IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

Tripping, life experiences. Louie has had his share of both, I reckon. It's not cheating if you come up with a great idea under the influence. You're just expressing your thoughts based on external stimuli. Plus, you can't expect epiphanies all the time. They just happen at random.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

these episodes were great!

yeah pretty much covered the whole louie spectrum, between them. first episode was all wacky jokes with an underlying theme of "man getting old is dark". Second episode was this beautifully shot & scored extended vignette that takes emotional left turns after every commercial break

Yup, I think Louie is starting to be one of the most unique TV experiences. It borrows from Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm and nouvelle vague and somehow this mixture of influences comes out totally fresh. I think that's because Louis CK is a walking contradiction: he possesses almost all of human mistakes, he's shy and clumsy and that's why everybody can relate to him; but at the same time he's extremely self-confident in what he does and has balls to go very far. Loves and hates himself at the same time.

Yeah the first episode of S4 was great in the intro - did anyone else get a bit of a Brazil vibe?

The second episode was interesting - went from utter darkness to having a girl (who had said no earlier in the episode) buy him drinks. Love the utter sense of realness in the show.

Guest murphythecat8

Louie is a amazing show imo

Love Louis CK since the beginning, hes a legend and one of the best stand up comic of all time

I remember when I just discovered him, about 8 years ago, he was number 98 in the all time stand up comic, where is he now, top 20 at least?

great start to the series. interested to see how this lawsuit pans out as an ongoing storyline, imagine having to pay 5000 a month for the rest of your life.

interestingly i can relate, i was almost kicked out of primary school when i was 8 for whacking a girl who tickled me, i just cant handle it. my body involuntarily lashes out in any way possible to stop the tickling. i genuinely think if you strapped me down and tickled my feet i would be dead from being unable to breathe within a minute or two.

I'm really happy that stuff like this is being made today, because of so much shit in all kinds of media. Really fresh, good show, c.k.!

Today's episodes were good - not as BANGish as the first two were but still excellent in their subtle way. If I see correctly the fourth episode is part of a larger story arc - there are 6 episodes titled The Elevator, so I guess we'll see the foreign girl a bit more?

there are 6 episodes titled The Elevator, so I guess we'll see the foreign girl a bit more?

i betcha the plot will become increasingly surreal and/or lifechanging for louie, and then at the end it turns out it actually was all part of his daughter's dream

• 2 weeks later...

Archived