IGNORED

Anyone else surprised that Grantz Graf is currently voted the top Autechre track at Warp20?

Guest texan whip

Guest texan whip

How can this be considered the best thing they've ever done by their fans? maybe it's the video. I can see Windowlicker is similarly voted highly as well. Ok, I admit I like Autechres earlier more melodic output, but surely Grantz Graf isn't the best of their later glitchier stuff...Is it?! At least it's reassuring to see Eutow in second place.

Guest moo duck

yeah Granz Groof is such a shit don't tell. i had no vote, old internetta setup

and if i had i would go for fwzE - outstanding classics objectively. or perhaps with my own intimate choice of SonDEre-ix

Guest spraaaa

gantz graf is so fucking good!

no idea if moo duck is serious but fwze's my top played song of quaristice... in itunes anyway. fwze's like gantz graf for kids actually. :smiling:

It must be the because of the video. The results of the voting are a suprise all round, I think there's a lot of votes coming from indie fans who arent really into the stuff.

Guest extherium
It must be the because of the video. The results of the voting are a suprise all round, I think there's a lot of votes coming from indie fans who arent really into the stuff.

Kinda realised this when I saw Battles and Pivot were pretty high up (top 20).

Don't get me wrong, they're alright in their own regard, but clearly the result are skewed a little by the indie folk.

Guest Goum Le Chat
Don't get it at all, decent enough but far from one of my favorites, it's not even the best track on the ep (cap.IV). If I voted it'd probably be for Nuane, Drane, or Drane2

Well all tracks in this EP are good, but Cap.IV is just amazing. It makes my mind explode every time. This is what I prefer in Ae's work : a mix of complex structures and sounds with intense emotions.

Guest bitroast

the song on its own is quite good, but the song + the video are amazing. but yeah, doesn't really mean it should be voted so high because thats the song on its own people are voting for. damn indie hipsters ruining a perfectly fine warp compilatoin :P

Guest ComicMaster

I think Gantz Graf is a great track. While I don't think its their best, I think it perfectly represents the band and honestly that's the song that many get into Autechre with. I'm glad its up there.

Guest theSun

ae stuff is so diverse i could never just vote for my favorite track, nor could i think of one that gives a remotely complete picture of what they have done.

/fanboy

i don't quite understand why everyone is bitching - is anyone here actually going to buy this compilation?

also i wouldn't lump pivot in with indie. they're pretty much just idm with live guitars and drums these days.

Don't get it at all, decent enough but far from one of my favorites, it's not even the best track on the ep (cap.IV). If I voted it'd probably be for Nuane, Drane, or Drane2

I like Diane and Diane2 as well

Well...

it's certainly not a favourite of mine, but I'm not too surprised, because I think it does sort of do a really good job of representing their work.

First of all, it has an awesome and popular music video. The video is also the most obvious way of representing Autechre's music.

Secondly, it strikes a very good balance of glitchy and noisey and catchy and musical. Also, it's long enough to have Autechre's signature, slow, gradual progressions and song structure, but not so long that it'll bore people.

so basically what I'm saying is... it probably is the most likely to grab the attention of casual listeners, as well as get a few votes from hardcore fans.

Archived