IGNORED

Four Tet - There Is Love in You

Guest Ultravisitor

Anyone planning on seeing Four Tet on this tour that is happening soon? I think I just might. No. I will.

I wonder what he's like live. Probably more dancey, due to the recent music materials. Good opportunity for some molly ingestion and simultaneous musical enjoyment. :braindance:

Exactly! I'm going!

Thanks for your help. :cisfor:

he's amazing live. each time i've seen him he's cut everything up and rearanged his tunes to make them more suitable for "live"

this one time, he put a killer beat over spirit fingers and rinsed it out to a 15 minute track. and pulled it off so well. not many can do that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest beatfanatic

The album is pretty decent. Not sure about the replay value because I feel like some of the tracks do not evolve a whole lot and they tend to get boring after a while.

Four Tet's official website.

He's streaming the whole album from his site. Varius may have already posted this link but mcbpete might have mistakenly removed it for fear of it being unofficial (I'm only guessing). At any rate, fourtet.net is Kieran's real site and you can listen to There Is Love In You in its entirety there.

I like it much more than the Love Cry single had led me to believe I would.

He's streaming the whole album from his site. Varius may have already posted this link but mcbpete might have mistakenly removed it for fear of it being unofficial (I'm only guessing).

Yeah apologies for that I thought someone had cheekily set up a fake account, I've returned the link ....

I've just listened to the stream, it's pretty good but nothing really made it stand out for me. It was just the normal Four Tet fare of pretty twinkles and not particularly complex drum patterns - I dunno I just feel there needs to be just a little more going on, a little bit more intensity to the tracks maybe.

question, is any of it similar in vibe to his track "Hands"?

because I can get enough of that song making coffee in the morning.

It's more or less a continuation of the direction he took with Ringer, so don't expect anything like the folktronica of Pause or Rounds, but it's still has that warm four tet sound. Have a listen yourself, the whole album is streaming for free.

Yes this is excellent, a return to form after the last one. The vinyl is also a decent pressing, plus mp3s.

The XX album has just been repressed also. I mention this only as it is obligatory to refer to the XX, Hot Chip or Burial when talking about Four Tet, even though they sound nothing like each other.

Yes this is excellent, a return to form after the last one.

Which last one and where did you find it lacking? I don't know how either ringer or everything ecstatic could be considered a misstep

Yeah, I think I'm one of the 3 people that liked Ecstatic...

I liked this and Everything Ecstatic.. the last track on There Is Love in You is absolutely brilliant and probably the best cut on it. IMO, of course. Just as I bought Autechre for the first time this year, I may buy Four Tet for the first time too. Coincidentally, both released what I consider their best works in 2003.

Upon second listen, this time on 320k mp3s on a nice stereo, I am loving it even more the second time. I think that when I have the money, I will definitely buy this. If this doesn't become one of my favourite albums of the year, I will be very surprised.

Played this on my commute this morning. In the first half I thought it was ok but a little unimpressed, kind of minimal house-y (not that that's a bad thing). But it improved in the second half, turned out pretty smooth. It's definitely well done, we'll see if it grows into something average and boring or excellent.

Playing this again now, and I just really don't like the way this album starts. Angel Echoes feels like nothing more than an intro track to me, I just want to get past it...and then Love Cry so so damn long, trancy, and the repetitive vocal is just killing me. Enough already! I did enjoy the rest of album the last time, so I hope I do now too. But the first 13 minutes are just boring as shit to me.

On first impressions the first 3rd and last 3rd of the record seems very good indeed. The bit in the middle I thought was weak. I really like Love Cry which helps, seems not so much love round here for it though.