IGNORED

Drexciya

splesh

I've got digital copies of Harnessed the Storm, Neptune's Lair and Grava 4. But I need more, dammit. and I need to buy as many of their albums as I can. :emotawesomepm9: They are awesome.

Any other fans here? Recommendations for similar things, as well?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any project involving Gerald Donald or James Stinson is worth checking out. Dopplereffekt, Der Zyklus, Arpanet, Lab Rat XL, Glass Domain etc. etc.

All I've wanted to listen to for the last week or so is Drexicya stuff. I think I'm actually becoming a bit obsessed with them. I don't know is it about their music; it's technically simple for the most part, but their melodies are SO deadly. Their whole mythology and tracktitles are so good as well, listening to The Lonely Journey Of The Comet Bopp right now and it's IMMENSE. Normally the idea of an aquatic race finding utopia through space travel would seem absurd, but with Drexciya it's cool as fuck because the concept isn't spelt out at all. All the ideas are there in the most minimal implied form and it's up to you to interpret that and take it from there.

Drexciya, fuck yeah

My first stab at Drexciya was with the quest, and while I like it, I still haven't fallen in love with it yet. Just tracked down neptune's lair last week and digging this far more, really funky album, great concept.

Archived