A song you should hate but you just can't

Guest beeb21

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any and all well-produced music with soulful black women

lil wayne

etc.

shit's fucking good, and you can't grind to idm.

alright i gotta revise this

to be honest

i should be ashamed but i totally unabashedly love mainsteam rap mixtapes.

digging the fuck out of "The Orgy (The Sex Tape)" right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always comfortable with the pop music I like. Hell, Katy Perry sits next to Aphex Twin on my shelves. Some can take quite a bit of rationalizing though, e.g., Lady Gaga's Telephone. I actually googled the details of how that song came to be because the association with the steaming shitpile that Gaga is in general was next to unbearable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZoJe-MJgfE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4eMyOzD9UI

I must've listened to these well over 15 times each last week. Those 2001 dance songs were so catchy.

Edit: HA! I love that commercial jingle. At the end where the music gets all wonky is so weird. Never heard the downward chromatic at the end, probably because my friends were always yelling at me to mute the commercial.

Jessie J - Price Tag.

What can I do? I can't help it...

Go on tie me to a pole! And when the cockerel crows and heralds the dawn you can shoot me!!!!

Put me out my fucking misery!

• 2 weeks later...

LOL I can totally sing along to that song without looking at the lyrics. I must have heard it about 20,000 times when it was released. 630 CHED.

My recent guilty pleasure is Girl Talk. I don't give a fuck - "All Day" is fucking wicked, except the soulja boy/aphex mashup doesn't really work imo. I dunno why you'd pick "Windowlicker" to mashup, not an easy one to time.

Archived