IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest underscore

If you remove the premise of the series you get a different, more boring series, gotcha.

:cisfor:

holy shit, Dexter turns into regular old CSI

Nurse Jackie turns into Scrubs

Arrested Development turns into Full House

g37893_mind blown.gif

Ok i just went through and read this entire thread. holy fuck you guys are a bunch of cunts. what the fuck were you expecting from a zombie premise? this is good tv. entertains the fuck out of me more than house or criminal minds or desperate housewives or the xfactor or whatever. but there isn't anything you guys can't hate. god damn. it must suck to be you.

If you'd read the comics you would get the complains, besides if you remove the zombies you get a really lame and boring TV show, if not more than those shows you listed.

i don't know why people are complaining about the comics in a thread about a tv show...

it's pure entertainment, get over yourselves!

Guest tv_party

Ok i just went through and read this entire thread. holy fuck you guys are a bunch of cunts. what the fuck were you expecting from a zombie premise? this is good tv. entertains the fuck out of me more than house or criminal minds or desperate housewives or the xfactor or whatever. but there isn't anything you guys can't hate. god damn. it must suck to be you.

If you'd read the comics you would get the complains, besides if you remove the zombies you get a really lame and boring TV show, if not more than those shows you listed.

i don't know why people are complaining about the comics in a thread about a tv show...

it's pure entertainment, get over yourselves!

yeah that's the way I approach it. can't stand miserable nit picking autistic nerds.

Edited by tv_party

haven't read the comics, so i have nothing to compare the show to, but so far i think this series is incredibly well executed. acting, writing, directing, fx, it's all 1st rate.

1st half of the 2nd season premiere had my stomach in knots. that whole highway sequence was incredibly well done.

...but fuck any show that gives a preview of the next weeks episode at the end. way to spoil your own show. as soon as i saw they were doing that i screamed "NOOOO!" and clicked it off quick.

if the ending is a cliffhanger people will be tuning in next week, no need to worry. chill out on that promo crap.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

so the new season started just as badly as the last season. bad bad bad writing and acting. i seem to constantly be on the point of giving up but the potential keeps me watching.

so they find a church...do we need two prayer scenes? we already have rick talking to no-one on the radio which is basically the same thing.

nope can't think of anything good about this first episode. yet i will watch next week. its like lost where the preview is always better than the actual show

did anyone else watch the second season premiere? lol at the deer scene.

why would you let a kid walk up to a wild animal with antlers? i didnt understand what was going on. glad the fucker got shot

well this show had potential but what a load of fuckign shite it turned out to be.

awful writing.

awful dialogue

awful acting

last episode was really painful to watch

i want to be excited for season 2 but FUCK

wow i don't remember being so annoyed by last season.

I was hoping the kid was going to walk up to the deer and start stabbing it, just tearing the fuck into it with that happy grin on his little face.

Edited by baph

did anyone else watch the second season premiere? lol at the deer scene.

why would you let a kid walk up to a wild animal with antlers? i didnt understand what was going on. glad the fucker got shot

that's exactly what i thought. reminded me of louis cks pony bit.

was he going to try and pet it? stab it? shoot it close range? milk it? say "boo" and scare it.

i recently watched frank darabond's the mist. lots of the same actors and boy was it completely unwatchable shit. all suspense was lost when a tentacle comes out of the mist and then some fuckign dinosaurs. :facepalm:

might have to go back and watch shawshank to see why anyone even cares

I should mention that as much as i talk shit about the shit talkers i did facepalm numerous times every episode. i'm glad that the one sister died but the other sister is an annoying bitch.

that being said, i very much enjoy it and i hope we get to see some titties. living titties. can't have zombies without titties.

looking pretty good so far, though i still can't stand some of the acting. the intro monologue would've worked as narration, but then you see him actually talking into his radio or whatever and it looked ridiculous. also all the women on the show are way too emotional and hysterical it just gets annoying. and that silly ass love triangle drama going on, ffs, it's the zombie apocalypse, get over it. oh well, still entertaining stuff.

Edited by data

Yeah, Laurie Holden's character is kind of annoying, and I'm granting her a lot of credit because UNBlonde was my circa-1996 dream woman on the X-Files, what with that '90s bureaucrat hairdo and all.

i tried to watch the Season premiere twice already and it couldn't hold my attention either time, i ended up turning it off. I used to think the main character was good, but his intro narration into the walkie talkie was a ruiner.

shane or whatever ricks partner is called is a goofy looking fucker who had silly pants last season. i basically hate all of the characters aside from the black dude and the redneck.

i actually gained respect for the redneck in the scene where he knifed the zombie to save the black dude. in the premiere they made him likable for some reason.

also ive never seen this much knife wielding in a zombie flick before. What happened to being afraid of getting zombie blood all over you? I don't get why they arent more fearful of infection, a blood splatter could get in their eye and its all over

First episode was pretty good for a while, then they got to the church, and everything turned rather boring. I don't know if these little arguments and morality talks within the group of survivors are going to keep me watching in the long run, I feel I've seen enough of that last season (maybe because they're not very profound or well written?). Why oh why did they spoil the entire season by showing us everything that's going to happen at the end of the episode? The fucks, the only thing that keeps me watching is me wondering where they'll take it next, now I pretty much know up front.

Edited by Gocab

it seems like it's about time for them to throw something into the mix that hasn't been heavily done in a zombie flick before, or is this hope unfounded based on the comic book? Besides aliens, what else happens in the comic book that is unique for a post apocalyptic zombie story?

i know i've already mentioned this but i feel like we've gone through literally every pre 90s Romero story stye so far.