. I dont know what was going on in your head when you decided to post that here, im guessing you got a little too excited or something, but that doesnt take away from the cringeworthyness of seeing that thread here.

Calm yourself down and really try and focus on what your doing while your here because this thread is an abomination.

Guest Joebot Kill
Get this stupid fucking headphone topic out of this subforum. I dont know what was going on in your head when you decided to post that here, im guessing you got a little too excited or something, but that doesnt take away from the cringeworthyness of seeing that thread here.

Calm yourself down and really try and focus on what your doing while your here because this thread is an abomination.

lol

Guest Deep Fried Everything

another nod for Senn HD280 Pro's

love 'em and they're really comfortable for being a big (relatively heavy) pair of cans.

Grado SR60's. Best sound for the price. I absolutely recommend them if you can dig an open-style headphone

I have the SR80's

they're awesome.

Guest Stoppit
Grado SR60's. Best sound for the price. I absolutely recommend them if you can dig an open-style headphone

I have the SR80's

they're awesome.

I've got the SR80's

And yes, they are awesome.

Sennheiser HD280 Pro

i'm listening right now and they're pretty fucking sweet, and only 100 dollars. as far i know the freq response is pretty flat which is good.

i too have HD280 pros and i would recommend them. mine are going on 3 1/2 years now with no problems.

i have these too and recommend them. my 280 pro cans are for home / work and the px200 are for the bus or somewhere i dont want to look like i have a giant black monkey holding onto my head.

Guest Deep Fried Everything
i have these too and recommend them. my 280 pro cans are for home / work and the px200 are for the bus or somewhere i dont want to look like i have a giant black monkey holding onto my head.

436e66cff0956.gif

Guest cuntlicker
...and another vote for the 280 pros.

i concur, very flat response, great for mixing.

they do look a lil funny once you put them on, they're a bit bulky.. or maybe i just have a huge head

What headphones do you guys use? I want to spend around $80 or so, I want decent quality, not for performing live or anything, just good quality headphones for listening to music. Needs to be over ear head-band style. I dont want earbuds or the clip ons.

yay its the monthly "help me buy headphones" thread :) Basically just answer yes/no to these 3 questions please :

For work?

For your house?

For outside?

Archived