IGNORED

Anyone else surprised that Grantz Graf is currently voted the top Autechre track at Warp20?

Guest texan whip

Anyone else surprised that Grantz Graf is currently voted the top Autechre track at Warp20?

Not in the fucking slightest because the compilation will have all the high profile tracks (ones that had accompanying music videos) so expect to see LFO - Freak, AFX - Windowlicker, Come On My Selecta, etc. Don't expect to see anything obscure on this album because the reality is that it isn't going to happen. Thats the way that record companies work. The tracks which have had a lot of exposure will be there with bells on. And if i'm wrong thehauntingsoul will eat his own shit.

Not in the fucking slightest because the compilation will have all the high profile tracks (ones that had accompanying music videos) so expect to see LFO - Freak, AFX - Windowlicker, Come On My Selecta, etc. Don't expect to see anything obscure on this album because the reality is that it isn't going to happen. Thats the way that record companies work. The tracks which have had a lot of exposure will be there with bells on. And if i'm wrong thehauntingsoul will eat his own shit.

Yeah this is basically what I meant.

Guest IRARI
i think gantz graf epitomizes autechre. excellent track and definitely a favourite of mine.

Guest Pirtek

Gantz Graf is first Autechre track I ever heard and my favourite. I'm glad!!! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Which is why I'm pleasantly suprised Drexiya is #20 instead of Gallo or !!!.

I would speculate that most of us look at AE's output as "albums" and that it is pretty hard to isolate tracks completely outside their context or that had exposure outside of them. There's only a couple of them... Pen Expers, Garbagemx36, Vletrmx21, Cichli, Surripere, Gantz, ...

• 3 weeks later...

gonna mix it up in here and ask - why is gantz graf the ONLY autechre song even coming close to the final top 10? it kinda struck me as odd. oh lemme guess, everyone was too busy to vote because they were busy posting about how confield is god's gift to the world (and it is)

its the song that most people know about autechre like windowlicker by aphex - does not have to be the best even so I really like it

Its gay how they picked the most mainstream tracks from all the artists.

Mainly because IDM iteself is just about as FAAAR away from mainstream as you can possibly get. Fuck the general public and their shitty opinions.

That said, gantz graf IS a FUCKING AWESOME track

Guest Aces
Its gay how they picked the most mainstream tracks from all the artists.

It was voted not picked.

lol no I just mean mainstream in the sense that with mainstream music, the 'chart toppers' are the tracks that are chosen as singles by the bands, MONTHS before they get any sort of feedback. When they choose the 'chart toppers' its more like the favourite songs BY the favourite artists, but not the fans favourite songs or anything like that.

In that sense, Gantz Graf is mainstream IDM

its the song that most people know about autechre like windowlicker by aphex - does not have to be the best even so I really like it

This is like a much more simplified version of what I have already said. Many other people have also said this aswell. I said it best though. I'd be interested to know if these thoughts are your own or you were influenced by the people who had already said it. Like an echo.

Archived