IGNORED

Zwischenwelt - Paranormale Aktivität

When will the vinyl edition of this finally be released? Does anybody have a clue? I mailed Norman Records a month or two ago and they said it would take a few weeks/maybe a month.

I've pre-ordered this already six months ago with other vinyl that is still waiting with this, so I'd like to hear a release date!

i had preordered mine with Norman Records too...record was supposed to be released around the 18th April, but i had to cancel my preorder after it still hadn't arrived as of 2 weeks ago.

it's not Norman Record's fault, but yeah...Rephlex are kinda taking the piss.

i've given up on it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah totally, I just replaced my Zwischenwelt order with 2 other items (The Other People Place / Mystic Tribe A.I. 12" and Cylobotnia CD), I also was receiving other items with it so this seems like a better deal!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
It's a meta-laugh that a label so publicly opposed to piracy does so little to stop it. Pisstakes top to bottom :duckhunt:

Total speculation, but I bet what happened is Rephlex launched their site to combat piracy (following the current trendy theory of "oh you just have to make it EASY for people to pay you and they will!" content-production party line) and then they immediately saw an _increase_ in piracy due to all the out-of-print stuff suddenly being back in-print, in-the-news, and pirate-able. So they said fuck it and haven't updated the site again. And are sticking with formats that cannot be easily pirated.

Thing is I'm not sure the rephlex.com experiment really qualifies as a referendum on the "make it easy to pay and people will not pirate" theory because of all the exclusive tracks and releases they suddenly threw up on there. If they re-re-vamped the site to include awesome big artwork downloads (300px is weak) and zip downloads (not only for the convenience factor, but also because zips are CRC-checked and therefore you know if you get a corrupted DL), then I think it would be great. As it is, major bummer.

What about all the releases stuck in limbo, like We Miss You, the DMX Krew 2CD (this did eventually get released like a year later), the Aleksi shit that still isn't out on physical, etc, and all the other stuff? Major bummer, men

Rephlex Lament # 892

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I don't want to speculate about the reasons but considering the paranormal subject matter of this album it is quite suspicious that the vinyl release for this seems to be cursed. First Rephlex letting us wait for more than 6 months, now Clone still not delivering :(

Anyone else here that pre-ordered? According to Clone distro the new date is now April 18th... The video above has been deleted too...

**X-Files theme**

• 4 months later...

Archived