IGNORED

Autechre tour Australia May 27-29 2010

djimbe

Guest extherium

Mmmm, just over 2 weeks to go! :yeah:

Just found out the friend I'm staying with in Sydney has other friends who are going too. At least now I won't be getting lost.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and a mate will both be at the Melbourne gig, we'll be the ones trippin on acid.... and maybe mdma hmmm been listening to the set from belgium... i'm nearvous with excitement :emotawesomepm9:

i think i'll skip on the acid, i kinda want to remember the set, hehe. last time i took acid and went to a gig i really spaced out and didn't pay as much attention as i should have, zole. maybe i'll just have a half or something..

i think i'll skip on the acid, i kinda want to remember the set, hehe. last time i took acid and went to a gig i really spaced out and didn't pay as much attention as i should have, zole. maybe i'll just have a half or something..

I'm undecided on this.

Well i'm not just nervous with excitement, i'm nervous because i haven't taken lsd for a while and i'm listening to the domino recording right now.... part of me thinks that it would work so well and just needs to be done, but another part thinks maybe at some stage, when the music/acid gets too intense i might get anxiety, or worst case scenario, have a bad trip/panic attack. I don't take mdma anymore but it's always synergised nice with lsd and made it more comfortable so i'm not sure on that, but the acid is a given, just gonna have a benzo in my back pocket just in case... sorry for turning this into a bit of a drug discussion :rtfm: but i'm just really exited.... for the last 2 years i've been getting in to AE and they now stand at the top of my music pyramid. they've been easily the most rewarding music i've listened to ever, and i'm still progressing with them... Quaristice for instance, ironically that was the first album i bought.

So from what i hear, their current tour is evolving from gig to gig more than usual for them. i think it's a bonus for us, because there seems to be a nice progression happening to the evolution of their set. I have noticed that it's pretty intense and relentless, so i'm not expecting to hear any ambient beat less stuff from them, but i just would love to hear something like krib, altibzz or see on see, but i know it ain't happening. either way... we're all going to have a great time :yeah: just hope everything at the Hi Fi is top notch, never been in there before.

I don't really get the whole drugs at gigs thing. like, if you're at a rave then whatever, but if autechre is one of your favourite artists wouldn't you want to be able to remember the set? I'm talking about the kinda drugs that carry a full-on experience/trip with them, mind.

i'd enjoy it either way.

LSD has no amnesia kind of effects on me, if anything i'll remember it more vividly. Its always taken the music to another level, not just with acid, but with any psychedelic and my most preferred thing to do while tripping is listen to music. I guess everyone is different, but i see a rave as a more of social event and having fun. Music and psychedelic experiences are more personal to me, and can sometimes be spiritual. Hey i might look like a drone, and be in a Autechre driven psychedelic trance, but it will be an experience i will always remember... whether i take drugs or not

Quite a few of the VICMOD crew are huge Ae fans, me since 94 :-) never missed a release and after seeing them here 15 years ago play an amazing set in front of 30 people I cant wait :-)

My drug daze are well behind me, I just dont want to hear people talking :-)

I use to love taking acid and listen to Meat Beat Manifesto 99%,and The Psychic Warriors of Gaia album, whenever I dig them out now it brings back such fond memories :-)

one week cunts! fuuuuck yessss

who wants to meet up for a couple of beers at lounge or e55 or somewhere similar before the gig, uh?

Guest bitroast

one week cunts! fuuuuck yessss

who wants to meet up for a couple of beers at lounge or e55 or somewhere similar before the gig, uh?

man. cannot wait.

also, definitely will be there for drinks:)

Guest bitroast

Harmonic 313 added to Perth and Melbourne dates. No Sydney appearance. :( :(

warp site says with rob hall.

harmonic 313 myspace says opening for autechre melbourne and perth.

this is gonna be awesome :)

Guest bitroast

i've asked at least 2 artists to "whip out the amen", one of which actually delivered the goods:)

Guest bitroast

just going to copy and going to paste whats on the autechre site:)

— May

27 Australia, Perth, Capitol - w Rob Hall & Harmonic 313

28 Australia, Sydney, Forum - w Rob Hall

29 Australia, Melbourne, The Hi Fi - w Rob Hall & Harmonic 313

— June

04 Japan, Tokyo, Differ Ariake - w Juan Atkins & Claude Young

05 Japan, Nagano, Taico Club Festival

:cisfor:

Guest bitroast

"HELLO SYD-EN-EYYYYY! to make up for the lack of harmonic 313 tonight, we have pressed a very small and exclusive number of CDs of our untilted live set. live set of untilted CDs for everybody!"

"HELLO SYD-EN-EYYYYY! to make up for the lack of harmonic 313 tonight, we have pressed a very small and exclusive number of CDs of our untilted live set. live set of untilted CDs for everybody!"

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Guest Echo

i've asked at least 2 artists to "whip out the amen", one of which actually delivered the goods:)

Bahahaha, I think they'd just stare you down dead for about a minute and just packing up and calling it a night.

yeah i'm looking to get there at 9.

not sure about afterparty but a few of us will be meeting at beer deluxe in fed square beforehand, send a pm if interested!

woooo can't wait, only one more sleep.... ticket says doors : 9:30 PM... so i guess i'll see a lot of watmm's out the front around 9 :biggrin:

Guest DeadgeeK

I finally got to see them live. Ive been listening to the dublin recording of this tour to re-live Perths gig last night. :music:

Archived