IGNORED

Autechre tour Australia May 27-29 2010

djimbe

can we start the recording of track 1 @ 5.31?

the jungle trax and the drone isnt Autechre. I am sure the drone is Harmonic 313 track from the Mary Ann Hobbs CD.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Greg Reason

Thanks Greg for the recording!

Wasn't me! Harry Merkin recorded it. I only got along to the Sydney gig

Guest thrones

thanks again to the taper... ;) you didnt tape wolf eyes or tim hecker by any chance...i was stupidly absent to those as well. they work me to the bone!

downloading the remaster. ill blasting thise one tonight before i head off to w w w w w ww w w ork. cheers!

Guest sense

woah, listening to the JesseG remaster as i write, it's like the world's biggest tits just got even bigger! thanks so much to you guys! it's like 95% soundboard (and maybe even better that way), just amazing!

:wub::music:

So are any of these links a single file? Flac, Wav, Mp3. It doesnt matter.

it's 1 zip containing 4 flacs

now it sounds much more like , its recorded from where i was standing in the room right next to the house mixer.

Adam I was right in front of the mixer right in the middle, where else would you expect me to be :-) I stood there for 2 hours before they played to make sure no one got my spot :-)

Shame I didnt see you there

yeah ! i saw some people there steve and such .. but i didnt see you ross..

but it was pitch black :D so ..

:P

Ross

Guest bitroast

sydney set had wnsn, chen9, ilanders. the melbourne set had NONe of these :O

The chenc9 thing is in the Melbourne set too.

They didn't play ilanders, it sounded like they incorporated elements of it into what they were doing but you know, it's just sort of a big mash-up and it's difficult to say what's from what.

where's the chenc9 thing in the boot :!

Guest sense

They didn't play ilanders, it sounded like they incorporated elements of it into what they were doing but you know, it's just sort of a big mash-up and it's difficult to say what's from what.

sounded like completely a jam to me :D

i wouldnt try and go track spotting in an autechre live set.. :D

could do yourself an injury

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/443448/sense_stillgotthesickness.mp3

Guest extherium

ffffffffffffff- :angry:

Knew I should had gone to the Melbourne show instead! That set sounds a lot better than what Sydney got.

recording is very nice! it's good to have a recording of it because i was somewhat inebriated in another universe for most of the set.

Guest sense

recording is very nice! it's good to have a recording of it because i was somewhat inebriated in another universe for most of the set.

was a nice set to be conscious at :D

oh, i was conscious, though tripping. so i enjoyed the fuck out of it, and remember enjoying the fuck out of it, i just don't remember the details of the music. it's good to hear the melodies that were underneath the punishing bassdrums, hehe.

ps. the 'wizard laugh' sounds a lot like my 'holy fuck awesome' laugh. if it's the one early on into the first segment.

edit: also, this was probably one of the most psychedelic live shows i've ever seen.

Guest Greg Reason

File 3, 4.16

It's the same as always with ae live, they don't play em like on the album. This is like an LCC/chenc9 mashup thing, it's not the song off the record but it's the patterns put into a different context.

Guest Greg Reason

ffffffffffffff- :angry:

Knew I should had gone to the Melbourne show instead! That set sounds a lot better than what Sydney got.

Pretty much the same form as Sydney but Sydney was fifteen minutes longer... I enjoyed the fuck out of it, I don't really know how you could walk away thinking it was better or worse than the Melb gig... Sydney was fuckin unbelievable and so is this

yeah i definitely heard bits of lcc and maybe sublimit in there.

it would have been absolutely mindblowing if they'd dropped treale or d-sho qub in there, fuck!

Guest Greg Reason

well, not really. just elements from these tracks.

like I said, all I noticed was a vaguely ilanders sounding synth patch. come to think of it there was a WNSN-like beat but if they actually played the entire track I would have realised.

They very clearly played the melodic synth from WNSN. The beats were different to the record I think

Guest sense

like I said, all I noticed was a vaguely ilanders sounding synth patch. come to think of it there was a WNSN-like beat but if they actually played the entire track I would have realised.

They very clearly played the melodic synth from WNSN. The beats were different to the record I think

aahahhahahaha

they played a live jam dudes

this recording sounds like about 100 times better than the Berlin gig on April 1st. Though i'm not sure if the set is much different at all. It's mainly that you can hear other stuff besides the bass drum.

Which makes me think that they were probably not doing a sound check at all at some venues. I mean, really.

Guest Greg Reason

aahahhahahaha

they played a live jam dudes

Thanks for the official word Sean

Guest Greg Reason

I think he's right though. It's basically jamming + some pre-prepared bits mixed together (I mean, they can't make it all up on the spot, can they?) I think they throw in bits of tracks to appeal to people's sense of recognition, though it appears mine was taking a nap on the night which is fair enough given how insanely tired I was.

It's ALL pre-programmed. All of it. Yes they jam it live but every note is programmed in advance.

And they always pull in bits and pieces of their tracks, like the bits of Byproduct they've been dropping in most shows on this tour.

yeh there's clearly not much jamming. Some parameter changes maybe, and then they probably have a big "next pattern" button

Guest sense

yeh there's clearly not much jamming. Some parameter changes maybe, and then they probably have a big "next pattern" button

sounds like jamming to me :D

Guest Greg Reason

There's something like ten shows circulating from the Oversteps tour. When you've listened to those you'll have a better idea of what they do.

Archived