IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

well, this is a grower for me. more so than draft or untilted ever was.

so far ilanders is amazing, but then they get really weird after that.

i need some rest.

This is SO fucking acheingly beautiful, its ridiculous

Unbelievable. This vinyl set will be a crown jewel in my household. It IS undeniably beautiful. Sounds nothing like anything I've ever heard. I'm not done listening yet, but not a single moment of this has let me down. Period.

Unbelievable. This vinyl set will be a crown jewel in my household. It IS undeniably beautiful. Sounds nothing like anything I've ever heard. I'm not done listening yet, but not a single moment of this has let me down. Period.

Don't plan on it doing so either. @_@

not a single moment of this has let me down. Period.

You're so right.

The replay value on this is through the fucking roof. I wouldnt even know how they could top this. When I got down listening to Quaristice for the first time, I was "meh!" With this, I am absolutely dumbfounded... Its so simple and yet so on another level entirely.

i wouldn't ever have expected physical modeling strings, especially plucked stuff like the guitar in the track after ilanders. a lot of it reminds me of Maphive 6.1

it's weird and cheesy and totally gay in a good way.

Edited by Guest

Guest MastaN8

For me that track after ilanders sounds just like Coil-Remote Viewer (the high squealy bit) and the other parts sound like something between Horse rotovator and LSD

Edited by MastaN8

So, I found this randomly searching a couple hours ago, and posted a link. Nobody seems surprised, so where did all of you hear it? Just curious...

shortly after the radio transmission ended, user parteE posted a link. i'd really like to know where that came from, and why at that point in time.

not a single moment of this has let me down. Period.

You're so right.

The replay value on this is through the fucking roof. I wouldnt even know how they could top this. When I got down listening to Quaristice for the first time, I was "meh!" With this, I am absolutely dumbfounded... Its so simple and yet so on another level entirely.

It's their best work as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes you can just tell that you're going to be able to play an album forever. I hate to gush here, but it's true. I don't think I'll ever tire of this one.

So, I found this randomly searching a couple hours ago, and posted a link. Nobody seems surprised, so where did all of you hear it? Just curious...

shortly after the radio transmission ended, user parteE posted a link. i'd really like to know where that came from, and why at that point in time.

What radio transmission? Did they play the Album?

What radio transmission? Did they play the Album?

a German radio station played two tracks.. see on see and ilanders… their show went until 5am cet, shortly thereafter the leak happened

I'm listening again

It's 1:50 in the morning here, and I have to wake up at 5:30 am for work. FUCK!!! There's no WAY that I'm turning this off. Shut off all the lights, play it again, and hope to somehow fall to sleep. I've done Jack shit all day, and it has to leak now??

Just finished listening on headphones.... very nice, though I'm not quite as sold as most of you seem to be - it might take a few more listens for that. Favorites (I think...) were r ess, ilanders, d-sho qub & Yuop

yeah this sounds very exciting... i'm gonna wait until it arrives but i'm really glad that everyone's so into it. i love that feeling of listening to something and knowing it's going to be one of your all time favourite albums.

And this certainly will be.

I have a leaked track from a while ago that has really wonky drums and some kind of cello. is this in the latest leak?

possibly. there are really cheesy pm strings in there

Edited by Guest

I have a leaked track from a while ago that has really wonky drums and some kind of cello. is this in the latest leak?

possibly. there are really cheesy mp strings in there

Yeah, imagine Fermium off of Untilted and Simmm off of Quaristice carving out the territory this album exists in, while giving a nod to the melodies in Lp5.

Total, unapologetic and absolutely necessary cheese.