IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it seems like it's about time for them to throw something into the mix that hasn't been heavily done in a zombie flick before, or is this hope unfounded based on the comic book? Besides aliens, what else happens in the comic book that is unique for a post apocalyptic zombie story?

i know i've already mentioned this but i feel like we've gone through literally every pre 90s Romero story stye so far.

comic has 89 issues and counting so a lot. it's mostly about people going crazy.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

also ive never seen this much knife wielding in a zombie flick before. What happened to being afraid of getting zombie blood all over you? I don't get why they arent more fearful of infection, a blood splatter could get in their eye and its all over

in the comics:

the virus isn't spread by bites/blood etc. its in everyone and only comes out when you die. apparently. i may be mistaken. so that could explain why you would keep chopping at a zombie with your mouth open or lie under one....but they don't know this info yet...right? or did the scientist mention it?

they certainly used to wear facemasks in s1 when chopping up zombies

I'm pretty sure that Alien thing is just a joke issue referring to a statement the writer made in one of the early issues.

the tropes in this show are fucking hilarious, though i'm disappointed that none of the women are very badass.

i like how there are scenes with so much tension and then nothing happens, like when that kid took the melee weapons from the dead guy. then there are scenes like in the end where the kid was going towards the deer, and i was laughing my ass off because of that goofy smile he had on his face, and then BAM! i was totally shocked. lol irony

yeah maybe they are trying to make the show really shit so that when something half decent happens you pop a shit with suprise

so does that mean every single corpse we see on the ground is a zombie that someone has already come along and bludgeoned or shot them in the head

yeah i was wondering the same. anyone know?

i think they die if they don't "feed" right? so maybe those ones didnt get some

also ive never seen this much knife wielding in a zombie flick before. What happened to being afraid of getting zombie blood all over you? I don't get why they arent more fearful of infection, a blood splatter could get in their eye and its all over

in the comics:

the virus isn't spread by bites/blood etc. its in everyone and only comes out when you die. apparently. i may be mistaken. so that could explain why you would keep chopping at a zombie with your mouth open or lie under one....but they don't know this info yet...right? or did the scientist mention it?

they certainly used to wear facemasks in s1 when chopping up zombies

that is dumb yet another reason to watch tv not reading a dumb book. if there all already zombies why arent they eating brains when there alive

i'm disappointed that none of the women are very badass.

wait til they write Michonne in:

Issue_19.jpg

edit: I mean, wait til they fuck up this awesome character

Edited by baph

ok lets say try and be positive. either say something you like about the show or just put lol. if we get a rolling lol of more than 25 in a row then we should all stop watching

Ok i just went through and read this entire thread. holy fuck you guys are a bunch of cunts. what the fuck were you expecting from a zombie premise? this is good tv. entertains the fuck out of me more than house or criminal minds or desperate housewives or the xfactor or whatever. but there isn't anything you guys can't hate. god damn. it must suck to be you.

I should mention that as much as i talk shit about the shit talkers i did facepalm numerous times every episode. i'm glad that the one sister died but the other sister is an annoying bitch.

that being said, i very much enjoy it and i hope we get to see some titties. living titties. can't have zombies without titties.

shane or whatever ricks partner is called is a goofy looking fucker who had silly pants last season. i basically hate all of the characters aside from the black dude and the redneck.

i actually gained respect for the redneck in the scene where he knifed the zombie to save the black dude. in the premiere they made him likable for some reason.

Well, well, well... look who joined on the hating, I'm still laughing at the massive back peddling haha.

yeah maybe they are trying to make the show really shit so that when something half decent happens you pop a shit with suprise

so does that mean every single corpse we see on the ground is a zombie that someone has already come along and bludgeoned or shot them in the head

yeah i was wondering the same. anyone know?

i think they die if they don't "feed" right? so maybe those ones didnt get some

In the comic, as it has been pointed out, people turn into zombies when they die even if they weren't bitten or whatever. Dunno if the TV show will stick to that premise, they already diverted from the original story so who knows. I don't recall any zombie dying from starvation either so i guess that's unknown, some where even kept as pets and shit but it think they were fed.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

say what you about amcs the walking dead.... amcs the walking dead is the zombest tv show!!!

high five, homeslice! if you're not watching for the zombies, you're watching for the wrong reason.

was he going to try and pet it? stab it? shoot it close range? milk it? say "boo" and scare it.

I'm pretty sure he was going to give it a heej.

they talked about this exact thing during the "talking dead" special after the second season premiere.

say what you about amcs the walking dead.... amcs the walking dead is the zombest tv show!!!

high five, homeslice! if you're not watching for the zombies, you're watching for the wrong reason.

This is a good point, the zombies are excellent. Very well made, nice variety.

The things that really bothered me in this episode, because it happened in the good portion:

50 zombies suddenly appear out of nowhere, even if there is a lookout on top of the caravan. The zombies are now unable to smell blood / the living (the whole point of the guts episode), you just have to hide under a car, or a corpse, even if you're bleeding profusely. If you wait untill most of a zombie pack has walked past, you can start attacking the remaining zombies and the rest won't notice.Despite this zombies are able to run through the forest to track you down. If you do decide to hide from them in a forest, it's a good idea for one of you to make a lot of noise and lead them straight past your hiding place.

I do like this show though. I just wish it wasn't so stupid.

Edited by Gocab

Guest nene multiple assgasms

they should make the zombies more varied, like maybe do a pack of baby zombies from a daycare. also, there seems to be a lack of fat zombies.

I think maybe the fat dries out after death, but I'm not really sure about the bodily functions of the walking dead, they all seem rather mummified.. I guess they could go for saggy skin zombies.

they talked about this exact thing during the "talking dead" special after the second season premiere.

so what did they say? worth watching? usually hate those new type discussion shows about other shows. i blame big brothers little brother

i tried watching it as well, and i didn't hear the answer to that question although i was amused by Patton Oswalt (who is a geek and by default likes anything geek culture) making jokes out of the plot holes and possible flaws in the show.

its just so painfully true how not very well Walking Dead fills the Breaking void, it was a nice attempt to put it on the following sunday of the Bad finale, but it just emphasizes even more how the shows are not even on the same stratosphere