IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(in a good way that is)

Yeah, it's not in the "no george lucas humans don't talk like that" way, but more in the "i could totally see something like that happening to me under the wrong set of circumstances & that's terrible" way

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mirezzi

The Miami episode was fucking brilliant. Every dude can relate to that shit...and every dude human without an amazing body eating disorder can relate to the first scene on the beach.

CK continues to solidify his career as one of the best American short story writers and filmmakers.

He's amazing in the way he just talks about all the stuff people think but don't say out loud, and when he does it it just comes out funny and not weird, as it would have if anybody else said it. I haven't started watching the new season, but I look forward to it!

his casting choice in the miami episode was really poor, the guy who played his miami bro was probably some average hunk from the local gym.

though maybe it was just louie wanting to hang with some real contemporary pumped up bro for the duration of the episode shooting. :cisfor:

Guest Deep Fried Everything

:w00t::wub: parker posey <3 :happy:

and i'm just starting to watch this again, and it's as brilliant as everyone says it is.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

the ending of the last ep is sooo so beautiful, i nearly broke in tears :cry:

really good acting by louie and the milf

:w00t::wub: parker posey <3 :happy:

and i'm just starting to watch this again, and it's as brilliant as everyone says it is.

Yeah, that was an amazing episode. Really great.

while i do still really enjoy his show, this season seems to be far less quick paced comedy with a much heavier dose of dramedy. I prefer some of the older episodes like getting stoned with the neighbor. Parker Posey was extremely amazing though acting wise, girl should be in a lot more films. I just want more pure laughs in his new episodes, that's all i ask. He's just a few steps away from being the only other show on TV besides Six Feet Under that is this depressing

His development of the gorilla in ballet joke was pure laughs. And the season's still young, so we'll see what happens.

Something amazing about Louis C.K. is that, when he makes you laugh, he often makes you laugh so much your chest hurts and you need to gasp for breath. I haven't had that consistently from one person before.

The weird thing about Louie CK for me is I've never really been into his standup even though I do think he's pretty clever/perceptive, but I actually really like the show because it feels more like a good drama about a guy who tells jokes than a straightup funny show

and a lot of the cinematography is really nice

Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, the date with Parker Posey episode will go down as one of the best in the series.

He's really an exceptional short filmmaker...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so i was gonna bitch about how 3rd season seems pretty disjoined and disappointing (not a fan of parker posey/robin william sepisodes - stop trying to be woody allen, louie) for most part when the lastest episode made me excited about the show again. i loved the awkward comedy. the ikea breakdown, the crabs, the reconcile with old friend. truly funny and smart.

Archived