IGNORED

Unreleased AFX flacs

cern

So here's what I've gathered:

Track 7 is a different version of Ventolin [Praze An Beeble Mix]

Track 8 and 9 are just spin-offs of Track 7

Track 13 is a thrown out Analogue Bubble Bath track. It has many elements that bear resemblance to tracks from ANB 5 and ANB vol.3.

Track 12 is very much like Track 1 from Melodies from Mars and a little of Track 8 from MFM.

A - - All these tracks come from a DAT tape.

B - - they all date from the first half of the 90s.

---------------------------------------

why would he put several tracks that don't belong to the same 'project' on the same tape ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Track 13 is a thrown out Analogue Bubble Bath track. It has many elements that bear resemblance to tracks from ANB 5 and ANB vol.3.

Track 12 is very much like Track 1 from Melodies from Mars and a little of Track 8 from MFM.

It is just a DAT with a bunch of home recordings on it.

One of them he thought was good enough to release... and I agree with him.

Guest Calx Sherbet

OK, as long as there's no links to the tracks, etc. and just discussion (which, there already was a thread ages ago about this where I provided sample clips of each track and where it came from, etc.), then it's OK.

then why was i suspended, lol

is track 1 the CAT 023 track? or it 4? i think that first one is beautiful.

I lurk for hours. That's the secret.

Or Chance sometimes helps, found the whole 14 in 1 minute lol

Well, it's not "super secret stuff" anymore, so don't feel too special.

I've really enjoyed this. My cat has also.

I can't say I have memorable favorite tracks, because I like listening to it through, and when I do that, I don't usually pay attention. That being said, I'll try:

Track 1 and 2 are great; especially track 2.

Tracks 3 4 and 5 sound a lot like preliminary/alternate versions of Track 2, to me. I don't like them as much.

I also dig Track 12 a lot.

Track 10 is silly. And I'd lump Track 14 in the silly category too. It just doesn't sound like what I think of as Aphex Twin.

Listening to this has got me thinking about my listening interests right now. They've definitely changed. A year or two ago I was all about Drukqs and other gnarly stuff, but now I really like the Analogue Bubblebaths.

It is just a DAT with a bunch of home recordings on it.

One of them he thought was good enough to release... and I agree with him.

I was just trying to compile a list for those interested. ^^

Guest ansgaria

Interesting listen, nothing awfully fantastic I'd say. We're all just horny for fresh material from Richard, so everything being passed on as new/unheard/unreleased is suddenly pretty good.

this is the most exciting aphex-thing to happen in months. it's absurd to not want to pick it apart. what else is there, another thread about whether aphex is the tuss?

i think he's just scared of the download links showing up again!! i'm happy to respect that and not put up a link... but closing the threads is just asking for drama.

to get back on topic, what's everyone's favorite eq combo for cleaning this up???

i used CoolEdit to normalize, then dehiss. results were pretty good, as good as it's gonna get from 10th gen FLACs.

Archived