IGNORED

The Matrix 4 & 5

Squee

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Calx Sherbet

god it's rubbish. what about "morpheus" - what a fucking twat. what about neo's long black coat/robe and the sad cunts you still see walking about trying to look like him. what about all the excessive sunglasses wearing and the "cool" big beat soundtrack? what about the annoying music generally - that fucking long trumpet stab thing that gets overused - lol give me a fucking break.

matrix = worst films ever.

wow, chill

the Matrix sequels weren't that bad, compared to most sequels being crap anyway. Neo fighting 100 Agent Smiths? Mechs fighting Squids?

I thought the ending of Revolutions (the lack of any definitive victory by the humans) was quite interesting, in that "If you are being farmed, and you can't survive in large numbers without the farming apparatus, what are your options?"

There's a fan edit called Matrix Dezionized (or something like that) that merges the two sequels together into one, removing about 2 hours of crap. I still need to check it out, but it sounds exactly what should've happened in the first place....

Ah yes, interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkGpwCxpEN4

did anyone actually try to watch speed racer? I did. It was painfull, but thankfully I managed to turn it off quite swiftly.

the Matrix Revolutions was the last movie i saw in the theatre where the entire audience was bursting into laughter at the most 'serious' parts. The part where his gf gets stabbed by all the squid tentacles was for some reason the most hilarious momentt of the film. Something abpout the way they edited it, where keanea is at the controls and is like 'are you ok hone..' 'oh'

it actually had a decent plot, but it was executed horribly.

it's facepalm city. I used to love the matrix -

well the whole sun glasses, leather jacket aesthetic of the original Matrix is ruiner enough, no question it's a very flawed movie. I feel like the MAtrix only suffers from trying to make itself into an action thriller, when being a thriller would have been good enough

yeah i really thought the story was quite cool. i saw the first matrix at about 14 and it straight up rocked my world. i still enjoyed the sequels, even though they were hilarious and shit.

Yeah i thought the first one was excellent and 2 + 3 were just good. The problem was that the expectations were really high after the first one. It's like when you're taking a dump in the street and a policeman walks past - neither of you want to acknowledge what is happening but at the same time you both know that there is about to be trouble. So you grab a child and slit it's throat because you want the newspapers to say that you were arrested for murder, not taking a dump in public. Still, i'm looking forward to 4 + 5. They just need to lay off the unnecessary cheesy stuff that was in 2 + 3.

Guest Funktion

maybe it'll be a prequel and he'll have to team up with a half human cgi hip hop robot called sparks that is voiced by will smith

The only Matrix movie that exists is the first one. It was actually a pretty good movie with a decent premise. The two others were just awful and looked like that they had no idea what they wanted to say and do after the first movie, which is probably the case.

I'm glad somebody said the second and third movies at least had good ideas, because I saw the third in reruns for like 15 minutes recently and I was like 'hey this is a nice camera angle' and it had some reverence for PACING it actually wasn't Prodigy beats every two seconds when it very well could've been. uhm what I'm saying is it was a big dumb American movie experience but it still seems like it could be legitimately fun whatever movies now are successors to the Matrix they don't even look like my idea of good harmless fun. Then again I don't see too many movies anymore. But yeah I mean shit like WANTED and SKYLINE

I'm trying to figure out if it's just nostalgia or if it has a certain something where it's good at having little moments where you can inject your own imagination in there somewhere. Like more of a sense of something past the margins of the screen more than newer movies. I mean it could be new movie tech where Matrix producers had to suggest certain things a 2011 movie can just throw CG shit at you constantly and make everything look like the videogame the Wachowskis had in mind in the first place

was just saying I think even the sequels were at least ATTEMPTING something enough that they could be unintentionally very funny. And actors had enough of an idea what they'd say in a scene/how they'd say it that it could be very corny and not just bleh. Please someone know what I mean I don't think I take movies as seriously as you guys I'd just like to see a movie with that much overinflated enthusiasm again

and I was just joking if they did another Matrix now in 2011 it would just become this jumble of shit, as in 'if you thought Matrix 2 + 3 were a jumble of shit...'. I dunno I'd really have to see what movies they've done in the meantime I saw a preview for Speed Racer and my mind exploded

did anybody here get 'deep' into the matrix symbolism after watching Revolutions? I had a 24+ hour discussion with an old friend after we both saw #3 and he came to the conclusion that the Matrix creators were basically saying that the Matrix and Reality are really not as different as we were lead to believe. That the whole idea of neo/jesus or whoever being a savior who comes once every 1,000 years is a 'glitch' in reality similar to the glitches we've been seeing in the Matrix, and that once Neo learned how to control the matrix applying the same techniques to reality have basically the same effect. It goes much deeper than that and leads into the question of what is existence itself, but i thought it was at least an interesting attempt at some sort of eastern derived meaning.

They effectively ruined the impact this symbolism could have had by the end by turning #3 into a mech action shooter movie resembling Star Wars Clone Wars moreso than the original Matrix movie.

some random fuck in high school thought the ending would be fucked-up machine world/real world is just another Matrix w/ possible scene of them getting out of that Matrix and everything is actually ok. Isn't this also some Buddhist thing like you'll never really know if there is yet another plane of existence above the one you're currently at because you wouldn't be able to comprehend it

Archived