IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

most of the effects have been pretty great but he's right, that shot is just not good. the lighting on the train and the cars doesn't really match the rest of the shot, it's a pretty obvious composite.

it looks great, and to who is it obvious to, the 1 % of the TV viewing audience who knows how films are made?

I'm just happy special effects can look this good on a TV show.

the overall 'package' which is the visual style of the Walking Dead looks better to me than most hollywood post apocalyptic films of the last 10 years.

Edited by Awepittance

it's also clear that on a still that you can look in detail it's gonna look worse than on the moving picture itself. it looked pretty good to me i was even wondering how the hell did they get to close a highway and put some much junk in it.

Did you guys see this:

http://m.deadline.com/2010/11/the-walking-dead-lets-go-of-writers-considers-no-writing-staff-for-season-2/

Frank Darabont FIRES ENTIRE Writing Staff Of The Walking Dead!

We don't know about this…it sounds like a pretty terrible idea!

Sources close the production of the new smash series The Walking Dead have revealed that executive producer Frank Darabont has fired the show's ENTIRE writing staff, and plans to keep it that way for the 13-episode second season - by relying on freelancers!

WTF?!

Out of the six first season episodes, two were written solely by Darabont, while he co-wrote the other other four - which were written by original writer of the comics Robert Kirkman, Glen Mazzara, and two non-staff writers.

Well yeah, but next season is going to be double that! Doesn't he think that he should have people on-staff to help get everything off of the ground?!

And even if not, the series has been such a huge hit! Why mess with that when it's still so new??

We just have a bad feeling that this is going to really blow up in his face. Writing a film alone is one thing, but some of the best material on TV has come from a real collaborative effort!

Let's hope that Darabont knows what he's doing!

The story was already written and they still managed to fuck it up, the show highlight isn't exactly in the writing so it's not so unexpected.

Comics spoilers ahead!

The story in the comics for me started to get really good after the prison arc, the hunters arc was my favorite of the whole thing, Rick and Abraham kicking ass was awesome.

I can't believe they actually used the themes from Danny Boyle's Sunshine (Sunshine - Adagio in D Minor) in the last episode. Also, I believe it was in the very first episode where the theme from 28 Days Later was totally ripped off. Embarrassing.

Also, I believe it was in the very first episode where the theme from 28 Days Later was totally ripped off. Embarrassing.

Goddamnit, not this shit again.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Also, I believe it was in the very first episode where the theme from 28 Days Later was totally ripped off. Embarrassing.

LOL It will never stop

LOL It will never stop

Hmmm... it turns out to be from episode 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYi6soq7b3Q&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1UIKfKGm9Y&feature=player_embedded

Bad CGI explosions, were bad.

I'm glad Dale and Andrea didn't give up, my two favorite characters. Last few minutes seemed really prolonged and stretched out, I wish there was something more keep you teased for a while and give a bit of closure as to WTF are they going to do for gas, where the fuck are they going to go? But it just fell pretty flat.

Not a bad ending, I liked the grenade part, it's a self contained season which is what they promised, they didn't know if the show was getting a second season and they worked with what they could.

Season 2 is gonna be awesome > http://spoilerwatch.blogspot.com/2010/12/walking-dead-robert-kirkman-previews.html

For now, Kirkman is cagey. "I'm a big fan of Merle," he says. "I know Frank and everybody involved with the show has huge plans for that character, but aside from that I can't really get into it. We will someday see him again and his story is definitely not forgotten. But how and when he will materialize is just going to have to remain a mystery for now."

Viewers will most likely have a long wait before the 13-episode second season debuts, as AMC reportedly wants to premiere the show around Halloween again next season. But Kirkman suggests the extra time will allow the show to figure out the best stories to tell to follow the Season 1 finale's various possibilities.

so at this point the show has gone from Day of the Triffids (wakes up on hospital post apocalypse) to Night of the Living Dead ( holed up in a house) to Dawn of the Dead (rag tag group bands together to find sanctuary) and now to Day of the Dead (cdc locked down compound), what other zombie territory is it going to cover? i havent read the comic book and i don't care if anybody spoils it. I'm just hoping the show will cover some unexplored territory in Season 2.

edit: they need to let Vince Gilligan either direct or write an episode of Walking dead

Edited by Awepittance

spoilers

On the comic things get really interesting when they get out of the prison, before that they get to a farm and meet new people, if things don't start moving faster this is pretty much the storyline for season 2. Michonne is going to make an earlier appearance too so that's a good thing since she's one of the most interesting characters of the book, quite curious how they will handle her on the show.

Edited by vasio

6 million viewers for the finale????

The show is so cheesey!

the finale had me facepalming the whole time, such melodrama and bad acting and horrible cgi...oh my

well at least it has nowhere to go but up from here...could be interesting if it gets worse though, this just in: Ed Wood gets resurrected to write for the walking dead

the zombie wife x-ray was pretty cool but this is one part of a truly horrible episode of television, they should bring in Max Brooks and change the name of the show to World War Z if they want some good writing, or use James Gunn, who wrote the Dawn of the Dead remake and the film Slither....

Darabont thinks he is still working with Stephen King because this series reminds of all of the horrible King adaptations for tv....

and yet Rubicon gets the ax?

thanks America