IGNORED

Sesame Street

mcbpete

I picked up the Family Of God debut album on which the track, also called Family Of God, BoC ripped for From One Source All Things Depend. Exactly identical kids talking about God but longer and with a different backing track.

They either lifted it or both took it from the same source, which i doubt. It's 2 cd's of psychedelic folktronica, a combination of Julian Cope, Syd Barrett and downtempo grooves, and could have influenced their career path. Shit, they even look the same as a two piece with beanies!

Worth checking out if you're into weird shit.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up the Family Of God debut album on which the track, also called Family Of God, BoC ripped for From One Source All Things Depend. Exactly identical kids talking about God but longer and with a different backing track.

They either lifted it or both took it from the same source, which i doubt. It's 2 cd's of psychedelic folktronica, a combination of Julian Cope, Syd Barrett and downtempo grooves, and could have influenced their career path. Shit, they even look the same as a two piece with beanies!

Worth checking out if you're into weird shit.

from one source both things were sampled :facepalm:

• 3 weeks later...

These have been posted before, right?

Orange

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHAtrnbu8ts

Yeah that's right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy0amFkHlzM

YES! Excellent! Funny thing is, I recall those on Sesame Street, but never thought about the BoC connection until seeing them again, after all these years.

cool thread!

one thing that caught my attention is that BOC seem to have recreated the 'very important thought' sample. they've added the word "censorship" and changed 'the same people who would stop you from viewing an adult film' to "the same people who would stop you from listening to Boards of Canada".

maybe i'm total jazz about this. but it's intresting.

Guest JohnTqs

cool thread!

one thing that caught my attention is that BOC seem to have recreated the 'very important thought' sample. they've added the word "censorship" and changed 'the same people who would stop you from viewing an adult film' to "the same people who would stop you from listening to Boards of Canada".

i don't think they "changed" it, i think it's a new recording of a different girl.

cool thread!

i don't think they "changed" it, i think it's a new recording of a different girl.

yeah that's what i meant by 'recreated'. changed the words for a new recording

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

cool thread!

yeah that's what i meant by 'recreated'. changed the words for a new recording

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhAOFIEJR0k

i did not notice that John Abercrombie's "Timeless" is playing there in the background of the original until today.

edit: and the Timeless guitar figure sounds very much like the "Stephen J. Cannell" inspired outro to Everything You Do Is a Balloon".. :emotawesomepm9:

I think for a lot of their "samples" they actually recreate the original sound so they can easily change elements if so desired. I seem to remember reading that the bass in Aquarius is a case of that.

Anyone else dig this clip as a kid? I used to get this song stuck in my head for years into adulthood and was delighted to find it on YouTube all these years later. Love all those "wind up" sounds.

Creepy toys, robots and satellites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Rhm7kp-tk

Wish I knew who masterminded this one. Sorry it's not used in a BoC track.

But back on topic, remind me again why they can get away with using Sesame Street samples? Or are they paying...?

Guest viscosity

never knew they sampled so much from sesame streets, that's awesome

anyone know NFB stuff that BOC might have used??

My friend started freaking out when I played these clips. I didn't even tell him it was coming but they were all just so instantly recognizable . . .

I wish I had more than one real life friend who liked BoC

I think for a lot of their "samples" they actually recreate the original sound so they can easily change elements if so desired. I seem to remember reading that the bass in Aquarius is a case of that.

only for the album version of Aquarius, the original version was indeed sampled.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

only for the album version of Aquarius, the original version was indeed sampled.

and the orange and i love you clips? stop acting the expert.

Archived