IGNORED

The Future Sound Of London - Environments 3

purlieu

Enhanced/remixed old tracks + a hefty slice of new material. May/June on FSOLDigital, CD to follow.

env3.jpg

A Glitch In Cellular Memory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdL1OI51c28

The Oldest Lady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-h3ml7tj24

Out Of Sync Child

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al6f6q-A9d8

+ 15 more tracks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they're churning out new old material at such a pace it's impossible to keep up and i wonder if there is even any quality control.

i'd like for them to release a totally new FSOL album sooner rather than later.

are they like an ambient group? never heard of them...

lol :facepalm:

you must be joking, right?

welcome to the internets. please browse our brochure of 'taking shit seriously' before you embark on your magical journey.

They (Brian Douglass and George Codbainn) make music like Aphex Twins' Outside Kickass Solo tracks, though with a bit more EuroTrance elements.

Guest margaret thatcher

i haven't even heard environments yet...

it's a bit hard to keep up with their archive releases without shelling out loads of money...

You can get From The Archives Vol.1-5 on CD for 40 quid new from the boys themselves - http://www.yage.co.uk/1-2-3-music-store/process.php?pname=ShowAlbumDetailsProcess-Start&CategoryID=1&AlbumID=94 (though less if you buy the download versions).

But yeah they've sure released a lot over the last 3 or so years - off the top of my head there's From The Archives 1-5, Zeebox 1-3, Enviroments 1-3, The Woodlands of Old, A Gigantic Globular Burst Of Antistatic, Four Forests, not to mention all the Electronic Brain Storms and ISDN Transmissions and other stuff that escapes me.

It's all brills though :biggrin:

no I'm not joking, I've not heard of them.. the electronic scene here in Montreal is pretty much nonexistant and I only joined this forum a few months ago which is the only source of electronic news and info that I have - :boc:

no I'm not joking, I've not heard of them.. the electronic scene here in Montreal is pretty much nonexistant and I only joined this forum a few months ago which is the only source of electronic news and info that I have - :boc:

you should quit and listen to rush!!!

Guest Apeofnaples

LIFE FORMS is a great place to start, but for my money TALES FROM EPHIDRINA under their Amorphous Androgynous moniker is the best thing they've done.

LIFE FORMS is a great place to start, but for my money TALES FROM EPHIDRINA under their Amorphous Androgynous moniker is the best thing they've done.

i always liked ISDN the best

and I'm a Dead Cities man, my what a tangled web we weave.

Lifeforms, ISDN, and Dead Cities are the holy FSOL trilogy for me, but all of their albums have great tracks on them

the only ones i recommend avoiding are Isness and whatever the successor album was....good moments, but on the whole nothing incredibly memorable.

also, Environments 2 is highly, highly recommended...very reminiscent of Lifeforms...much better than the first volume IMHO

Guest Hanratty

i always liked ISDN the best

and I'm a Dead Cities man, my what a tangled web we weave.

i always had a grudge against Dead Cities because of the cheesy album cover that reminds me of MJ Thriller. I should give it another shot.

I think of myself as a casual FSOL listener, basically if you have Lifeforms, ISDN and Dead Cities you have their essential albums as far as I can tell.

I probably should get Tales from Ephidrena tho...

But those three are the holy trinity. Essential to any electronic music fan.

I really really liked Environments 2 (probably my second favourite after Dead Cities) although I haven't actually bought it yet. I haven't heard any of the Archive albums but I'd quite like to. I think one day I'll just splurge out and buy all of them at once.

Environments 3 is sounding promising...

From the Archives volume 1 to 4 - worth checking out?

definitely worth checking out but i would go with the top releases that the others suggested first.

starting with any of these would really be a fine introduction.

Lifeforms

Tales From Ephidrina (Amorphous Androgynous)

ISDN

Dead Cities

Future Sound Of London

Archived