IGNORED

OK, Time For A Rant

Joyrex

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit Meddler is cool :)

Few Nolder on mu is another offender.

Few Nolder's alright stuff, but yeah that is a lame name.

I'm kinda indifferent about it, but it is kind of a lame trend, but when the music is good it's acceptable... when the name is cleverer than the music it's not

I guess Nosaj Thing could be another offender, but I like his stuff. There's a grind band called the Tony Danza Tapdance Extravanganza, pretty ridiculous name but I think it's hilarious, they're a pretty good band too.

Bit Meddler is the cleverest one.

Indeed! I like. Never heard the music though.

But yeah all in all, it's kind of a lame trend that does indeed seem to have started with Gnarls Barkley.

i don't get either of these. am i doing it wrong?

Yes.

But yeah all in all, it's kind of a lame trend that does indeed seem to have started with Gnarls Barkley.

Bette-Midler.jpg

Guest dilbthelame

Bette-Midler.jpg

ahh.....

clearly the work of a shining wit

Guest Coalbucket PI

I agree with Joyrex that these names are pretty shit.

I love spoonerisms and I do it compulsively, but Com Truise and Wevie Stonder are shit spoonerisms. I don't see the appeal of naming yourself like that.

PS I think my best spoonerism ever was 'Charmless Humour'. I also came up with Manual Eating today which I liked.

I do sometimes get annoyed by this but honestly, Truman Peyote and Run DMT are brilliant names

some others i've come across

rank sinatra

bling crosby (i used this one for a while)

urethra franklin

awesome welles

i actually like it, it makes more sense for non-serious breakcore/noise artists though.

but by far the worst offender is:

xepha :facepalm:

Guest Sprigg

Bit Meddler is cool :)

Few Nolder on mu is another offender.

Few Nolder's alright stuff, but yeah that is a lame name.

I'm kinda indifferent about it, but it is kind of a lame trend, but when the music is good it's acceptable... when the name is cleverer than the music it's not

I guess Nosaj Thing could be another offender, but I like his stuff. There's a grind band called the Tony Danza Tapdance Extravanganza, pretty ridiculous name but I think it's hilarious, they're a pretty good band too.

Yeah, Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza is one of the only heavy bands I can stomach anymore... which is weird, cuz it's almost just noise.

Guest sirch

I think Duran Duran Duran is a great name for a band, to be honest.

That's probably the worst offender - not only is he riffing off a popular 80's/90's band, (who in turn took their name from a sci-fi movie, Barbarella), but then he directly riffs off the reference the original band refers to, but doesn't bother changing it at all!

do u really mean to say "riff", instead of ripp ?? i don't know why you'd do that, but.. i guess in the States anything is posssible.

Guest sirch

yeah i dont like this trend. lame. i dont think it would annoy me if it was just one or two bands but it seems like theres a shitload. its just being lazy.. not creative at all..

too bad u don't like.. i say, why not make some music yourself and call it what u want y don;t you ? :)

let's all make some music and stop talking shit :)

a friend of mine made up the best one ever and no one has used it! You won't believe it after I type it! Here it comes! :emotawesomepm9:

Jean Claude Trans Am

I think Duran Duran Duran is a great name for a band, to be honest.

That's probably the worst offender - not only is he riffing off a popular 80's/90's band, (who in turn took their name from a sci-fi movie, Barbarella), but then he directly riffs off the reference the original band refers to, but doesn't bother changing it at all!

do u really mean to say "riff", instead of ripp ?? i don't know why you'd do that, but.. i guess in the States anything is posssible.

He must be crazy, because I've never heard someone say riff off.

Cords of Banada.

That made me laugh. :biggrin:

Archived