IGNORED

90's hipsters - what did they look like

delet...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

am i the only one that would totally sex up elaine from seinfeld?

i want to make a map of hawaii on her stomach.

shaped-april-09.jpg

She looks better now than she did on Seinfeld!

I made a "jesus christ pose" reference on watmm a few months back and nobody lol'd at me :sad:

please tell me it was in a troon thread.

I can't find it now. Fuck, it could have been a dream. Oh god, am I dreaming about being unfunny on watmm now?

:facepalm:

I made a "jesus christ pose" reference on watmm a few months back and nobody lol'd at me :sad:

please tell me it was in a troon thread.

I can't find it now. Fuck, it could have been a dream. Oh god, am I dreaming about being unfunny on watmm now?

:facepalm:

WE NEED TO GO DEEPER.

I remember how happy I was when they performed on Conan... I was like "HELL YEAH! THEY'RE BACK!" then I totally forgot until now! one of the few rock bands that I like.

i never understood what that kevin's mom song was about. The lyric goes through my head randomly on occasion. And i don't even like the song or that album much, prefgered the one that came after. badmotorwhatever.

I think what we know now as hipster has always been around, there's a certain area in my city that's full of these middle class wanna be artist kids, and they have always dressed strange, always felt like connoisseurs and doing things because they're ironic. We always had a word to identify these people and it bugs me to no end that everyone is now adopting a different and foreign one to refer to them, but never mind that, the thing is that the meaning of the word hipster has changed and somehow became a term to identify this subculture and fashion. If you want to draw a parallel with what we know today as hipster maybe it was the beatniks, but imo they looked the same as they do now in the 90s.

sonicyouth032807.jpg

kim was such a hottie

whenever I think of a 90s equivalent... Sonic Youth is always the first that comes to mind.

80s would be:

Replacements%201987%20Publicity%20Shot.jpg

70s would be:

th.jpg

60s would be:

Velvet_Underground_bp.jpg

50s:

Davis+Miles.jpg

Archived