IGNORED

Climate Emails Stoke Debate

Squee

41 minutes ago, very honest said:

another chart that encapsulates the issue

1280px-Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png

you see the top right? how it's been stable for 7000 years? that's the stability that we are undoing. 

btw, meltwater pulse 1a: "global sea level rose between 16 meters (52 ft) and 25 meters (82 ft) in about 400–500 years"

kind of wild that there kind of was a biblical flood like 14,000 years ago.

that graph. ugh. 

getting mega heat week in the west and looks like we're going to have one of those summers here in the PNW like back in 2008ish when it was 107 and stayed above 100 for a week. there's already 2 fires burning. 

• Like 1

Today the record for the hottest June day in history might be broken in Finland. It might reach up to 33C (91.4F).

I don't have AC (like most Finns) but my apartment is almost in the basement with only one window to the shadowy courtyard so it doesn't heat up that much. Currently 27C (80.6F) indoors which is warm but still manageable. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, zkom said:

Today the record for the hottest June day in history might be broken in Finland. It might reach up to 33C (91.4F).

We currently have 29 °C/84.2 °F inside 27/80.6 outside, no A/C - but it's mostly concrete, asphalt and prefab buildings where I live, so the environment stores and releases heat.

Edited by dcom

not too hot here in eire

16 °C - 60.8 °F

sunny

they actually just upped the predictions and some places east of the cascade mtn range it might hit 120 degrees. 

gWFH4HD.jpg

we had a week similar to this in 2008 i think. i stayed in my basement w/the AC on. after about 6 months in this house i invested in central AC even though only need it about 30 days a year it's been worth it and i hope that little unit keeps chugging along and keeps my 'climate anxiety' at a minimum. 

5 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

CANT EVEN FUCK JERK OFF IN THIS WEATHER MY CUM JUST INSTANTLY EVAPORATES.

this shit doesnt even make sense.

Indicates some low humidity at least. Small favors.  Imagine a load that goes nowhere soaking your gut, just keeps soaking your hot gut. 

long teaser to this netflix doc. mostly it's about tipping points and how all the data fits together.. holocene vs anthropocene. 

you're all fucked. i'll likely die before all the collapsing happens. cancer silver lining. 

1 hour ago, KovalainenFanBoy said:

my only wish at this point is my parents are gone before shit truly hits the fan

yeah that's basically my feeling. and i mean i feel bad for people who have kids or plans for the future, but personally my whole life so far has mostly felt like a prelude to/anticipation of some kind of massive collapse. i wouldn't want to force that on the rest of the world but

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

orange alert for ireland first time ever for heat

over 30 celsius for the week in some places

20 degrees at night which is wild

• Sad 1