I think cave paintings were a s.o.s./warning beacon just incase their big plan failed then they assumed we would evolve to go to the planet and get killed if they hadn't killed us first.

It wasn't an invitation it was a warning.

About Noomi:

It's a pity she won't live, but then again, who does?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

finally saw this last night. few thoughts:

- the ending scene where noomi opens the door and lets the engineer get attacked by the octopus thing - was a better ending than alien as no-one was fuckign hiding taking a nap in the wall cavity.

- don't really like noomi in anythign except dragon tattoo films. shes no weaver.

- didnt care for any of the crew members - could have done without them tbh. stringer bell was shit even with his quirky accordian (although i did like his tshirts).the other 2 crew guys with their betting could have been cut completely.

- old man guy pearce didnt look that bad.

- the "father" line should have been cut

- the opening scene was beautiful

- the caeserian scene was THE SCENE. loved it.

- the overall look was too clean. until noomi was running around all bloodied it was too much star trek.

- fassbender was great.

- i think they relied a little too heavily on alien. it was like fan fiction. the head coming off the android and even the same voice effect too. the xenomorph ancestor at the end wasn't needed.

- cinemas charge way too much in LA. $13.75?!?! criminal

overall I really enjoyed watching. on contemplating I like it less but still favorably

Ok, so I have another question... if the Xenomorph (the alien from the Alien movies) was a mutation from someone who was infected with the black goo, who then had sex with girl, who then gave birth to an octopus thingie which then laid an egg inside one of the engineers *deep breath* then why is there a xenomorph carved into the ceiling inside the cave?

2moxu2e.png

y0tCW.jpg

from how his hands & neck blend into the armor, i assume they initially were going to make the engineers have exoskeletons. wonder why they changed their minds.

also why are the engineers giant space men and not giant space babes? they could've amped up the maternal imagery if they made them look more feminine. then it would've been extra surprising when it started kicking ass.

Ok, so I have another question... if the Xenomorph (the alien from the Alien movies) was a mutation from someone who was infected with the black goo, who then had sex with girl, who then gave birth to an octopus thingie which then laid an egg inside one of the engineers *deep breath* then why is there a xenomorph carved into the ceiling inside the cave?

2moxu2e.png

because that was the creators' creators plan all along.

Edited by GORDO

2moxu2e.png

maybe the engineers and the xenomorphs are fighting a war and the engineers made the humans while the xenomorphs made the aliens. the engineers were mass producing black goo (they derived from the xenomorph's superior dna) to transform humans into the ultimate army.

edit: or maybe the xenomorphs are their females.

Edited by Hoodie

also why are the engineers giant space men and not giant space babes? they could've amped up the maternal imagery if they made them look more feminine. then it would've been extra surprising when it started kicking ass.

That would actually have been pretty fucking cool. Maybe even beautiful sirens just to keep it in the vein of Greek mythology. Would have been cool if they had had sex with the engineers.

2moxu2e.png

according to this article this was an intentional nod to Giger

I also sculpted an altar area for this set that paid homage to Giger -it is a relief sculpture hanging from the wall and has the impression of an alien form with flowing structures surrounding it. There are a lot of easter eggs in this sculpture — including several hidden Giger motifs that were not used in the original film.

lYoqz.jpg

39kgg.jpg

meeting makers

from what i remember in the movie they looked far more silly, almost lol worthy, the above must have been storyboards to give it a more Giger look, because the final product looked super lit clean as fuck and not nearly as good looking as those images above, what im saying is it just looked bad

9nxmv.jpg?1339772386

Man, this movie is a mess.

yeah, just looking at the space jockeys again reminded me of of a whole storm of shit

Edited by Awepittance

I figured the bas relief (xenomorph engraving) was just a symbol of the Engineer military base operations. Like the NASA symbol, or any symbol associated with military operations.

I can think of an explanation for everything in the film besides the ending which I enjoyed visually so much so that I don't give a fuck.

Any sort of human reaction in the film that we don't agree with is just opinion on our part.

Opinions are like assholes.

They usually stink.

And perhaps, anyone who hasn't seen the film but insists on talking about it, should eat a bag of dicks.

How does one eat a bag of dicks?

Just start on the side and work your way through it.

i dont know, i was just commenting on how the space jockey design is one of the most unimaginative boring and laugh out loud epic Alien designs since Mac and Me, it just looks so fucking terrible jesus christ haha

Edited by Awepittance

I love how this film is bringing out the troll in almost everyone I respect at watmm.

last post

Edited by Atop

my reaction to Prometheus being compared to Mac and Me. Thanks Robbie and Hoodz. Hope you were both kidding. Otherwise you are both delusional.

3_gcwebmed.gif

piece by Alexander Peverett of Team Doyobi and ICASEA

and yes

Last Post