IGNORED

Post Embarrassing Pics of Musicians You Like

triachus

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest margaret thatcher

bangalter-nohelmet.jpg

already kinda posted, but yeah. fucking hell. keep the helmet on.

also i always assumed basinski was an old bloke. dunno why.

square2.jpg

hey. I took that picture!

awesome! hope you don't mind me posting it in this thread :/. I just think he looks better with a lil bit of a mop.

Squarepusher is one of the most badass "electronic" acts i have ever witnessed.

also i always assumed basinski was an old bloke. dunno why.

he's 51 now

not young, but not really old

I always thought he was an old professor type guy but I saw a picture of him in the Wire and he had a ripped sex pistols vest, black shades and was smoking a rollie, looking like some old punk.

SOUND / IMAGE MISMATCH

(a potential series)

You know William Basinski, right?

Makes music using these twenty-year old tapes he did as a young man in the early Eighties, ambient drones and tape delay system type stuff a la Steve Reich or Eno.

Analogue tapes that have degraded and crumbled, which he reworks and processes but retains the decay,incorporating the passage of time into their aesthetic affect.

Results somewhere between Philip Jeck and The Caretaker.

Most famous being the Disintegration Loops series.

Others have titles like Melancholia, Silent Night, The Garden of Brokenness.

Sombre stuff. Meditative. Threshold of silence. Fading of the light.

That sort of thing.

I don't know if I ever really had a mental image of William Basinski... the impression you'd get from the music would perhaps be this crepuscular figure... possibly wearing a suit and tie... or looking old-timey like Michael Gira or Will Oldham...

I certainly wasn't expecting, when I opened the page of the new Wire to the Invisible Jukebox with Basinski, to see...

basinski1.jpg

It's sort of Peter Wolf of J Geils Band crossed with Rufus Wainright.

Here's another one.

basinski2.jpg

My thoughts completely.

points_boards_of_canada.jpg

they look like they rape joggers

rape joggers super LOL

lol+1:pedobear:

kettel206.jpg

wtf is the deal with kettel's weight gain? is he diabetic or something?

here he is before for comparison:

kettel.jpg

looks like a skinhead. can't believe that's the same guy that made redgrapes confiture lol

also lol @ swastika fail

I'm not so sure that Kettel's not into tweak or something because when he performed here last summer, he was nervous and twitchy as fuck beforehand--chugging water and running his hands through his hair and having some difficulty talking with people. Wild weight fluctuations are associated with long term abuse. Yet, his music doesn't say methamphetamine at all. He probably ain't but why not stir up "Sun" or "Enquirer" shit in the IDM world lol. I would care only because I would not want the habit to kill his abilities because, over the long term, he has been high in my top 5 electronic artists ever. His tracks can move me to tears in some cases no homo and no lie.

also cmputers make the ppl look like ET

Archived