IGNORED

What sequencer did Richard use on Analord?

sinesurfin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

probably:

sh101

tb303

dr110

eml sequencer (think it's on the picture on the vinyl)

basically loads of on board sequencers and modular sequencers

i think, what you're truly looking for is the argon megastation

But how is a 707 going to sync with a 303 while in sync with a modular? Surely there was some MIDI used at some point...

The 707 does din and midi sync at the same time.

edit: it does have a little lcd screen though.

yeah maybe he meant computer monitor screen

So do you think there was MIDI or not? Or just strictly CV/Gate DIN and things like these maybe?

csq600s.jpg

yeah the Analord-10 I reckon that was def done in software, I think Fenix Funk 5 all the sounds in that were sampled with a Fenix.. the drums everything...amazing track.

Guest Fat Roland

Kit list:

KRS1

Roland Orzabel

L7

Alesi (Jean)

Spatula 11"

BH-90210

YYUR YYUB ICUR YY4ME

GoingLive 081 811 8181

Casio Fukbomb

So do you think there was MIDI or not? Or just strictly CV/Gate DIN and things like these maybe?

csq600s.jpg

yeah the Analord-10 I reckon that was def done in software, I think Fenix Funk 5 all the sounds in that were sampled with a Fenix.. the drums everything...amazing track.

But that sequencer is digital right?

Regarding the drums, there's some 909 in there, sampled drum hits, hand claps and shit.

Don't reckon the bassline that kicks in at 2 minutes is fenix, or the pads that fade in soon after. Dunno if the ooh sounding patch is? FM harpsichord definitely is i reckon.

Fenix funk is defo not all fenix though

Fucking incredible track anyway.

The synth line that comes in at around 20 seconds is great, so vocal sounding. Talking synth!

Guest Lube Saibot

Kit list:

KRS1

Roland Orzabel

L7

Alesi (Jean)

Spatula 11"

BH-90210

YYUR YYUB ICUR YY4ME

GoingLive 081 811 8181

Casio Fukbomb

All of these go on the top of my wishlist. :emotawesomepm9:

I always thought the oooh sound was a sampled voice into a lofi sampler like the ski-1 and maybe tweaked in something better. Sounds human

I had a girlfriend who was convinced the vox at around 1½ was saying "i've got a big dick.." all i hear now.

latronic notron sequencer:

138451d1254543634-sequencers-electronic-producers-full-list-notron-01.jpg

roland mc4 sequencer:

roland_mc4-1.jpg

sequentix p3:

400px-P3_completed.jpg

future retro revolution:

future-retro-revolution.jpg

roland tr-707:

TR-707.jpg

electrocomp eml401 sequencer:

eml-400_eml401.jpg

+

loads of other weird shit no one has heard of or is home made.

my guess is that he used hardware sequencers like above due to their rock solid timing, recorded loads of random phrases and motifs on thoses expensive reel-to-reels, recorded the tapes to high res digital, edited and arranged what sounded good on logic then perhaps recorded some more bits to finish the tracks

either way thers a hell of a lot of painstaking work and i wont be surpprised if we get odd litttle analord tracks popping up again in the near future andi reckon he passes the odd samplebank to other rephlex artists too

my guess is that he used hardware sequencers like above due to their rock solid timing, recorded loads of random phrases and motifs on thoses expensive reel-to-reels, recorded the tapes to high res digital, edited and arranged what sounded good on logic then perhaps recorded some more bits to finish the tracks

on most of analord? nahh

live trax like the classic detroit techno methods drexciya style

the arguments was to do it pure analogue recording like steve albini cos digital recording is not artistic

drexciya recorded straight to tape live with no overdubs afaik

ppl always go "analogue synth" but really those synths usually have digital parts as well basically cos analogue and digial = electronics

i dunno why analogue recording gets ignored as part of this whole culture change. imo thats missing the point

i didnt see afx makin the trax but i did chat online 2 him b4 analord came out

i was arguing for analogue recordign in p-mu and lobby chatroom and iw as gonna do it like albini style, pure straight to tape but i couldnt afford reel to reel and i was going on about doing it on cassette like ceephax and the same methods as the classic acid pplz and put it straight to vinyl. then one bloke recommends to me nakamichi tape machines cos they have 3 heads then i decide cos i hate stereo im gonna do it in mono by nakamichi then put it to vinyl with a free cd in a nice box packaging like shellac/old soul records/drukqss box set. the point is to do pure analogue recording then transfer that to 180 gram high quality vinyl with no stupid computers getting in the way. whatever afx done in his studio is up to him not me but i reckon if youre messing about in record factories trying to get the perfect vinyl, then there is not much point if you send analogue recorded trax through a computer first and destroyign everything with a bunch of shit 0s and 1s.

the arguments was to do it pure analogue recording like steve albini cos digital recording is not artistic

drexciya recorded straight to tape live with no overdubs afaik

ppl always go "analogue synth" but really those synths usually have digital parts as well basically cos analogue and digial = electronics

i dunno why analogue recording gets ignored as part of this whole culture change. imo thats missing the point

i didnt see afx makin the trax but i did chat online 2 him b4 analord came out

i was arguing for analogue recordign in p-mu and lobby chatroom and iw as gonna do it like albini style, pure straight to tape but i couldnt afford reel to reel and i was going on about doing it on cassette like ceephax and the same methods as the classic acid pplz and put it straight to vinyl. then one bloke recommends to me nakamichi tape machines cos they have 3 heads then i decide cos i hate stereo im gonna do it in mono by nakamichi then put it to vinyl with a free cd in a nice box packaging like shellac/old soul records/drukqss box set. the point is to do pure analogue recording then transfer that to 180 gram high quality vinyl with no stupid computers getting in the way. whatever afx done in his studio is up to him not me but i reckon if youre messing about in record factories trying to get the perfect vinyl, then there is not much point if you send analogue recorded trax through a computer first and destroyign everything with a bunch of shit 0s and 1s.

i dont think youll destroy the sound of analogue tape too much if you record it using 96khz 24bit

there are some simpler tracks on analord that i think were done straight from din synced hardware especially with the tempo drops and sudden stops but the more polished complex stuff has to have be arranged in the digital realm at some point methinks

the tuss sounds just as analogue and chunky as analord does it not?

Archived