IGNORED

Autechre tour Australia May 27-29 2010

djimbe

Guest recur

ha ha thats not autechre its Harmonic 313 its taken from mary ann hobs cd

No no, I don't mean that, between that droney track (which is really nice as well either way) and the Ae set, there's a guy going mental shouting "YEEAHHHH!" right next to the mic. This woman turns around JUST before Ae kicks in and says "Sssstooppp iiiiit!" lol

Haha.

The guy constantly yelling out "Yeah!" is my mate Dave. He was on the top of the steps right in front of the desk. I was on the floor in front of the steps. The woman who yelled "Stop it" was my wife. She was in hysterics when I played this set to her in the house on Saturday and she recognised firstly Dave, then herself yelling at him.

We must have been damn close to the recorder of this set.

Too funny.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha ha thats not autechre its Harmonic 313 its taken from mary ann hobs cd

No no, I don't mean that, between that droney track (which is really nice as well either way) and the Ae set, there's a guy going mental shouting "YEEAHHHH!" right next to the mic. This woman turns around JUST before Ae kicks in and says "Sssstooppp iiiiit!" lol

Haha.

The guy constantly yelling out "Yeah!" is my mate Dave. He was on the top of the steps right in front of the desk. I was on the floor in front of the steps. The woman who yelled "Stop it" was my wife. She was in hysterics when I played this set to her in the house on Saturday and she recognised firstly Dave, then herself yelling at him.

We must have been damn close to the recorder of this set.

Too funny.

That is brilliant. Please say thanks to your wife, couldn't stop laughing when I first heard it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest harry merkin

I cant believe how many people enjoyed my Melbourne recording. All I had to do was stand completely still in near pitch darkness for hour and 45 mins . . .

I cant believe how many people enjoyed my Melbourne recording. All I had to do was stand completely still in near pitch darkness for hour and 45 mins . . .

you took one for the team, and for that we are very thankful

damn, you recorded this? i can't count how many times i've listened to it. know it backwards & forwards. even the audience chatter is good.

definitely the best sounding autechre boot ever. cheers!

i'd kill for a quaristice tour recording of this quality.

• 1 year later...

Oh what a night it was, although i admit the last 30 odd minutes has eveded my recolection due to ducking out for a quick joint, then comming back in full of anxiaty. was debating with myself about tripping for the gig, smooth sailing up until the joint!

I've held off with the Melb recording, and wanted to save it for a special occasion. Well it just so happens i'll be house sitting for the folks and they have a nicer sound setup than I...

Thanks for the upload mate.... and for standing still for all that time!

in what format did the mescaline come in, peyote button/extract? I only ask because i'm a drug nerd, and i like to know these things especially because mescaline is extremely rare to come by in powder form.

It was a brew made from trichocereus pachanoi and bridgesii. Coincidentally, these cacti can often be found in peoples yards in Melbourne where they were a popular landscaping item back in the 1970's I think. Screw making it into a powder. You miss out on all the extra alkaloids!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest extherium

Love the hilarious commentary from around 25:30-27:40.

UGGGH ... I love this! ... [unintelligible] ... It's amazing! It never stops moving! It never stops moving! ... I want to know how! I WANT TO KNOW HOW! I want to know how. ... [unintelligible] ... It's like they're throwing noise at one another! ... Yeah he is! ... It's like a moving visual... like an aural painting! ... [unintelligible yelling] ... It's amazing! ... Muahahahahahaha!

Guest bitroast

The vibe in that room was so good. I enjoy listening to the recording and just laughing at the general banter and music discussion^^

I remember seeing one goofy dance move, in which one guy in a 7-11 T-shirt jumped in the air and marked (Australian afl term for catching) an imaginary football, landing and 'kicking' the football back in a direction back into the audience. Didn't really see the imaginary football after this.

The vibe in that room was so good. I enjoy listening to the recording and just laughing at the general banter and music discussion^^

I remember seeing one goofy dance move, in which one guy in a 7-11 T-shirt jumped in the air and marked (Australian afl term for catching) an imaginary football, landing and 'kicking' the football back in a direction back into the audience. Didn't really see the imaginary football after this.

lol, fucking amazing

I was tripping really hard at that gig, god damn.

• 3 years later...

my remaster. had it done yesterday but had to be approved to post.

http://tinyurl.com/aehifibar

from my notes, included:

Remastered to correct for massive problems with polarity and phase, in addition to frequency response of the Zoom H4N in that room. Extra attention was also given to re-alignment across the spectrum. All in all a much more pleasurable experience on headphones and speakers.

Every single process in the chain was as minimal as possible, and of the utmost highest quality possible, either created by myself or the best of class available from others. Everything processing in at least 64bits, through a 64bit audio path. And finally SRC to 44kHz with the highest quality filters specially tuned for this live set, and dithered to 16bit.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to remove the idiot with the evil wizard laugh.

cheers =] and props to Shane Reynolds aka Harry Merkin for the recording in the first place.

I may do a processed version which will balance out the spectrum using high end broadcast audio processing I've been involved with for the past 5 years (as heard on the Olympics, Superbowl, World Cup, and about 75% of all digital TV now). I have a few presets I've designed over the years that can do this without any of the noticeably bad dynamic range slam we've grown to hate. ;) So we'll see.

But for now, these FLACs will do. They are basically unlimited, with maybe about 1dB max gain reduction at 2-3 single spots during the whole recording, for clipping protection.

Are the Flacs somewhere around?

Archived