IGNORED

Karl Pilkington

Boxing Day

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure how far this character of his goes in what he is like in real life but I have to say I can feel him. You know, how he works things out and thinks in his own way and is completely ignorant of some facts. Listening to the podcasts I felt really connected to him in a lot of ways. I was in his awkward position when people were asking themselves can this really be true, is he really like that.

Karl Pilkington.

Can anyone see me (as much as you know of me from watmm) being a bit like him?

Nabbed from another forum but I wonder if them labelling it a comedy-drama is damage limitation when it turns out that most of it isn't actually funny ("but aahhhh, you see maybe it's not meant to be funny, yeah ?")

Nabbed from another forum but I wonder if them labelling it a comedy-drama is damage limitation when it turns out that most of it isn't actually funny ("but aahhhh, you see maybe it's not meant to be funny, yeah ?")

*insider high five*

Rather than listen to the podcasts I'd recommend checking out the old XFM shows they use to do together. It's funny seeing Karl barely speaking in his role of producer at the start then slowly being encouraged to get involved as they begin to work out the comedy genius that is his brain.

This is probably my favourite of the lot although it may get taken down soon, how they had a live radio show in London still surprises me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdQPWC6hRzU&feature=channel&list=UL

Rather than listen to the podcasts I'd recommend checking out the old XFM shows they use to do together. It's funny seeing Karl barely speaking in his role of producer at the start then slowly being encouraged to get involved as they begin to work out the comedy genius that is his brain.

This is probably my favourite of the lot although it may get taken down soon, how they had a live radio show in London still surprises me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdQPWC6hRzU&feature=channel&list=UL

I agree, the XFM shows are where it's at. Karl's games are amazing. They're also slightly less mean to him, and more self-deprecating which is always funny.

I'm slowly in the process of re-organising and re-encoding them so I can play them on my iPod :)

Derek was kind of depressing (but very sweet) its worth just for the Karl bits, he was not even acting "what's the point of being 85, your knees are gone, your hearing i gone, what the point" classic Karl. That being said, as a one-off episode is worthless, i don't the the point of this other than to watch Karl.

Derek was kind of depressing (but very sweet) its worth just for the Karl bits, he was not even acting "what's the point of being 85, your knees are gone, your hearing i gone, what the point" classic Karl. That being said, as a one-off episode is worthless, i don't the the point of this other than to watch Karl.

ricky doesn't either

i like karl pilkington, i despise ricky gervais. something about his smug idiotic grin and repeating what karl says in a stupid voice as if thats humour worthy of anything after being 8 years of age does my fucking tits in. i actually want to hurt him, and im an extremely peaceful person.

that said, i did like extras.

Guest Gary C

I watched 5 minutes last night and I just didn't get it. It wasn't funny. It was intriguing enough for me to try, but it was just so flat.

I don't like Gervais though, so.

Guest bitroast

for a pilot, i thought Derek was actually pretty good.

it had highs and lows. a fair few stinker moments, but it has potential:)

no subtitles yet :(

There are in english

for a pilot, i thought Derek was actually pretty good.

it had highs and lows. a fair few stinker moments, but it has potential:)

Yeah it was entertaining but I got mixed feelings about it

• 2 weeks later...

Archived