IGNORED

Autechre tour Australia May 27-29 2010

djimbe

Guest sense

great re cording of the gig , its just like im there again :D

cheers

aesome

Can you please reupload anywhere that's decent?

get it form the torrent site mang.. its right here in this thread where i got it , had to register to EZ torrents no biggie , it just seems to have high quality melbourne and sydney gigs there.

and incidentally the autechre set.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheers

aesome

get it form the torrent site mang.. its right here in this thread where i got it , had to register to EZ torrents no biggie , it just seems to have high quality melbourne and sydney gigs there.

I tried but BitComet isn't showing any seeds at all. :(

Guest sense

cheers

aesome

I tried but BitComet isn't showing any seeds at all. :(

uploading.com   -- http://tinyurl.com/22stot6

easy-share.com  -- http://tinyurl.com/2ckhacf

filefactory.com -- http://tinyurl.com/32o4g43

see above :D

Guest victorian sewer rituals

Well its incredible. Quiet recording so you have to blast it and equalize for treble but jeeeeez its good. I've got it blasting at my place with some friends over and one of em yelled out 'why are they fucking up so much?!'. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest sense

Well its incredible. Quiet recording so you have to blast it and equalize for treble but jeeeeez its good. I've got it blasting at my place with some friends over and one of em yelled out 'why are they fucking up so much?!'. :emotawesomepm9:

thats how they do :D

Guest Greg Reason

That was a really strange experience. Got a really decent recording in 48/24 . . .I think I will upload it to Archive.org

The recording is absolutely beautiful, thanks for that.

If you want me to I'd be happy to give it a bit of EQ to clean it up a touch, a tiny bit of compression to give it a little more body and I can re-up in flac.

Guest thrones

thanks for recording and sharing the melbourne show.

Im the biggest douche in the world for not going to this gig. Found out about two days before the show but i was working sat..why the hell didnt i just annual leave it!!!!!!!!!! argh. oh thats right...sick of going to gigs alone. and then regret it later..keep forgetting its all about the music man..

Guest Greg Reason

K I've done a remaster, I was able to make it a lot more present sounding and make the tops a little more crisp but I decided not to use any limiting. I did use some subtle compression to fill it out a little but I wanted to keep it fairly open sounding so I didn't belt it to 0db.

I'm just rendering now, will upload as soon as they're done but I'm going to keep em in 24bit/48kHz so it will take a long time to get em online!! I'll post links through as soon as they're up tho.

K I've done a remaster, I was able to make it a lot more present sounding and make the tops a little more crisp but I decided not to use any limiting. I did use some subtle compression to fill it out a little but I wanted to keep it fairly open sounding so I didn't belt it to 0db.

I'm just rendering now, will upload as soon as they're done but I'm going to keep em in 24bit/48kHz so it will take a long time to get em online!! I'll post links through as soon as they're up tho.

Thanks Greg. Is it possible to also get one big seamless file, as opposed to 4 like in the original upload?

No idea why you want to compress or otherwise tweak it - the sound on this is fantastic. And very true to the in-person experience. Best audience recording of Ae I've ever heard.

Guest Greg Reason

Thanks Greg. Is it possible to also get one big seamless file, as opposed to 4 like in the original upload?

Hmm I was thinking about that because I'd prefer one big file rather than four little ones......

What do the rest of you guys think? One big file?

No idea why you want to compress or otherwise tweak it - the sound on this is fantastic. And very true to the in-person experience. Best audience recording of Ae I've ever heard.

Because taking out a bit of the lower mid-range mud and adding a bit of tops makes it sound incredible. Less boom around 150Hz means the sub stuff has more impact and the extra top end gives it all a bit more zing like it actually has when you're standing in the room.

Guest bitroast

LOL this recordings fantastic. awesome having a good quality recording of the melbourne show :):)

Because taking out a bit of the lower mid-range mud and adding a bit of tops makes it sound incredible. Less boom around 150Hz means the sub stuff has more impact and the extra top end gives it all a bit more zing like it actually has when you're standing in the room.

I'll give it a listen then - but I'm a bit of a purist for this kind of thing. I'll be interested to hear whether it gets closer to the live experience, which was pretty startling.

Hmm I was thinking about that because I'd prefer one big file rather than four little ones......

What do the rest of you guys think? One big file?

I say one big one, I could write up a cue sheet if people want to burn to disc and have seperate tracks - any chance you can trim the start and the end to make it <80 mins or is it too late?

^Seconded. I played around with my soundcard's EQ earlier and just a few dB of extra upper mid and high gave it an awesome crispness. I think I upped the bass under 80Hz, but the bass response on these speakers is a little shoddy.

"It never stops moving ... it never stops mooooving ... I want to know how, I want to know how ... it's like they're throwing noise at one another ... like a groovy, visual, like an aural painting ..."

Guest Greg Reason

greg - how does it compare to the sydney show? is it essentially the same?

Fair bit different, lots shorter and they didn't do WNSN in Melbourne like they did in Sydney.

Guest Greg Reason

Yeah I heard some ilanders-ish sorta stuff in the first quarter of the set. WNSN was pretty much straight after the chenc9 jam if I remember correctly.

Well this file is just under a gigabyte, it's going to take eighteen hours to upload so don't wait up! It'll be online tomorrow.

Archived