IGNORED

Dear America

kakapo

I don't give a flying fuck.

I don't give a rat's ass.

I could give two shits.

:facepalm:

:emotawesomepm9:

When you think about this one though, it could go either way. Shit is worth nothing. I care so little, I would give you SHIT! not just one, but two!

No you're right it makes more sense the other way. :facepalm:

Guest vodor

all languages and dialects are just shadows of the Platonic ideal, so this sort of nitpicking is rather frivolous don't you think?

Never understood how people get the could/couldn't confused. Such simple, blatant logic. I gave up trying to figure out why people would say they could care less, I put it down to people just saying the phrase (because it sounds smart or something?) without thinking about what the words actually meant.

It's cool that you could be the shit but not give a shit even if you just shit on your shit while the shit hit the fan that was hot as shit

simply,

a) "i couldn't care less" : it is not possible for me to care less than i do because i do not care at all.

b) "i could care less" : it is still possible for me to care less, because i care, at the very least, a little.

phrase b is semantic nonsense in the context it is normally used.

lol america.

suggestion for modification of said phrase for the purposes of actually making sense:

"i could care less, but it wouldn't be easy"

Guest taxman

wow did you come up with that yourself? or did you watch the video and decide to reiterate everything it just said?

whatever, i don't care

Guest Coalbucket PI

I'd guess he didn't watch the video and just powered through with reiterating it anyway

didn't watch the video.

i can come to my own conclusions about the misuse of language, thanks.

also, i love how the anonymity of the internet creates such a universal platform for being a narky bitch for no real reason.

I agree with this.

Although I always felt that "holding down the fort" was using both military tactic (as said in the vid) and like "keep the situation handled until I get back" "Hold it down. Don't let shit get out of control." "Stay on top of it. Hold it down."

I now claim all rights to the English language. I'll be expecting payment in full by the first of July 2010. Payment of 1/10 of a british pound sterling per 100 words spoken shall suffice. My paypal is hautlle at gmail dot com. If you do not comply, prepare to face the dire consequences.

i can come to my own conclusions about the misuse of language, thanks..

hey give me my jump-to-conclusions mat back please

edit: they don't speak english in brazil

Guest taxman

didn't watch the video.

also, i love how the anonymity of the internet creates such a universal platform for being a narky bitch for no real reason.

sorry man, i meant no real offense. i just like being an asshole sometimes, even in person. maybe it's an american thing.

i was just poking fun because you said almost word for word what the video said.

plus i never liked you.

didn't watch the video.

sorry man, i meant no real offense. i just like being an asshole sometimes, even in person. maybe it's an american thing.

i was just poking fun because you said almost word for word what the video said.

plus i never liked you.

no sweat man, no explanation required.

i'm sure i'll sleep fine tonight.

Guest leprechaun

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I heard "I could care less" come out of my mouth the other day. I immediately stopped and corrected myself, but I guess it's ingrained in some of us 'mericans.

I don't care about not caring, and then I don't care about that!

I don't care. :emotawesomepm9:

Archived