IGNORED

who the fuck is lady gaga and where did she come from?!@

sinicalypse

hai guiz I hurd in Gaga's next video she was going to reenact the assassination of hiram abiff with three trannies posing as Jubela, Jubelo and Jubelum

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lube Saibot

there you have it. this has what lady gaga doesn't: melody

Like you can hear melody. :cisfor:

Can you say: "tone deaf"?

Bjork, Kate Bush, etc

remember when people like this topped of the charts

it was only about ten years ago rly

i have fond memories of it, the 90s is when the major record labels were trying very hard to invent and/or co-opt new scenes and it all came to a crashing hault once they all started whining about MP3 destroying them

i still think this is one of the best videos ever made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a1bfbk_yQU

and she is so very fuckable in this too

this is one of my favorite songs. the video is cool too, but the song... oh my, the lyrics are perfection and so is bjork's voice.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Bjork, Kate Bush, etc

remember when people like this topped of the charts

it was only about ten years ago rly

i have fond memories of it, the 90s is when the major record labels were trying very hard to invent and/or co-opt new scenes and it all came to a crashing hault once they all started whining about MP3 destroying them

i still think this is one of the best videos ever made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a1bfbk_yQU

and she is so very fuckable in this too

yeh its sad that art like that can't really survive as a prosperous mega success anymore.

That song/ is fucking amazing, reminds me of how insanely infatuated with Bjork I was, I almost wish I didn't listen to her jams so much. But watching that proved that I've taken a break from listen to Bjork so long her cuts feel fresh again.

lol I still kinda wish I was a bitch for the sole reason of being able to sing that passionately without being considered an emo'z (and so I could fondle my perky tits all day)

Yeah, Ms. Guðmundsdóttir is obviously quite a few levels above Gaga. I certainly wasn't trying to suggest otherwise.

Gaga is good mainstream trash; Bjork is good. "Good trash" vs. "good" might be a false dichotomy in some ways, but I don't think the two sets are terribly blurred in the instant case.

well say what you like about lady gaga but she creates a lot of column inches, and this thread has four pages in 50ppp view. she must be doing something right. "Good trash" vs. "good" is nonexistent in the eyes of the majority of the recordmusic-buying public. they just want a catchy hook, a novel video, etc.

they don't care what the intention was.

this is like the 3rd gaga thread we've had so far, she is not deserving.

For once I approve of a *cringe* music thread not being in the music forum.

That video was terrible. Somewhat interesting (minus the obvious weird for the sake of being weird shit) but it was all over as soon as she started singing and dancing. :facepalm:

lube i'm willing to get into an immense flamewar about melody and which one of us understands it more, right now, if you're willing. and if i win you leave me alone and say "your melodies are fantastic and unique." if you win i will never post my music on this board again.

clearly i'm overreacting, but hear me out. i don't mind if people don't like the things i make but to consistently tell me that i'm shit and to put me down does bother me. what you say to people does have an effect on them. telling me over and over that i'm shit is like making fun of a 10 year old for being small. i'm shit (i will admit that my melodies are incomprehensible to most people other than me and certain friends of mine that know me), but it's because i'm going up the ladder. i have a lot ahead of me, a lot of learning. but you should know to encourage art instead of making the artist feel bad and discouraging them! for real, positive energy. no joke, even on the internet. i don't generally take negative responses this seriously but the way you do it gets under my skin!!!!! which is definitely what you want, and you are succeeding, obviously.

so yes, i apologize to myself for making a fool on a message board and saying stupid shit. you needn't apologize, but please fuck off.

i am a serious man.

anyway

next time i'll just..not say anything back

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

bjork was overrated

very true

Indeed, but GaGa has NOTHING on Bjork.

Her (GaGa's) music and lyrics are shite and her image is a watered-down attempt at edginess.

I don't see the appeal.

To me, she isn't any different than Britney Spears or Chistina Aguilera... except for possibly being a little less talented.

*edit*

... she's also uglier.

she's like if you got madonna and grace jones and roisin murphy and gwen stefani and david bowie and mashed them all up in a blender and then watered it down to a 33% suspension of MadonnaJonesMurphyStefaniBowie particles in shitty pop music.

it is interesting to once again hear stuff we all know from IDMy sort of things filtering down into the mainstream, that bufferoverride effect sounds so tired to my ears at this point but i bet the itunes-downloading public will love it.

one thing is for sure: that bit where beyonce says motherfucker is hot.

When the Beyonce shit in that video drops, it makes clear the distinction between a person who has talent (Beyonce) and a person who has none (Lady Gaga).

Archived