Pick the champion!  

148 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• immortal jellyfish
    • Large Hadron Collider

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i still don't understand how gravity didn't win. one force we know basically nothing about.. but it acts on everything! it's the shit!

anyways, my vote's for the jellies.

even the movie Alien is better than jellyfish, and that movie was fucking retarded.

you obviously missed the going back in time to have sex thread

even the movie Alien is better than jellyfish, and that movie was fucking retarded.

you obviously missed the going back in time to have sex thread

i also missed the part in that movie where the defenseless and tiny cat gets killed by a monstrous unstoppable killing machine known as a Xenomorph because that would be the most logical thi....oh shit wait that DIDNT HAPPEN.

Alien-4/10

Guest futuregirlfriend

And that's the beauty of it!Where is the awe to be found in a speck that becomes whale poo 99,999,999,999 cases out of 100,000,000,000? Hmmmm?What does whale poo even look like?! Whale poo is more IDM than Immortal Jellyfish.

http://vodpod.com/watch/1173939-rare-footage-of-whale-pooping

i take this link back. it's a shark. have this instead

i voted for jellyfish because of your mom

Lumpy, how could you?!

anyone with half a brain knows that my mother is the sexiest jellyfish the world has ever seen.

i still don't understand how gravity didn't win. one force we know basically nothing about.. but it acts on everything! it's the shit!

so you wanted gravity to win, but not the mechanism by which we may be able to understand it?

The LHC potentially overpromises, is constantly late with results, and most people have already forgotten about it. How is that not completely IDM?

Seriously, might as well hand CERN over to RDJ and BOC.

:braindance:

The LHC potentially overpromises, is constantly late with results, and most people have already forgotten about it. How is that not completely IDM?

Seriously, might as well hand CERN over to RDJ and BOC.

IRL LOL.

Also, oh shit at vote counts right now. D:

:braindance:

wtf WATMM?! jellyfish, who are really just plankton, are fucking tied with the LHC. i blame the ability to change your vote and the general stupidity of the watmm noobs. for shame. WATMM adds another disappointment in the string of things that suck with WATMM.

so you wanted gravity to win, but not the mechanism by which we may be able to understand it?

exactly. this is exhibit A on how dumb the average WATMMer is. they have no clue what the LHC really is and what it does, so they vote for jellyfish, thinking of bioluminescent jellyfish in the deep sea when in fact they are voting for some plankton.

exactly. this is exhibit A on how dumb the average WATMMer is. they have no clue what the LHC really is and what it does, so they vote for jellyfish, thinking of bioluminescent jellyfish in the deep sea when in fact they are voting for some plankton.

i know you're having a good old laugh as you rub yourself off and fall asleep, but i must say i know what the LHC does. i also know that, since it came online, the LHC hasn't run any tests near full power. i also know that there haven't been any discoveries made as a result of the LHC (even though it's sure to be a help in the future). i also know that there are OTHER FUCKING PARTICLE COLLIDERS IN THE WORLD, albeit of lesser stature. while i chose to focus on computer science, i've taken a pretty damn rigorous selection of physics courses, so please SHUT THE FUCK UP and quit your patronizing. i can talk general relativity all damned day (yes, general not special). something tells me you might not be able to? i'll admit i'm not extremely well versed in the amorphous field of quantum physics/mechanics, but i know more than enough to know what we're looking for. sorry i'm not sucking on the teat of the LHC... valuing an experimental apparatus more highly than the very VERY important force we are trying to explore with it doesn't really make much sense. i'm much more impressed by the cosmos than by the telescope with which we explore it.

my apologies if i've made myself out to be an ass (i'm really not so egotistical), but your intense douchebaggery has gotten my panties in a bunch.

OH, by the way.... i voted for immortal jellies because they're IMMORTAL, not bioluminsecent. the idea that something could live forever (perhaps eternally drowning in its own anguish) is pretty fucking idm.

edit: *takes deep breath and resumes life*

double edit: azatoth i don't really have anything against you, just the words you wrote on the last page. let's make up and be friends. no sense in crying over internet bullshit. but sometimes its fun.

bigs, change your vote to the LHC and i will rub myself to sleep happily. since you are familiar with physics and all that then how can you not cast your vote to the LHC, the biggest science experiment ever. what's with the "results now, or it's all useless" mindset. good science takes patience.

Archived