IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

The bit about the modern strands of weed and his ordeal was ridiculous. I was hyperventilating-laughing to the point that I had to pause it when he was describing the drive-thru incident. My girlfriend just said "why is this funny?".

yes oh god i was dying from this bit. "i'm leaving!"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes but the point of putting the material up on the web is for the new fans who are just finding out about his back catalogue. Fuck's sake.

all of his material is on the web already, trying to cash in on it might ruin the novelty/hype of this whole "5$ for a new exclusive show" idea, you just don't really understand the mind of an internet pirate.

im trying to say that following his latest success with an internet shop for his old stuff might not be a good idea. i see this latest move as an honest conversations with the fans who are internet-aware so to say, fucking about with marketing usually doesn't work with those people. it's mostly the timing that's problematic though, later on it might look different.

on reddit, i don't think it will bring him new fans cause i think that it converges with other means of exposure he's been using.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

finally got around to watching this. great stuff as usual.

chinese babies

and "i'm leaving" were the standout bits for me.

sounds like it was profitable too for louis. for me though if this had come out on the usual channels - eventually it would be on netflix and then it would either be a dvd in the post or a stream, which wouldnt have cost me $5 extra. but with that said i like this model and how open he is about it too

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

only issue i found with this was the MP4 format was not recognised by my dvd player via a usb flash drive.

yes but the point of putting the material up on the web is for the new fans who are just finding out about his back catalogue. Fuck's sake.

all of his material is on the web already, trying to cash in on it might ruin the novelty/hype of this whole "5$ for a new exclusive show" idea, you just don't really understand the mind of an internet pirate.

And you don't understand that not everyone is a cheap cunt with a sense of entitlement.

And you don't understand that not everyone is a cheap cunt with a sense of entitlement.

Yeah. I'm with chen on this one.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

uh, what else? no jews, I think they said that earlier, but I just, they told me I have to say it. jews aren't allowed. if you're jewish it's a good time to uh, to go. if you're, if you see someone kinda jewy lookin', then please, tell an usher, and they will, uh... sir, come on, let's go, come on.

sounds like it was profitable too for louis.

$500,000 so far.

kinda bummed that he says it's still less than what he would get if he did it via some company.

So far. So far. So far.

This is less than I would have been paid by a large company to simply perform the show and let them sell it to you, but they would have charged you about $20 for the video. They would have given you an encrypted and regionally restricted video of limited value, and they would have owned your private information for their own use. They would have withheld international availability indefinitely. This way, you only paid $5, you can use the video any way you want, and you can watch it in Dublin, whatever the city is in Belgium, or Dubai. I got paid nice, and I still own the video (as do you). You never have to join anything, and you never have to hear from us again.

Additionally for anything else he decides to sell on the site - his sunk costs like web site development (32K for website development? for that site?) have already been taken care of. His licensing is totally up to him.

The bit about the modern strands of weed and his ordeal was ridiculous. I was hyperventilating-laughing to the point that I had to pause it when he was describing the drive-thru incident. My girlfriend just said "why is this funny?".

yes oh god i was dying from this bit. "i'm leaving!"

I can't remember what parts I was dying from, but I know this was one of them.

"I'm Leaving!!!!!"; "Hoh shit, okay."

Oh yea, the whole kissing anus's and then they explode, and the whole thing about Clifford. "You just drew him big!". Couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.

Guest ansgaria

I just watched the new show through. Holy fuck, I love this man. The bit about the anus exploding was so fucked up, yet I couldn't help but think "Hey, that's a pretty fun and clever observation", yet it's so fucking ridiculous and was over in a short moment. Fucking hell.

sorry if this is jazz, but if you want to hear a really heart felt and great interview with Louie listen to this

http://www.npr.org/2011/12/13/143581710/louis-c-k-reflects-on-louie-loss-love-and-life

and if you just want to hear him cry, scroll to 40 minutes in

awww louie, you are so cute

I was on terry Gross today http://tinyurl.com/8ypqaax and I cried like a little bitch. Jesus what a douche. http://www.louisck.com

Archived