IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

latest episode was probably the only episode of louie i've ever seen that i didn't really enjoy that much. felt like it was written by someone else or something.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

latest episode was probably the only episode of louie i've ever seen that i didn't really enjoy that much. felt like it was written by someone else or something.

Yeah, I dunno, it was good but it gave me that feeling too for some reason. IGN reviewed it as the best of the season and gave it a 10. It had some great moments but as a whole I felt disconnected.

Guest Mirezzi

I thought it was a flawed but brilliant episode. I absolutely love the risks he's taking with the show. This season has been really fascinating.

For people whose relationships with their folks are really difficult or strained, like mine and my wife's, the final moments with Louie on the boat scored a direct hit emotionally/philosophically. It's that decision to say, "You know what? Fuck this shit. I'm staying as far away from this asshole as I can..." Following through on that commitment comes with a hefty psychological price tag, especially when the asshole in question dies before reconciliation is even viable.

Well what did come through loud and clear is the point that sometimes people can't help but laugh, even if it's inappropriate. The manager of the store. The poker friends. Louis on the boat.

All that stuff about his father was more opaque, but it was powerful. As someone who's anxiety manifests with physical symptoms (and yes, rashes and throwing up is not an exaggeration), it's a good portrayal of how fear can make your body fall apart.

Guest bitroast

Yeah, I dunno, it was good but it gave me that feeling too for some reason. IGN reviewed it as the best of the season and gave it a 10. It had some great moments but as a whole I felt disconnected.

feeling this as well.

it didn't help that the escape sequence was a bit of a drawn out re-hash of the scene in season 1 where the girl runs away from louie strainght into a helicopter and flies away. enjoyable episode. not terrible. but not the best.

I thought it was a flawed but brilliant episode. I absolutely love the risks he's taking with the show. This season has been really fascinating.

For people whose relationships with their folks are really difficult or strained, like mine and my wife's, the final moments with Louie on the boat scored a direct hit emotionally/philosophically. It's that decision to say, "You know what? Fuck this shit. I'm staying as far away from this asshole as I can..." Following through on that commitment comes with a hefty psychological price tag, especially when the asshole in question dies before reconciliation is even viable.

Yep

does anyone else feel like Louie is not a good enough actor to pull off some of the stuff he writes? I hate to say it but the guy needs acting lessons, sometimes i cringe when he tries to seem really emo and stuff.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Awepittance, I think you've lost a marble or two on this. CK is a great actor 99% of the time, he pulls off some shit I don't think some of the best actors in teh whurld could pull off.

This episode was the first episode I've seen of his in a while where I didn't conclude in awe and amazement of how majestic it was.

i'll accept that assertion that i've lost a marble or two, because i have. however i just don't think the overly serious 'deep' stuff is consistently good, especially when (and this is also the strength of the show, but its also its greatest weakness) when he has so much control over everything. Sometimes it's good to have a critical voice while working on something to help refine it and make it better, this new season seems too unfiltered in certain ways for me. Louie's acting abilities aren't bad, but sometimes they are and when they are it pulls me out of having suspension of disbelief extremely hard. It was made even more noticeable by having what i consider one of the best actors living today,f murray abraham do a scene with him. Jesus christ that guy is good.

My favorite scene in this last episode was the Jim Norton jerk off children quality drawings, that reminded me a lot of season one. Where it was more about the silly jokes and less about pushing philosophical stuff on you

i mean yeah i get that Louie is depressed, i think we all do by now, but it honestly becomes redundant and not very interesting when it's just a bombardment

this last episode seemed inspired by Synecdoche somewhat, anybody else feel that?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived