IGNORED

Taco Bell's meat no longer meets USDA definition of "beef"

Rubin Farr

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand the fuss - if you've been eating Taco Bell for years, decades even, like most people probably have and not suffered any ill health effects (besides the occasional bout of liquid shits when you overdo it), why does it matter if it's only xx% of real meat? If it was 100% ground beef, it would probably cost a hell of a lot more, and then you're basically at Taco Cabana.

I'm going to go on a possibly unreliable internet search for info on these ingredients

Water, -a fine substance

isolated oat product, -idk but oatmeal is good

salt, -yum, salt

chili pepper, -powdered or ground up is lovely

onion powder, -made from finely ground dehydrated onions

tomato powder, -delicious

oats (wheat), -not exactly sure but oats are gluten free?

soy lecithin, -a completely metabolized emulsifier, may reduce cholesterol

sugar, -what kind? idk

spices, -vague, I wonder what qualifies

maltodextrin (a polysaccharide that is absorbed as glucose), -sometimes manufactured in asia, getting gluten in it

soybean oil (anti-dusting agent), -no cholesterol, little sat. fat

garlic powder, -not unpleasant stuff

autolyzed yeast extract, -basically marmite, a savory flavor

citric acid, -sour flavoring

caramel color, -basically burnt sugar

cocoa powder, -lowfat component of chocolate, contains majority of antioxidants, caffeine, and theobromine

silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent), -its just sand. harmless, and possibly reduces risk of dementia

natural flavors, -obtained from plant or animal raw materials, by physical, microbiological or enzymatic processes

yeast, -don't understand the inclusion at all, especially in the presence of sugars

modified corn starch, -prepared by physically, enzymatically, or chemically treating corn starch

natural smoke flavor, -'artificial smoke flavor' may apparently pose health issues, but this says natural

salt, -again?

sodium phosphate, -texturizer,emulsifier,neutralizer

less than 2% of beef broth, -dehydrated soup stock (probably)

potassium phosphate, -food stabilizers,nutrient fortifiers,flavor enhancers. Potassium reduces spoilage & maintains moisture in protein products

potassium lactate. -is effective at inhibiting most spoilage and pathogenic bacteria

From what I can see, the only reason to fear this meat would be if you had coeliac disease, since there's possibly gluten in it.

Other than that, the only thing you really have to mistrust is the beef itself.

I don't understand the fuss - if you've been eating Taco Bell for years, decades even, like most people probably have and not suffered any ill health effects (besides the occasional bout of liquid shits when you overdo it), why does it matter if it's only xx% of real meat? If it was 100% ground beef, it would probably cost a hell of a lot more, and then you're basically at Taco Cabana.

i don't understand the fuss - if you've been banking with [insert bank name here] for years, decades even, like most people probably have and not noticed any dodgy dealings with mafia/governments/terrorist organisations/etc, why does it matter if you suddenly find out that they're not really doing what they're meant to be doing?

american-flag.jpg

i don't understand the fuss - if you've been banking with [insert bank name here] for years, decades even, like most people probably have and not noticed any dodgy dealings with mafia/governments/terrorist organisations/etc, why does it matter if you suddenly find out that they're not really doing what they're meant to be doing?

american-flag.jpg

that analogy doesn't make any sense. the meat taco bell uses is indeed beef, but the beef is watered down with other food stuffs that you'd probably find in your meal anyway. it's not like they're using cardboard shavings instead of meat, ffs.

rage against something more constructive, people.

american-flag.jpg

that analogy doesn't make any sense. the meat taco bell uses is indeed beef, but the beef is watered down with other food stuffs that you'd probably find in your meal anyway. it's not like they're using cardboard shavings instead of meat, ffs.

rage against something more constructive, people.

inorite?

gotta say, typical answer

Hmmm. Whatever else is in this beefy substance, you won't be keeping it in your body for any longer than like 45 minutes, so no worries right?

*Pees out butt*

Guest Ranky Redlof

what in the fuck

yea why not replace all meat with pimped up crap, has no health effects at all and is cheaper! :cisfor:

only in America

Guest Al Hounos

what in the fuck

yea why not replace all meat with pimped up crap, has no health effects at all and is cheaper! :cisfor:

only in America

dumb thing about that video is that nothing about that chicken nugget he made is necessarily unhealthy - high in fat, sure, but eating tiny bits of cartilage and skin and non-prime cuts isn't going to hurt anyone. people around the world eat these bits every day. if anything, we should praise mcdonalds for using the whole chicken.

Guest Calx Sherbet

36% beef is hardly vegetarian. it's more like ground beef+a lot of broth and seasonings. i don't see the issue.

i'll keep eating there. TACO BELL FOREVER WIDDLY SKUDS

fuck yea. it's ghetto as hell, but i love it

volcano sauce is so dope you can make your own to, just mix nacho cheese and hot sauce :sup:

Nachos! :sup:

i wish i could just buy tubs of that volcano sauce

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Had Taco Bell for the first time in months a few nights ago. It was incredibly satisfying. The new fire roasted hot sauce made my burritos even better with the usual copious amounts of fire hot sauce.

Had Taco Bell for the first time in months a few nights ago. It was incredibly satisfying. The new fire roasted hot sauce made my burritos even better with the usual copious amounts of fire hot sauce.

FIRE ROASTED SAUCE FT FUCKING W!!!!!!!!!!

I mix the fire + fire roasted myself. I get odd looks when I request like 4 fire AND 4 fire roasted, but fuck'em... that shit is tasty

Archived