IGNORED

Brian Eno - Small Craft on a Milk Sea

Guest extherium

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This year, the big news from the Eno front was a new solo album, an instrumental record called Small Craft on a Milk Sea, created in collaboration with keyboardist Jon Hopkins and guitarist Leo Abrahams.

that sentence does not make sense. ether its solo or its a collab

I had to read that over again, too. But by 'solo,' they must mean released under the name 'Brian Eno' (instead of a band name or 'Brian Eno with x, y and z').

Guest The Dirt

lol wtf at 'bone jump'. seems to be trying a bit too hard to be wonky

Bone Jump could've been so much more beautiful (or, atmospheric, I should say). If only I could edit it, just give it a couple touches. Simply, there are just notes that should've been taken out. Where the melody could've ended interestingly, it goes on and on with no destination at all and ends up sounding too pointless. I sort of like it either way though.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i wouldn't have noticed except when they film past dicks head for enos reaction shot its a different person flapping their mouth

eno is king

still needing to spend enough time with this for full process. have attempted to listen couple of times but was

not immediately whisked away as with some of his more tried, true works. brian eno is written legend, are few

things he has done that i could say truly don't enjoy and expect this will be no different. fantastic to hear lot of

eno music's in feature films recently. good to have him on the warpy. curious to hear what he'll fix up next.

Guest Calx Sherbet

sucks to be you^

UPDATE

http://brian-eno.net/seven-sessions/

A series of performance films featuring brand new, improvised compositions from Brian Eno, Jon Hopkins & Leo Abrahams.

A new piece will be released each week for seven weeks, each with a unique partner website from a different nation. The first to go live are 'Instant Nuclear Family' with Japan's Rockin’On and ‘Signal Success’ with The New York Times.

man i love getting updates from his site in my inbox

Guest ruiagnelo

i really loved the first listenings i gave to small craft on a milk sea.

but it is really growing on me.

i love the way it starts with ambient, makes its way into the rock pieces and ends with ambient again, never breaking the idea of the whole.

when i listen to it while contemplating the cover image, i can really imagine a world of its own.

also i really like how the first 10 seconds of flint march sound so autechre.

hope the bonus tracks bring some more pleasure, but i can't imagine them integrated into the main record.

Archived