IGNORED

£1 punt: Steinvord is Richard D. James

Guest chunky

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

seriously, does anyone else get this?

"the tuss" was a very rdj sort of name to pick. and would rdj ever name a song "the coathangar" and not have it be some horrid joke about abortion?

their approaches to naming are like distinct smells.

Guest hahathhat

he/they might use old samples though!!

p.s. same samples, or just the same drum machine? could be a boss dr660 or what the fuck ever

Didn't one of the tracks posted on his myspace have sampled drums from Go Spastic?

can you remember which one specifically? i think there's a few sounds on maelstorm that are somewhere on go plastic, but not the drums themselves. same breaks though.

Didn't one of the tracks posted on his myspace have sampled drums from Go Spastic?

can you remember which one specifically? i think there's a few sounds on maelstorm that are somewhere on go plastic, but not the drums themselves. same breaks though.

Yes that the one.

No, it´s not him. Clearly not. I bet 1$, I mean Euro, or pound, whatever. I´ll win anyway.

I will take this bet! I think it is. But I don't want to bet a dollar, let's bet a candy bar of your choice from your country of origin.

So, if I lose, I will send you the best American candy bar.

EDIT: Which is obviously Caramello

OT, but don't send American chocolate to a German, it would just be cruel

Guest tonfarben

No, it´s not him. Clearly not. I bet 1$, I mean Euro, or pound, whatever. I´ll win anyway.

I will take this bet! I think it is. But I don't want to bet a dollar, let's bet a candy bar of your choice from your country of origin.

It´s OK, I´m interested how it tastes. You will get a nougat bar. There is nothing better!

the only punt in this thread is if youre running cisco express forwarding and the switch didnt know what to do with this bullshit thread on the ingress and punted it to the route processor

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_tech_note09186a00801e1e46.shtml#punts

even cisco thinks this thred is shit

Go Spastic is on my top 3 favourite Squarepusher tracks of all time. There is no sampling going on on there whatsoever.

This is probably not Richard or Tom, but a really talented kid (if he was really only 18 when he created that myspace) who is into that kind of music. I wish all kids nowadays would get influenced by that stuff.

Besides, production level sounds different, and that 'untitled 11' track sounds nothing like AFX or Squarepusher style-wise. Shows that there is potential.

Isn't Monolith a really young lad aswell? Judging by the videos it looks like that. They probably signed them up because of their early age + amazing ability to reproduce those braindance vibes we all love like few can. They both have an amazing talent for it. Richard started by modifying other people's music, for instance running a 808 State track throught a distortion effect. Let them develop.

Then again.. there are some of those 'wow, how does he do it' moments, like 2:25 - 2:41, iyff acid edit... that bit blows my mind. Top level programming in par with the big names.

Anyway, who cares who those guys are? I myself can't wait for Steinvord and Monolith's releases. Quality stuff and some of the best tracks that could qualify as 'proper braindance' i've heard in a very long time.

It´s OK, I´m interested how it tastes. You will get a nougat bar. There is nothing better!

Excellent!

Yeah, I had trouble thinking of an American candy bar someone from Europe might actually want. Caramellos aren't bad.

• 1 month later...
Guest Calx Sherbet

bump

i disagree, some of this is VERY aphex-y. and some is very much like squarepusher.

regardless, steinvord is pretty awesome. i'm not implying he's either artist

Go Spastic is on my top 3 favourite Squarepusher tracks of all time. There is no sampling going on on there whatsoever.

This is probably not Richard or Tom, but a really talented kid (if he was really only 18 when he created that myspace) who is into that kind of music. I wish all kids nowadays would get influenced by that stuff.

Besides, production level sounds different, and that 'untitled 11' track sounds nothing like AFX or Squarepusher style-wise. Shows that there is potential.

Isn't Monolith a really young lad aswell? Judging by the videos it looks like that. They probably signed them up because of their early age + amazing ability to reproduce those braindance vibes we all love like few can. They both have an amazing talent for it. Richard started by modifying other people's music, for instance running a 808 State track throught a distortion effect. Let them develop.

Then again.. there are some of those 'wow, how does he do it' moments, like 2:25 - 2:41, iyff acid edit... that bit blows my mind. Top level programming in par with the big names.

Anyway, who cares who those guys are? I myself can't wait for Steinvord and Monolith's releases. Quality stuff and some of the best tracks that could qualify as 'proper braindance' i've heard in a very long time.

hi richard

Archived