IGNORED

Don't Make Me Start Having Pledge Drives!

Joyrex

Guest hahathhat

I will donate if you make a Ceephax subforum

How about a Ceephax sub-sub forum? (as a subforum of the Squarepusher forum)

oh no you d'int!

that guy works super hard, answers his emails, and i bet people always bug him about his brother. don't add to it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pulsewarrior

joyrex, is it that you can't afford to pay the 50/mo or you just don't want to/feel it should be paid by the members ?

man i find it hard to believe that with all these fuckers here $50/mo can't be met.

why not introduce a barometer showing members how much has been donated each month on the front page? Just, so like, people can know how much to donate.

Guest mohamed

i vote for

ceephax forum subforum of the football forum

or football forum subforum of the ceephax forum

you can do that

I don't understand your anti Ceephax sub forum stand.

You made a football sub forum based on popularity , well... Ceephax is fucking popular amongst watmmers , plus he is fucking awesome

No doubt Ceephax is awesome, but compared to Tom, he just doesn't have the musical pedigree/background/history that Tom does.

*cough* mu-ziq *cough*

Apologies for not donating in a while Joyrex. Money's been tight this year, new home situation blah blah.

I would not oppose charging for new accounts, might increase member quality. Then we can break down the Great LTM Wall of WATMM and all live in harmony again.

Then ban derp, Maximus Mischief, Craig Anderson, Oscillik, Abusive George, T35513R, Obel, Chassis, Squee, Spratters, Hautlle, Yegg, Wallie Whale, Beno, Jswift

HURURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But seriously, I was being serious upto that last bit.

joyrex, is it that you can't afford to pay the 50/mo or you just don't want to/feel it should be paid by the members ?

man i find it hard to believe that with all these fuckers here $50/mo can't be met.

It's a combination - I paid fully for years, never asking for donations, etc. Until the costs became such that I couldn't realistically afford to shell out 50+ a month continuously, so someone suggested I ask for donations, and the rest is history. I also feel that if people are benefiting from the site (through usage or a subscription), then asking for help in keeping the lights on isn't out of the ordinary.

I don't understand your anti Ceephax sub forum stand.

You made a football sub forum based on popularity , well... Ceephax is fucking popular amongst watmmers , plus he is fucking awesome

No doubt Ceephax is awesome, but compared to Tom, he just doesn't have the musical pedigree/background/history that Tom does.

*cough* mu-ziq *cough*

µ-Ziq has an excellent musical pedigree... at one time, he was mentioned in the same breath as Aphex Twin, and far more often than Squarepusher was in the early and mid 90's.

i don't know if this has been said, but maybe if you stop buying you vidya games for 2 weeks, you'd have a couple months hosting fees. Dont blame this shit on us. This is PATHETIC.

In other words, this is YOUR site. Make up the difference yourself or cancel it, and watch us all come to Canada to find ya.

*gets ready for retort because joyrex doesnt like me*

Joy Rex + Chaosmachine

why not create a sub-forum that includes a secondary selection of subtopics consisting of 20 or top 50 or top 100 of

watmm's most talked about artists? that way you would not need to disrupt the sanctity of the 'WATMM Featured Artists'

and we could still have a bunch of additional places to talk about other specific producers (like clark)!

also that would create the opportunity to add select elite artists (like clark) to the WATMM Featured Artists slowly and then

ones that are harder to decide on could go in the extended sub-forum and it would be a sort of trial run for artists

to then possibly graduate to the WATMM Featured Artists depending on how much traffic their pre- WATMM Featured Artists

sub-form received.

just an idea

Joy Rex + Chaosmachine,

why not create a sub-forum that includes a secondary selection of subtopics consisting of 20 or top 50 or top 100 of

watmm's most talked about artists? that way you would not need to disrupt the sanctity of the 'WATMM Featured Artists'

and we could still have a bunch of additional places to talk about other specific producers (like clark)!

done.

I'm still in favor of charging for new accounts.

die, you internet marketing genius.

Would people pay for dupe accounts? I think they would :emotawesomepm9:

it'd probably be our #1 source of income.

lol,

how about an option of upgrading pleb accounts to LTM for cash :emotawesomepm9:²

yeah, but in all seriousness this is really pathetic, you can't split 50 bucks a month with a couple of mods or something ? work an extra two or three hours or so ? this is sort of a lifetime project of yours after all..

another great idea would be selling watmm's popular demands, for example: banning tht_tne/troon - 30/185$, unbanning lion/theo 50/40$, exclusive time limited rights for posting in LTM and so on..don't try to force donations, make them come out of the community more willingly and naturally

i would gladly pay a couple of bucks for lion's return but i really don't see myself paying for you inability to pirate video games.

This is good, we sponsor WATMM on a regular basis, then you stop throwing tantrums at people and banning them because it's "YOUR SITE"? :)

lol,

how about an option of upgrading pleb accounts to LTM for cash :emotawesomepm9:²

yeah, but in all seriousness this is really pathetic, you can't split 50 bucks a month with a couple of mods or something ? work an extra two or three hours or so ? this is sort of a lifetime project of yours after all..

assume you like listening to public radio, because it doesn't have a lot of commercials and the content is better than other stations. maybe you like it so much you even call into the shows sometimes.

you don't want public radio to go away, so you donate some cash. maybe they send you a tote bag if you donate a lot, but in terms of expectations, what you're paying for is to keep public radio around.

that's how it works here on watmm. if you want to keep it around, you can donate. if you want a new forum for your favorite idea, well, this isn't a buy-your-own-forum store. if you want to pay money to ban member x, well, this isn't that kind of place, either.

joyrex and i put in dozens of hours a month working to keep this site online and functional. same for the mods who put in time every day to keep this place from being overrun with spam and crap threads.

we could spend our time making money freelancing... or maybe reading a book, going for a walk, or spending time with family. instead, we set aside hours of time to keep this place going, for your enjoyment.

so, if you think that's pathetic, maybe you should find another place to spend the next 5 years.

I upgraded to Members Plus, Joy Rex. Can I have a Venetian Snares Subforum.

Ho'h Wait! You could like, hold a drive. And it'd be like, raise $100 collectively and I'll make a Vsnares or Ceephax sub-forum.

In all seriousness, I think that could work.

I'm not really down for 'buying' forums and bannings, etc. - then it becomes a case of the haves vs. the have-nots, where I have always seen the internet as a great equalizer of that paradigm.

The biggest issue I have with giving a subforum to Clark/Ceephax/Snares/DMX Krew, et al are where does it stop? Why does Snares get a subforum when LFO doesn't? People still give me hell about Cylob and µ-Ziq (and to some extent, Plaid) to this day - I really don't want that (plus demands for other subforums) multiplied.

That, and it also wouldn't fit into my overall plan for WATMM (the site) with the content for the Featured Artists, etc. It would make an already daunting task even more scary.

Y'know, I was joking with the title of this thread, but perhaps semi-annual pledge drives like Public Radio and Television do would be a good way to keep the monetary flow consistent (have a monetary goal for the year that covers hosting plus software licenses, and have a week where we solicit donations and possibly offer 'gifts' in exchange for certain monetary pledges...

JOYREX. Theo will buy watmm and assume hosting fees for 500$. Will you do it?

Theo can suck my dick for 500.00, and he better damn swallow.

Archived