IGNORED

Shed - The Traveller

Redruth

Dettmann's album was disappointing though in comparison to his EP's and DJ'ing from what I've heard.

Just about to spin this for the 5th repeat. I can't even remember the last time I did that with an album.

been looking forward to this, last time i saw him dj it was with prosumer and it was an absolutely mindblowing set.

Brilliant album!

Shed_flyer_web_back.jpg

:wtf:

Pretty insane line-up :D

is anyone else gonna go to this?

Guest blakeboogie

Just had a couple of back-to-back listens. Really good stuff, I'm pretty sure this will be making my Top 10 for the year. Wax ordered, even though it's well overpriced @ £15.

Guest blakeboogie

Ok this has now got me hooked. Along with Actress and Mount Kimbie this is the best electronic music I've heard for some time. The guy is obviously a big fan of Drexciya and Autechre, yet sounds nothing like them. 10/10.

Guest disparaissant

gave this a go earlier, really good mix.

i mean

Tracklist:

Moving Ninja – Uranium – Tectonic

Distance – Empire – Hotflush

Peverelist – Esperanto – Punch Drunk

Elemental – Metal Funk – Runtime

Moderat – Rusty Nails – Bpitch

Black Pocket – U’re A Sta (Martyn Remix) – Fat City

Skream – One For The Heads – Tempa

Elemental – Shiner – Urban Graffiti

Aphex Twin – Digeridoo (Live in Cornwall) – R&S

Drexciya – Water Walker – Submerge

Link – The Augur – Evolution

UR- The Seawolf – UR

Surgeon – Dry – Dynamic Tension

Joy Orbison – Wet Look – Hotflush

Loefah - Twisup Vip (RMY by Youngsta & Task) DMZ

Pan Sonic – Vampina 2 – Blast First

MDR – Rerun – MDR

Zomby – Strange Fruit – Ramp

Shed – Supa – Soloaction

yeah, good stuff haha.

This album woke me up at 3 in the morning, and I don't even own it.

A few days ago I checked out the samples on Amazon. It was in one of the more old-school players Amazon has, the ones that pop up in a new window. Anyway, I had left it open after running through all the samples. For whatever fucking reason, it started playing again around 3am this morning. My computer being in the living room, I initially woke up and thought someone in my building was playing music. I found this odd considering the time. Then I started to realize it sounded like something I would listen to, and that it was coming from my living room. So I get up, walk up to the computer, turn on the bright as fuck monitor I was not prepared to stare at at 3 in the morning, shuffling around between all the browser windows I had open trying to figure out where this fucking music was coming from (at this point I didn't know it was Shed). Finally I found it and shut it off. Really I should have just turned the volume down on my speakers and not even turned the monitor on, but I was curious you know? Then I went back to bed. I don't think I fell asleep as quickly as I would have liked.

So was this a sign I need to get this album, or a sign that Shed pissed me off and I should shun him?

Is alright, nowt special. Wouldn't call it techno either. Last track was decent, lots of filler up till that point , including the truly underwhelming and boring 'My R Class'. Not much meat on its bones overall, alot of glossy production coating its soulessness, same old shit.

The album is half and half for me,

some great stuff and some very ordinary tracks too, devoid of real inspiration.

"Mayday Mayday" and "No Way" are examples the tunes he gets it right (for me anyway)

Archived