IGNORED

WATMM, the guilty pleasure for all techno superstars

eh Speedy

I'm willing to bet most electronic musicians come here and read on a regular basis, but don't want to admit it. oh watmm, why are you the dirty orphan of techno?

i'm willing to bet most (professional, established) electronic musicians when they're not making music or working on other things will/should have much more worthwhile things to do with their limited time than to come here and pish away a few hours of their busy, delicate, fleeting lives.

most of them are in their 40's now, mind. and probably have some kids, pets, wives, and a shit load of adult responsibilites. (lol)

I'm willing to bet most electronic musicians come here and read on a regular basis, but don't want to admit it. oh watmm, why are you the dirty orphan of techno?

i'm willing to bet most (professional, established) electronic musicians when they're not making music or working on other things will/should have much more worthwhile things to do with their limited time than to come here and pish away a few hours of their busy, delicate, fleeting lives.

most of them are in their 40's now, mind. and probably have some kids, pets, wives, and a shit load of adult responsibilites. (lol)

what better reason could they have than that to come here?

this place is the funniest maddest forum i've ever seen, though.. and sometimes it's good just to chat shit.. or waste some time reading other ppl's shit. ppl do say some funny stuff in here. i've had many a proper "lol" moment here reading some of the stuff ppl come out with.. and i've only really been coming here about a year, and only posting for about 6 months, if that. i highly doubt established musicians really come here to learn anything new about music making, but they might check out the new releases section or be interested to read what ppl are saying about their own release...... would make sense. i hear autechre don't ever bother to read any of their reviews/critique/fan babble, though. i guess unless it's a really good review pointed out to them by one of their mates. so i wouldn't expect Booth/Brown to be dropping in here on a regular basis! lol. nor the mighty Phex, Pusher, or Plaid.

so i wouldn't expect Booth/Brown to be dropping in here on a regular basis!

What’s your take on the likes of Myspace and online fan communities like XLT and watmm?

WATMM? What’s WATMM?

We Are The Music Makers…

…Oh THAT thing! And That Other Site™, well XLT, it’s a bit more macho innit and We Are The Music Makers is a bit more geeky. I like them both, slightly…but, you know, it’s like any online community.

Do you pay any attention to the feedback you see on those forums, do you keep a thermometer of what people think?

Well now that they’ve all been MySpace’d, now you can find them all…and they’re all having their pictures up and stuff and be honest about how they are, it’s slightly chilled them all out, which is good! I mean, I know who most people are on there now, which is a bit weird. So I don’t tend to post much now as a result, I post like once a month…and it’s usually just to correct someone [Laughs]. Mainly my mates go on their and will post up links to stuff.

Well, I have to admit… I am one of the ones that hangs around We Are The Music Makers…from time to time [Laughs]

Well that’s not like a bad thing to say, not really! I’ll probably be trying to find you later. The thing is, We Are The Music Makers is actually alright now, because they’ve divided it up into fan rooms, it stops people going like “you fuckin’ twat – that band are shit” posting in threads they shouldn’t even be posting to. But it’s all good, faceless communities create that insane interaction you don’t get anywhere else. So if you can handle it, and you’re feeling a bit brave then go for it…but it tends to just make me giggle, smirk and then go ‘Oh God!’, you know?

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/30687-interview-with-sean-booth/

I stand corrected, Sir.

i'm sure i read/heard that they don't read any of their reviews, though. 'cos they don't much care about them.

i wouldn't expect ________ to be dropping in here on a regular basis!

I can say with certainty that each of the Featured Artists has at one time had an account, or regularly visited WATMM throughout the years.

"throughout the years". yeah i would imagine it'd have been busier with elite bods in the 90's? thru to approximately 5 years ago.

Archived