IGNORED

Acid Techno?

Guest inteeliguntdesign

Guest inteeliguntdesign

So, is that how I describe my main music taste now? I've been saying "Stuff like Aphex Twin, Luke Vibert... Orbital. That kind of stuff" up until now...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_techno

I did use the term 'electronica', but then people kept saying "Oh, like Daft Punk?". And "No, not really. Well, not after Homework, anyway" didn't seem a succinct enough response. Techno has the van Dyke/Carl Cox connections. And if I describe my music taste as 'intelligent' (dance music) I sound like a cunt.

Life is hard...

"Acid Techno" generally refers to what crusties (white people with dreadlocks and a dog on string) listen to at squat parties - D.A.V.E. The Drummer and Chris Liberator, anything on Stay Up Forever Records.....stuff like that.

(electronica - a) could be a manner of things . If the subject actually gives a shit about what exactly you listen to then they will ask for a more in depth view and you have your chance to explain. If they don't really care then they go away not really knowing what you listen to.

Either way you win.

Acid techno is acid techno. It's none of that other stuff. FUCK.

RANT RANT RANT FAEK GENER MAED IN US

Guest Coalbucket PI

There was a time when I liked talking about the music I liked with strangers but that was about ten years ago and now I just dodge the question or flail around wildy smashing vases and pissing

About century of recorded music and you listen to acid techno. Do you only eat dairylea triangles as well?

hey, dont slag them I just had one on toast.

although that is because im too tired and hungover and lazy to do anything else. And we dont have any cheddar, what kind of house doesnt have cheddar. Im going to write a fucking letter.

Nah, it's puketrance. It's been puketrance for, what, 70 years now? A truck driver from Buford, North Carolina named Karl Letterling discovered both the hypersaw oscillator and the 4 pole 24 dB filter when trying to interface a toaster into the wiring of his big rig in 1931. Japanese intelligence caught wind of the discovery as they were escalating to the Pearl Harbor attack and the TB-303 and JP-8000 were born. They were initially going to be used as sonic weaponry. 3 black teenagers from Detroit tried to use the Japanese machines in the same fashion to fend off some jits who were hassling them at school relentlessly. In an interesting turn of events, a collection of ham radio enthusiasts in England named Richard James, Sean Booth, Rob Brown, Mark Bell, Mike Golding, Steven Rutter and many others detected the disturbance caused by machines. A wave of nausea came over them from the squelching frequencies. They got their hands on the same machines and steeled themselves against the reflexive desire to vomit; indeed, Aphex Twin's record label Rephlex is a reference to this early response. Puketrance was born. Scores of English teenagers took ecstasy to help them resist the urge to hurl and the side effect was staying up all night so that's why puketrance tracks are all over 11 minutes long and sound exactly the same. End of story.

I think that's the best thing I've ever read on this forum.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

he did say 'main music taste', and dairylea triangles are scrummy

Sh.... there are some pretty important internet egos that need delicate care in this thread.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

Incidentally, I'm just going to be saying 'Jazz' when classifying my music taste in future. Thanks for your help, ladies and gents!

i think when people usually ask "so what music do you like?", it's mostly just a standard polite, 'getting to know you' sort of question and they don't really care much about the answer anyway, so i usually just say i like all sorts of stuff, and then say "what about you?", and leave it at that. then move on to the next meaningless, waste of time question.. before getting drunk and not really giving a shit about what anyone is saying anymore. :)

Thanks BCM. Won't be saying acid techno then...

actually there are some decent tracks. Vegetation by D.O.M. is wicked. this is from the same EP, but not as good:

[youtubehd]U_Qgs5_LniM[/youtubehd]

About century of recorded music and you listen to acid techno. Do you only eat dairylea triangles as well?

hey, dont slag them I just had one on toast.

although that is because im too tired and hungover and lazy to do anything else. And we dont have any cheddar, what kind of house doesnt have cheddar. Im going to write a fucking letter.

Lol

Guest inteeliguntdesign

So, is that how I describe my main music taste now?

Does it matter?

Yeah, because I like to tell people when they ask. "Hey we've organised a night out. You've always said you like electronic music, and deadmau5 is electronic music. We'll pick you up at 5."

God, how I loathe that kind of acid techno. Reminds me of far too many shit raves in the woods near my hometown when I was younger, put me off for years as it would be ALL THEY WOULD PLAY for literally HOURS. Bad, bad music

Archived